2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron playing 46 mpg isn't a big deal when you're guarding Norman Powell and Monta Ellis.

But he's going to have to guard someone against GSW

Kyrie has very quietly been subpar. Worst playoff run of his career. Shooting below 40% from the floor, below 30% from 3.

He just doesn't have it right now. It's been glossed over because LeBron has been playing 46 mpg. That's not gonna be sustainable in the finals, they're gonna take some Ls.

Goes without saying that if he can't keep up with Steph, it's a probable sweep.

What makes you think the bolded is true? He's been resting since all star break.
How has he been resting since the all star break when he led the league in mpg after that point and was only sitting out 1-2 games per month?

His mins are only fine now because he gets a week off immediately afterwards.

If Golden State also sweeps, then you're asking him to play almost entire playoff games for two consecutive weeks without a drop off in play. I don't think that's realistic.

Not even considering that its not realistic to ask him to defend the Warriors offense with Durant now instead of Barnes and run the Cavs offense for 45 mins each night with zero drop off.

Last edited:
GS has as much of a if not easier path to the Finals as Bron each yr. Can't be but so hard when you play injuried teams every series.

easier path? have you not watched the warriors prior to their past two finals' runs? this team got eliminated by the spurs and then the clippers in consecutive years. in the season they beat the cavs, they were down 2-1 to Memphis and folk here were saying it was over because they had no answer for marc and zbo. not to mention being down to the cavs 2-1 in the finals. like my boy zaza said, nothing easy.

and stop with that whole "other team was injured" bs. you act like the warriors ain't played thru injuries during the playoffs. kawhi being out has a significant impact on this series so fans like you can *****, pout and put all the asterisks on it as you want, but that won't change the outcome

Idk about Pop but if i am him shooting up Kawhi with some injections pills and some monsters solution for gm 3...cant go down 0-3

But kd did his thing 1st time in the finals. If he average that 30 piece on shump head because we know who's not going to guard him, they can take that trophy home.

easier path? have you not watched the warriors prior to their past two finals' runs? this team got eliminated by the spurs and then the clippers in consecutive years. in the season they beat the cavs, they were down 2-1 to Memphis and folk here were saying it was over because they had no answer for marc and zbo. not to mention being down to the cavs 2-1 in the finals. like my boy zaza said, nothing easy.

and stop with that whole "other team was injured" bs. you act like the warriors ain't played thru injuries during the playoffs. kawhi being out has a significant impact on this series so fans like you can *****, pout and put all the asterisks on it as you want, but that won't change the outcome

Triggered

Just know the ridiculousness of the posters in this thread is appreciated...[emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:

Triggered

Silenced... see how corny these types of responses are? i hope you don't interact with people like that in real life breh

Last edited:
How has he been resting since the all star break when he led the league in mpg after that point and was only sitting out 1-2 games per month?

Even though he led the league in min and put up good numbers I personally think he was just coasting. I could be wrong but I think he doesn't play hard with maximum effort until the playoffs, he's so good that he can just go through the motions and get by.

I do agree with the other stuff you wrote about his minutes meaning more against GS since he will have to work harder, but I still think he will freelance on defense most of the time.

Last edited:
"triggered"?
roll.gif

we got 4-chan / alt-right in here now.

mean.gif
Somebody gotta block these idiots, man.  We don't need that here.  

need to see my dude do this in the finals. I need him to be finals mvp.

Would be nice to not have KD get FMVP. Would be nice to see Steph not get FMVP again. Would be best to see neither get it. I'm rooting for Dray, Klay or Dre if the Cavs can't pull it off again. Feel sick to my stomach just typing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom