Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
some of you lebron fans are worse than you know whos fans

You can't say the finals/playoffs are rigged and that the NBA lets certain teams win, then in the next breath judge a player by his finals record, good or bad.

That's just for the people who think it's rigged.

I don't think last year's series was rigged. I empathize with Draymond swinging at Bron in the moment.
He just rubbed his balls all over Dray's scalp so I get it, you're gonna be pissed.
But he put himself in the position to be suspended before that with his inability to control his emotions and body parts.

Steph did get some ticky tack fouls called on him that were sus but was just a drop in the ocean that was their meltdown.
Barnes being unable to hit a blue whale at point blank range/Bogut & Iggy dealing with injuries that crippled the Dubs defense >

the fact we been debating for awhile now in here how mj is the goat cuz he is 6-0 in the finals and lebron aint cuz hes lost 4 times in the finals and you wanna co sign that the finals shouldnt count towards goat status...

this guy
MJ is 6-0 in the scripted finals sounds stupid. So either his 6-0 status lends to the claim of his greatness or it means nothing because its scripted... Can't be both

You can't say the finals/playoffs are rigged and that the NBA lets certain teams win, then in the next breath judge a player by his finals record, good or bad.

the second three peat had afew games where the refs were heavily favoring the bulls opponents in calls.

the bulls overcame those games to win however

to a certain extent games are rigged to keep things close but if a team is great enough they will defeat an 8 on 5 situation

Last edited:
Lmao after last year you're literally blind if you telling me games are run fair and square.
Yeah, I had my doubts whether games were fixed or not, but after seeing the NBA allow Curry play in game 7 despite throwing a mouthpiece and hitting a fan's mouth with it, I'm starting to question it.

On the other hand, if the NBA is fixed, how is one to explain the year-in year-out suckage of the New York Knicks.

Scripted is a strong term that implies that winners are predetermined. I prefer influenced. 

For example last year Dubs vs Thunder in the regular season. That foul called on Iggy at the end to send him to the line.

Refs barely call that type of foul during the course of a game unless your name is Wade and almost never at the end.

It's sus that they did there and for Iggy too who doesn't really get that star treatment and is known to exaggerate.

They put him on the line, but he still had to make those free throws and Steph still had to hit that ridiculous 3 for them to win.

At the end of the day, no matter what the refs are doing you still gotta play the game.

Life aint fair so why would basketball be? You still gotta compete and you still gotta win. 

NBA didn't make Ewing miss that layup. NBA didn't make Kyrie hit that shot.

NBA wasn't making Barnes miss.
NBA didn't make Steph take a contested shot over love.
NBA didn't block Iggy's layup off the glass.
NBA didn't have Festus Ezeli checking Lebron in the clutch.

Agreed based. When I say scripted I don't mean everything is predetermined... Things are influenced heavily though when they shouldn't be but it is what it is. If it bothered me that much I wouldn't watch it at all. It's just entertainment

Last edited:
bs call on the warriors, Steph in particular. Calling little ticky tack fouls, he gets fouled out but they let the Cavs play rough.
Curry strips Kyrie clean, kyrie trips, after gets called a foul on steph. If you believe things are always straight up more power to you man. I don't though. The NBA did everything in its power to extend that series

Dray should of been suspended against okc but Gs needed. They let him play. Cavs are down and they suspended him. Yeah Draymond should of controlled himself but he should of been suspended both times.

Thank you. Clear as day. I barely watch the NBA anymore cuz it's wack. You can see teams out there trying to lose, refs cheating etc. it didn't start today but it's definitely more clear with social media able to look in on it.

I'm with you on that. I'm about to stop having debates on who's the goat all together or atleast using the finals to determine it because clearly there's something other than basketball going on.

Scripted is a strong term that implies that winners are predetermined. I prefer influenced. 
For example last year Dubs vs Thunder in the regular season. That foul called on Iggy at the end to send him to the line.
Refs barely call that type of foul during the course of a game unless your name is Wade and almost never at the end.
It's sus that they did there and for Iggy too who doesn't really get that star treatment and is known to exaggerate.
They put him on the line, but he still had to make those free throws and Steph still had to hit that ridiculous 3 for them to win.

At the end of the day, no matter what the refs are doing you still gotta play the game.
Life aint fair so why would basketball be? You still gotta compete and you still gotta win. 
NBA didn't make Ewing miss that layup. NBA didn't make Kyrie hit that shot.

Agreed. Influence is a good word.

Anyone remember when the bulls was up like 2-0(?) against the Cavs and the coach for the cavs called that illegal substitution but the ref acted like he ain't see it? :rofl: :rofl:

Lmaooo #TheInfluence !!!

I believe there's some scripting that goes on. Refs could've been instructed to help prolong a series that should've ended in 5. Game 6 was ref'd horribly. Game 7 was up for grabs.

Say what you want about the Cavs winning it or the Warriors losing it but there were some odd things that went down in that series.

In fact, a Game 5 in Oakland alone comes close to paying Steph Curry's salary for the entire 2016-17 season: $12.1 million. All told, sweeping the series in Cleveland and not returning twice to the Bay Area, as the Warriors did last year for Games 5 and 7, would cost the Warriors' ownership group more than $22 million.

However, ever since the NBA take of the tickets dropped from 45 percent to 25 percent after the 2015 season, the pain associated with a short series has gotten stronger. There's so much more to make if a series goes all the way.

meh. more to lose too. They want this to end as soon as possible. 22 mil aint nothing compared to the bread they can make in endorsements as 2 time champions. And 16-0 legendary champions is a moniker only they will hold if they manage to win. They gonna continue this revenge tour bro. 22 mil is a lot, but it's not the most

At the end of the day, if the Cavs starters cant run up a lead before they go to the bench they are screwed.  In both games the bench for the Warriors has run up a double digit lead when lebron goes out.  If the Cavs dont have  a cushion for that they dont stand a chance.  Cant afford 20 point swings in the 5 or so minutes that lebron sits.

But in EVERY NBA game there's calls that can be attributed to "being rigged" if you look at them from a certain point of view.

How do we feel about Human Error vs Crooked Refereeing

meh. more to lose too. They want this to end as soon as possible. 22 mil aint nothing compared to the bread they can make in endorsements as 2 time champions. And 16-0 legendary champions is a moniker only they will hold if they manage to win. They gonna continue this revenge tour bro. 22 mil is a lot, but it's not the most
Agreeeeed. Sweep the leg. 22 mil can be recouped. End it as quick as you can.

Lol. Bruh put on your big boy pants and think about it. Seriously are you really trying to say "it's just a coincidence" "they mess up all the time"

I know you want it to be real but you gotta wake up and smell the coffee. **** is a business before anything.

Nobody saying they have all the answers but there's enough facts on the table to conclude that there is somethign fishy that has been going on

But in EVERY NBA game there's calls that can be attributed to "being rigged" if you look at them from a certain point of view.

How do we feel about Human Error vs Crooked Refereeing
I feel things should be called upstairs, as in get refs automated .human error shouldn't be part of the equation with the technology we have available today. It's a cop out.
There should be more instant replay on many more things.. Games longer, they would call travels on every play etc etc is all bs. If things were called right players would adjust.

When the refs miss big calls they are acknowledged after the game. Why even acknowledge them after the fact. They should be acknowledged during the game when it happens. Not we are sorry we missed this call, to bad so sad.

I wish superstars didn't get calls and special treatment but the Nba is a business so we know being things straight up isn't going to happen

Last edited:
It going to be a scrappy Game 3 Victory GSW 125 CC 104

DUBS in 4! 
pimp.gif

I feel things should be called upstairs, as in get refs automated .human error shouldn't be part of the equation with the technology we have available today. It's a cop out.
There should be more instant replay on many more things.. Games longer, they would call travels on every play etc etc is all bs. If things were called right players would adjust.
I wish superstars didn't get calls and special treatment but the Nba is a business so we know being things straight up isn't going to happen
All i'm saying is, is that if you THINK team x is being cheated, then any calls against them which are a tiny bit questionable, you're going to attribute it to being "A fix."

So really what you think may be a fix, MAY BE a bias.

what are yall betting on? I'm placing my bets on everything. Some very favorable odds on quite a bit of stuff.

The reward for bron getting a triple dub is too juicy to pass up. He has to get one right?

All i'm saying is, is that if you THINK team x is being cheated, then any calls against them which are a tiny bit questionable, you're going to attribute it to being "A fix."

So really what you think may be a fix, MAY BE a bias.
or just plain ****** reffing.  We look at everything in slow motion and it is either an easy call or no call, but these guys are looking at stuff in real time with some of the fastest athletes in the world.  People should try reffing a game, it is hard as ****.  I was calling a AAU game and I had god damn parents yelling at me and stuff.  Not to mention it is real hard not to get caught up by the crown when they are yelling obscenities in your face.  Basketball has to be the hardest sport to call there is.

Last edited:
what are yall betting on? I'm placing my bets on everything. Some very favorable odds on quite a bit of stuff.

The reward for bron getting a triple dub is too juicy to pass up. He has to get one right?

He is getting one. Lebron is a smart person.

Even if he loses, and avgs a Triple Dbl. That is something he can fall back on.

Tim Donaghy blew the whistle about how vegas, refs, players, coaches, etc., all play a role in "influencing" games and people still doubt...thanks to the NBA doing everything they could to make it appear as if he was an isolated case and a cheat who's word should be taken for granted.

Like mentioned earlier, the word scripted suggests they're playing choreographed basketball which we obviously know is false. However, it doesn't have to be. All it takes is a few "mishaps" here and there to swing a few points here and there.

For all the sports betting heads in here, how many times have you seen a spread covered or blown with a meaningless basket in the closing seconds of a game that's already been decided? That **** ain't random.

So yes, it's real basketball being played...but there is also so funny **** takes place that can't just be chalked up to a ref making "mistakes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom