• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a testament to Kerr's coaching and the entire staff honestly that everything continues to run so smoothly with him gone.

Dubs still play the same style of basketball he brought with him. If Pop got injured you think the spurs would just turn into trash? 

Nah, he and the entire coaching staff drilled into the players what to do throughout a game. Also the dubs have great players
laugh.gif

Although it's the regular season. After watching the two games they played this year.

If the Cavs don't fix their defensive coverages and issues than they stand no chance. NONE. Series will be done in 4 or 5.

The cavs have to figure out how to slow golden state down and than offensively play off mismatches and let kyrie or lebron go to work.

But it still comes down to how the cavs guard the warriors and can they control the glass again.

If not this series will be over quickly.

I was once one of the best Lebron haters on NT. I have now seen the light along with the chewed up hairline and behind it stands NBA history. Lebron still hasn't turned everybody around but this is the finals where if the Cavs win, Lebron will have to be in your top 5. It's unquestionable.

I give Lue his credit for maxing out that team. When Blatt was there they still had obvious chemistry issues and played too slow. Once Lue took over they started playing faster and clicked. And you can tell Lue has Lebron respect, he be out there checking him every now and then. Blatt used to look at him like a kid scared to ask to go outside.

I was once one of the best Lebron haters on NT. I have now seen the light along with the chewed up hairline and behind it stands NBA history. Lebron still hasn't turned everybody around but this is the finals where if the Cavs win, Lebron will have to be in your top 5. It's unquestionable.

this
still am a hater, but he is allowed at the table for last supper with MJ

Last edited:
I wasn't the biggest bron fan, but yea. Dude a monster.

I'm more impressed in 15 when he was carrying those bums when Ky and Love were out.

Last year he had them and they played great while J. R was awesome as well.

This year I would think Dubs want that revenge and are hungry. Too it off with KD. Should be easy W.

I think it's a testament to Kerr's coaching and the entire staff honestly that everything continues to run so smoothly with him gone.
Dubs still play the same style of basketball he brought with him. If Pop got injured you think the spurs would just turn into trash? 
Nah, he and the entire coaching staff drilled into the players what to do throughout a game. Also the dubs have great players :lol:  

Pop isn't in the Finals. Please take that to the other thread.

I'm just hoping the Cavs win in a very controversial manner.

Players still have to go out and execute true but without the coaching staff this ninjas would still be playing streetball

KgWjxsgA4zC36.webp

What it comes down to is where you fall when it comes to say:

Did you think Del Negro should have been fired?
Did you think Mark Jackson should have been fired?

Did you think Mike Brown should have been fired (first time in CLE)?
Did you think Scotty Brooks should have been fired?

Did you think Kevin McHale should have been fired?

When you say "coaching is overrated" that doesn't really sum up what you might think of specific scenarios and circumstances 

Last edited:
its not a coincidence that most of the people who are regarded as the best coaches of all time, had most of the greatest players of all time. 

coaching is so overrated. talent trumps all. is coaching irrelevant ? no . managing ego and the other things they do are important. is it as important as people think it is. no. therefore , overrated. 

doc hasnt done a better job then del negro. they in the same position . 

doc was buns on the magic. (yea i know he won coy ) he was still buns and got fired.

then he gets the big 3 in boston and turns into a great head coach. back with the clippers and hes not that good anymore. 

Last edited:
Quote:

What it comes down to is where you fall when it comes to say:

Did you think Del Negro should have been fired?
Did you think Mark Jackson should have been fired?

Did you think Mike Brown should have been fired (first time in CLE)?
Did you think Scotty Brooks should have been fired?

Did you think Kevin McHale should have been fired?

When you say "coaching is overrated" that doesn't really sum up what you might think of specific scenarios and circumstances 
If you're an intricate basketball fan, then I can understand why some of these coaches were fired.

For instance, The Scotty Brooks / Vinny Del Negro joint is a prime example.

On the surface, coaching is a result - based business and thus far, Doc and Billy haven't gone further than Scott and Vinny but as an intricate basketball fan, you can see the difference, at least I can, especially with the clippers. The offensive sophistication with LAC with Doc instead of Vinny has been world's different. Peak thunder last year under Billy were incredible. However, coaching is a results based business and that's why I say coaching is overrated because in relation to outcomes, that will largely be determined by injury, circumstance, and overall talent.

But in regards to your initial post, if you're using coaching as a results based thing, then none of these coaches should have been fired tbh. Maybe Mark, maybe. But that's it.

Last edited:

Doc Rivers sucks
He really doesn't suck at all, especially if we're using results. At least with LAC he hasn't sucked. That's an extreme that I think even you would admit is a bit harsh.

He coached the Clippers to 50 plus wins this year in the west with BOTH blake and CP missing 20+ games this year. Again, if coaching is results based, then how is that the performance of a coach who sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom