2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Valentine, Valentine, or Valentine.
Totally agree. I however don't think Sabas Jr. or Ellenson make me say damn we missed out on them. As much as I'm down on the Thon pick

Valentine at 10 also seems like a reach but in the weak class it wouldn't have been

He was 2nd round in damn near every mock I've seen & report I've read based on questions about his age.

Chriss doesn't have that issue.

Damn near every mock I saw had Deyonta Davis as a lottery pick. I'm talking specifically about reports on his stock leading up to the draft. It was even posted in the draft thread by P-Matic (I think) about the consensus among GMs was that despite age controversy most teams had him first round on their boards.

Totally agree. I however don't think Sabas Jr. or Ellenson make me say damn we missed out on them. As much as I'm down on the Thon pick

Valentine at 10 also seems like a reach but in the weak class it wouldn't have been

I feel you but they didn't even have to pick those guys either, they just could've moved back and still picked Thon Almonte.

Pau Gasol to Spurs?
nerd.gif

Always thought Spurs are a perfect team for Pau
Been talks about it here and there. I really do wonder what Pau does... perhaps Memphis? I've been wanting to see this happen. Especially after experience he'll have with Marc this summer in the Olympics.. is Marc playing?
I feel you but they didn't even have to pick those guys either, they just could've moved back and still picked Thon Almonte.
Yeah I doubt many teams had Thon on their boards but who knows. Hammond def got enamored by the hoopstvmixtape

Last edited:
I don't think Marc is playing, my man had pretty serious foot surgery.
Ah damn, that sucks. Well Pau is most likely going for one last ring. Is he willing to come off the bench? idk... sometimes he has some diva moments, I could see him wanting to be in a bigger role even at his older age

Ah damn, that sucks. Well Pau is most likely going for one last ring. Is he willing to come off the bench? idk... sometimes he has some diva moments, I could see him wanting to be in a bigger role even at his older age

He does. Already stated he wanted a bigger role.

Marc was included on the 20 man roster. But yeah, how is he going to play when he had foot surgery in Feb?

I don't know how much of this is true, but Danny Ainge is a god damn lunatic.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/2...mors-what-was-offered-on-draft-night#comments
If Celtics general manager Danny Ainge, for example, proposed swapping Boston's No. 3 overall selection for Noel and the Sixers' top-3 protected 2017 Lakers pick (which would be unprotected in '18), as an NBA source heard happened, Colangelo had no choice but to decline. But he still needs to find a way to restore the roster balance.

Marc stayed playing through different injuries and ailments. Heavy minutes, too. Grizzlies kept talking about wanting to give him more rest yet never sat his *** down.

That foot **** was bound to happen.
mean.gif

NBA Moratorium was shortened to 5 days, so actually deals can be signed beginning July 6th. Guess they don't want any more DeAndre shenanigans.

Marc is a sneaky trade candidate this summer (Hi Danny Ainge) if Conley bounces Memphis.

KD staying in the west, where, don't know, but he's staying in the west. I'm for certain he's not going to LA unless he likes losing but getting paid big bucks.

He does. Already stated he wanted a bigger role.

Bruh is tripping then.

He's still one of the elite offensive big men in the league but he's an absolute turnstile on defense at this point.

He can't play the 4 anymore and isn't a good rim protector, that means he shouldn't be starting.

If Enes Kanter has to come off the bench, idk why late 30's Pau thinks he's still a starter.

Last edited:
Marc is a sneaky trade candidate this summer (Hi Danny Ainge) if Conley bounces Memphis.

I thought they might think about it too. But he did just sign that deal and wanted to stay.

But that team, idk what the identity is anymore.

KD staying in the west, where, don't know, but he's staying in the west. I'm for certain he's not going to LA unless he likes losing but getting paid big bucks.

He's not going to LA... So we agree..

But if KD were to go to LA... The idea that nobody else would go with him seems foolhardy.

Not a single other FA would see KD go to LA, and see that they still have $30mil + in cap space say nah no thanks? Every single good player would balk at it?

Let's just say it was Whiteside, KD.. They re-sign Clarkson... And clear space space for a Bazemore type.

That's a playoff team, and competing in those top 4 seeds.

But again, he's not going to LA..

And unless Westbrook leaves in 2017 which would change the dynamic, I am starting to think KD never leaves OKC

Last edited:
He's not going to LA... So we agree..

But if KD were to go to LA... The idea that nobody else would go with him seems foolhardy.

Not a single other FA would see KD go to LA, and see that they still have $30mil + in cap space, and every single good player would balk at it?

Let's just say it was Whiteside, KD.. They re-sign Clarkson... And clear space space for a Bazemore type.

That's a playoff team, and competing for a Top 4 spot.

But again, he's not going to LA..

And unless Westbrook leaves in 2017 which would change the dynamic, I am starting to think KD never leaves OKC

Feel the same way.

But something in me says Beastbrook is all about that shine. He is out of there first thing smoking to a big city.

Back
Top Bottom