• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the past 4 years...Steph Curry has vaulted himself into the 2nd best PG of all time convo.

Got damn man. His run is CRAZY. I don't think people understand just how great he's been since 2013.
He's already second to me.

I said he would be a HoFer and everyone laughed
I 'memba.

I thought your declaration was a bit premature myself, but you were just ahead of the curve.

Props for recognizing greatness early.

Dude has averaged 8+ assists once in his career yet is already the 2nd best ever. I assume they're talking about a traditional PG. I don't know. I'm not trying to get baited in all these hot takes. Let them cook in this Dubs circlejerk :lol:

So all you have to do is average over 8apg to be considered one of the best pgs? Got it.

Kendall Marshall and Grevis Vasquez knocking on that top 10 door.

Not like leading your team to 2 Chips, winning 2 mvps....while being one of the most efficient players of all time and destroying multiple records (team and individual) along the way count for anything.

But averaging 8+ assist per game matters because....Raw numbers :lol:

Last edited:
Low key, he had one of the greatest playoff runs of all time just now.

28ppg
7apg
6rpg
2spg

48/42/90

Played every game....16-1. Almost averaged a triple double in the finals. We going to have to talk about how great dude really is sometime soon. I thought Chris Paul was the greatest point guard I've ever seen (and he was)....but Steph somehow surpassed that level..... unconventionally and outta nowhere.
While being doubled and trapped as the defense's primary concern, 

Dude has averaged 8+ assists once in his career yet is already the 2nd best ever. I assume they're talking about a traditional PG. I don't know. I'm not trying to get baited in all these hot takes. Let them cook in this Dubs circlejerk :lol:

So all you have to do is average over 8apg to be considered one of the best pgs? Got it.

Kendall Marshall and Grevis Vasquez knocking on that top 10 door.

Not like leading your team to 2 Chips, winning 2 mvps....while being one of the most efficient players of all time and destroying multiple records (team and individual) along the way count for anything.

But averaging 8+ assist per game matters because....Raw numbers :lol:
While getting a late start to his career because the great Keith Smart would yank him every time he made a decision he considered bad.

Mark Jackson doesn't get enough credit. He saw the vision too, he took the chains off Curry from day one.

Last edited:
Imagine sacrificing millions of dollars for a ring that is meaningless

For a ring that is meaningless? I can't tell if that was a serious answers. So you are basically saying that championship rings are meaningless? Does that include all sports too like the super bowl ring, World Series rings, etc.? :lol:

I would say the inverse about Isiah Thomas.

Steve Nash is third in my book. After that things become a wash.

Last edited:
Isiah Thomas is underrated.

him and john stockton stay getting overlooked in PG conversations.

but i mean, can we really be surprised that a bunch of 20 and early 30 year olds are forgetting about PGs who peaked between the late 80s and mid 90s?

Last edited:

but i mean, can we really be surprised that a bunch of 20 and early 30 year olds are overlooking PGs who peaked between the late 80s and mid 90s?
That's why you study the history of the game to get a better grasp so you don't end up awwsomeing everything and thinking everything that is hot now is the best. My dad was a huge Pistons fan (lived in Detroit) and he's the one who introduced me to the game and actually got me onto the Lakers cause watching them VHS tapes and see how much of a savage Zeke was as well as how great Magic was. 

Last edited:

but i mean, can we really be surprised that a bunch of 20 and early 30 year olds are overlooking PGs who peaked between the late 80s and mid 90s?
That's why you study the history of the game to get a better grasp so you don't end up awwsomeing everything and thinking everything that is hot now is the best. My dad was a huge Pistons fan (lived in Detroit) and he's the one who introduced me to the game and actually got me onto the Lakers cause watching them VHS tapes and see how much of a savage Zeke was as well as how great Magic was. 

:lol:

SHOTSFIREDOUT!

damn blud, recording NBA games on VHS? i wish my pops shared that kind of passion for sports. that man absolutely hated that i'd spend my entire weekends either watching or playing basketball.

Last edited:
:lol:

SHOTSFIREDOUT!

damn blud, recording NBA games on VHS? i wish my pops shared that kind of passion for sports. that man absolutely hated that i'd spend my entire weekends either watching or playing basketball.

My mom had MJ bulls playoff games on vhs. Grew up watching those more than current basketball til damn near mid-2000s :lol:

Strictly as a player and ingnoring team accomplishments, Kevin Johnson was better than Zeke

Last edited:
My earliest memories are also watching 84' NBA Playoffs with the Boston and Lakers on those 8 HR VHS Recording Tapes..

Favorite NBA Video growing up though was the 93' Bulls Three Peat Video

Used to blast some Penny Ford and play b-ball in the backyard all day back in the Nine-Four' 
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom