2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I really don't get why people consider it shade to call him a center. Just pretend like I'm a spurs fan and I'm calling him a center. Better yet pretend like I'm Greg popovich and I'm calling him a center. It's his position.

:lol: bro if you really dont see the shade in calling him a center then my bad, I was wrong

Tim played the majority of his prime career at PF. 97-2006. 9 years.

In that time period, he did more then enough to be called the greatest PF of all time.

It's really that simple.

:rofl: This is how I know you playing dumb...or maybe just being you..

.Either way, Wavy pulled the numbers from the SAME place you did but was even more accurate in doing so by finding out the exact percentage Duncan played PF and C his entire career. And what do you know? It showed he played PF more than Center...but hey, keep ignoring that.

Bruh what the HELL are you talking about? Do you even know? Please go back and look at the numbers you think you're talking about. You sound really....misinformed right now.

Let's be real, Duncan had greatest PF locked up after 2003 which is only like a quarter of his career. :lol:

:lol: bro if you really dont see the shade in calling him a center then my bad, I was wrong

I really don't. Again it's no different than calling him a 7 footer. You just think it's shade because I'm a laker fan even tho his own coach said the same thing.

Tim played the majority of his prime career at PF. 97-2006. 9 years.

In that time period, he did more then enough to be called the greatest PF of all time.

It's really that simple.

This is exactly what you did last time :lol:. 'He's a pf because I say he is'. OK bro.

Last edited:
Let's be real, Duncan had greatest PF locked up after 2003 which is only like a quarter of his career. :lol:

Exactly. Let's be really real here Lakers fans.

Timmy played PF the majority of his time during the first half of his career. It's not debatable.

This is exactly what you did last time :lol:. 'He's a pf because I say he is'. OK bro.

No. The numbers say Tim played PF more than C during his prime.

Or as you call it, "more than half" :lol:

I really don't. Again it's no different than calling him a 7 footer. You just think it's shade because I'm a laker fan even tho his own coach said the same thing.

He posted real numbers but let me guess, you conveniently overlooked it huh? Go back and search for his post.

Exactly. Let's be really real here Lakers fans.

Timmy played PF the majority of his time during the first half of his career. It's not debatable.
No. The numbers say Tim played PF more than C during his prime.

Or as you call it, "more than half" :lol:

I almost want you to just go back and look for your post so you can make him look more stupid than he already does...TWICE!

Last edited:
Oh yea now I remember. You were going on about how you don't cherry pick seasons and then were like well he played 60% pf in year x,y,z therefore he's exclusively a pf :lol:.

This Duncan debate is sort of like the Pau debate. Both were Cs, but able to play PF because of how skilled they were. What seals it for me, is when **** hit the fan, they would get their *** on the block like a traditional C and go to work. :pimp:

Last edited:
Duncan retires and Horse Mouth gets arrested for assault?

feels like my birthday :D

Let this be my Jerry springer 'final thot' for the day.

Tim Duncan is a great player. One of the best to ever do it. He played the majority of his career at the center position. Early on he split time between the 4 and 5, the data available shows that it was close to a 60/40 split. For his last 3 rings the data shows that he spent 50, 45, and 22% of his time at the power forward position during the playoffs. And now he's retired.

The end.

Last edited:
Tim Duncan never winning a DPOY despite being probably a top 5 defensive player all time will never stop being absurd.
@BenGolliver Across Tim Duncan Era, the Spurs had the NBA's best Defensive Rating (100.5). By a mile...

CnGpkiSVYAEURV7.jpg
@JADubin5 Also had six of the 15 best single-season defenses (adjusted to league avg) of the 3PT era

CnGq4T9UkAEMyw3.jpg
Not really sure who you take the DPOTY from during his time. Camby sticks out like a sore thumb though.

I'm not a Lakers fan, but he's as much a center as he is a power forward.

The label best PF of all time stuck and it's a better title than arguing his position amongst centers. It's not downplaying Duncan to call him a center,its just the facts.

He's played both, but everyone calls him a PF cause it's easier and sounds more impressive. Still one of he GOATs

I'm not a Lakers fan, but he's as much a center as he is a power forward.

The label best PF of all time stuck and it's a better title than arguing his position amongst centers. It's not downplaying Duncan to call him a center,its just the facts.

He's played both, but everyone calls him a PF cause it's easier and sounds more impressive. Still one of he GOATs
Bingo ...But I'm a Laker Fan tho

Shout out Tim Duncan. Incredible career. Much respect. Another bit of my childhood is gone. Feels.

Back
Top Bottom