2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add on that the Spurs aren't a good high pick and roll team either. So bad that teams can even go under the screens, which is something I never thought was a good look with Tony Parker because even if you are trying to play for the jumper you just give the guy way more room to build up momentum.

But no good PnR hinders Aldridge. When Green is in they need to post him up, and when it's Randolph they need to draw him out and force him to defend in space.

I'd like to see Davis Bertans get more run and Simmons needs to absorb all of Kyle's minutes.

donovan and hoiberg are such awful coaches
mean.gif

how long is sam presti gonna live off his drafting from 5+ years ago?
Why is Donovan a bad coach?

If Memphis was being coached by mchale you can bank on it happening again

LMA struggles have a lot to do with his matchup against Zbo. Something I called out a little earlier.

It was the same thing a few years ago when we matched up against Portland in the 1st round. LMA had his scoring bursts, but he was inefficient as hell shoting like 30% from the field.

LMA is the perfect matchup for Zbo in this series.

To add on that the Spurs aren't a good high pick and roll team either. So bad that teams can even go under the screens, which is something I never thought was a good look with Tony Parker because even if you are trying to play for the jumper you just give the guy way more room to build up momentum.

But no good PnR hinders Aldridge. When Green is in they need to post him up, and when it's Randolph they need to draw him out and force him to defend in space.

I'd like to see Davis Bertans get more run and Simmons needs to absorb all of Kyle's minutes.

This is why I thought you guys would be a good matchup despite our terrible wing play.

Plus considering you guys have terrible wing play as well, its a match made in heaven if we had to play one of the top seeds. Its hard to even argue that Green, Anderson, Manu, Parker, Pau and Patty have been much better than Harrison, Ennis, Selden, Daniels, VC and Jamychal. Zbo mitigates LMA.

Last edited:
If Memphis was being coached by mchale you can bank on it happening again

LMA struggles have a lot to do with his matchup against Zbo. Something I called out a little earlier.

It was the same thing a few years ago when we matched up against Portland in the 1st round. LMA had his scoring bursts, but he was inefficient as hell shoting like 30% from the field.

LMA is the perfect matchup for Zbo in this series.
See I look at it the other way. Bring Zbo out in space and what is he gonna do?

Steph, who was definitely the only player on his team to crack 20ppg, while being his elite shooting self and getting 0 suspensions for kicking people in the nuts, was the reason :lol: Him and him alone. Not like Bron and Kyrie reached their final forms and were both averaging like 30ppg while Bron also lead in pretty much every other statistical category for both teams. It was all Steph :lol: This Steph is trash in the finals myth gotta end. At least on NT :lol:  

Man that dude disappeared for long stretches in those finals games. At times you forgot he was even on the floor. He played like trash, it is what it is.

Everyone getting exposed in these playoffs.

LMA is a bum.
CP3 letting Joe Johnson and Rodney Hood do them in.
IT isn't better then advanced age Rondo.
Jimmy Butler isn't a star.
Spurs outside of Kawhi (real MVP) are trash.
PG13 isn't a clutch guy.
Brad Beal stinking up the playoffs building houses.
Any coach can win with the Warriors.
Blake is damaged goods.
Lowry is playoff trash.
Russ is the empty stat God.
Milsap is a baby of cry.

"Baby of cry" :lol:

Last edited:
See I look at it the other way. Bring Zbo out in space and what is he gonna do?

Aldridge just isn't that mobile to hurt Zbo whether its the pick n roll or pick n pop.

Now, David Lee can. That's why you guys got off to such a fast start in Game 4. You basically brought Zach out damn near halfcourt with TP and Lee and he struggled to keep up. If Dedmon is going back into the starting lineup, that slows everything down again. I'm not really sure if Pop is going to roll with Game 4's starting lineup or not, but there was literally no paint protection without Dedmon.

Either you guys are going to have to go small with Kawhi at the 4 or play Bertans more to stretch the floor.

Elite level pick n roll teams hurt Memphis the most (at least this season it has). That's why Houston was the worst matchup. Maybe if we can win the series and TA is back healthy, it can be mitigated somehow. But, with our current group of wings? I feel like Houston would eat us alive. Jamychal Green would become that much more important.

Last edited:

donovan and hoiberg are such awful coaches
mean.gif

how long is sam presti gonna live off his drafting from 5+ years ago?
Why is Donovan a bad coach?
Rotations have been piss poor.

Also, keeping Roberson in after seeing Houston foul him every time down the floor was inexcusable.
Serious question:

Does Roberson's defensive prowess outweigh his offensive deficiencies at the end of close games? 

Serious question:

Does Roberson's defensive prowess outweigh his offensive deficiencies at the end of close games? 

Were you not watching yesterday? Or this entire series. Part of the reason Russ is struggling down the stretch is he's out there and they literally don't guard him at all. 4 on 5 in offense. There was ample opportunity to do offensive/defensive subs but Billy refused to do so.

Last edited:
Wizards have to make a statement that they aren't just another Eastern Conference playoff team and win tonight.

@DCAllAmerican better pray Wall gets hurt because he is gonna kill IT in round 2.

Bulls had there chance. It's over. Unfortunately for them Jimmy isn't a star player. Can't get his team a home win. Good luck going forward with Jim as your best player.

Last edited:

Serious question:

Were you not watching yesterday?
I was, it was terrible, and I made my opinion on it clear during the game, but I want everyone's opinion.
Wizards have to make a statement that they aren't just another Eastern Conference playoff team and win tonight.

@DCAllAmerican better pray Wall gets hurt because he is gonna kill IT in round 2.

Bulls had there chance. It's over. Unfortunately for them Jimmy isn't a star player. Can't get his team a home win. Good luck going forward with Jim as your best player.
Never thought rondo getting injured would actually be good for the Celtics 
laugh.gif

Close game inside of 2 minutes, as long as you don't pass Roberson the ball then the answer is yes.

Even if he doesn't get the ball they can always foul him while he's setting a screen. He basically has to be out around the 3 point line which invites whoevers guarding him to just zone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom