2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

so sicc. remind me of lebron vs detroit

Death taxes and joe johnson floaters. Clippers elite perimeter defender Luc mah boute got lit on fire by a guy that wouldn't get picked up at 24 hour fitness on sunday morning. Not only that but neither hayward or gobert were on the floor down the stretch as the jazz demolished them. It's time to break up the clips like pusha t. Stick several forks in em

Last edited:
Were you not watching yesterday? Or this entire series. Part of the reason Russ is struggling down the stretch is he's out there and they literally don't guard him at all. 4 on 5 in offense. There was ample opportunity to do offensive/defensive subs but Billy refused to do so.

So what are the other reasons for his struggles? Apparently it's never his fault right?

So what are the other reasons for his struggles? Apparently it's never his fault right?

Shot selection
Fatigue
Settling
Not having outlets
Victim of his own regular season brilliance/extreme usage down the stretch.

Y'all want it to be one way but it's the other way.

Last edited:
bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 Kawhi at the 4 lol. Pop refuses to do it and idk why.

Kawhi at the 4 will completely take Zbo out of the game.

Match Kawhi up against Marc like GSW did a few years ago with Draymond. Marc just isn't going to dominate the matchup like he should.

It seems like Pop is married to his vets, though. Parker actually isn't having too bad of a series offensively, but his defense is atrocious. Manu is non existent. Memphis is giving him the Tony Allen treatment. I keep thinking he's going to break out of his slump, though. Maybe Game 5 is that game.

You don't get it. There's some sentiment that Russ is being absolved of all blame which isn't the case at all.
Isn't shot selection again his fault ? Like going for wild threes praying for a call I also his teammates fault he played poor in the second half

Rotations have been piss poor.

Also, keeping Roberson in after seeing Houston foul him every time down the floor was inexcusable.
I'm not sure there is an easy answer of a "correct" rotation this series.  I agree about Roberson.  He should have pulled the plug much faster.  

bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 Kawhi at the 4 lol. Pop refuses to do it and idk why.

Kawhi at the 4 will completely take Zbo out of the game.

Match Kawhi up against Marc like GSW did a few years ago with Draymond. Marc just isn't going to dominate the matchup like he should.

It seems like Pop is married to his vets, though. Parker actually isn't having too bad of a series offensively, but his defense is atrocious. Manu is non existent. Memphis is giving him the Tony Allen treatment. I keep thinking he's going to break out of his slump, though. Maybe Game 5 is that game.
Manu is due for one.

I honestly wouldn't care if Murray started and Tony just had his minutes peeled back, and in close games Tony shouldn't be out there at all.

Another issue is the defense from the bigs and for this I was victim of the regular season. Gasol and Lee look helpless out there, especially my guy David Lee. It's Knicks Lee all over again.

Steph, who was definitely the only player on his team to crack 20ppg, while being his elite shooting self and getting 0 suspensions for kicking people in the nuts, was the reason 
laugh.gif
Him and him alone. Not like Bron and Kyrie reached their final forms and were both averaging like 30ppg while Bron also lead in pretty much every other statistical category for both teams. It was all Steph
laugh.gif
This Steph is trash in the finals myth gotta end. At least on NT 
laugh.gif

Man that dude disappeared for long stretches in those finals games. At times you forgot he was even on the floor. He played like trash, it is what it is.

Man this ain't no myth. In the first finals he got huge points when the game was already in hand but never when it mattered and had problems with Delly for two games. And in last years finals he got progressively worse game by game culminating in a behind the back pass that all but sealed the loss and then got locked down by Love in the final minute. Dude was barely average in the finals.

You don't get it. There's some sentiment that Russ is being absolved of all blame which isn't the case at all.

We get it. I was just asking since every time you post something it's about Russ not doing anything wrong and it's on everyone else but him. But some of the blame is on him which you mentioned so you're finally getting it.

We get it. I was just asking since every time you post something it's about Russ not doing anything wrong and it's on everyone else but him. But some of the blame is on him which you mentioned so you're finally getting it.

Wrong again. Y'all see what y'all want to see. There is no finally getting it.

The thing is people have agreed over and over that OKC's team isn't that good (especially on offense) and therefore Westbrook is being asked to do too much.

It's just that this doesn't absolve him of playing poorly at times AND he's shown that there's a good Russ (involves his teammates, shoots efficiently, lifts the team to early leads) and a bad Russ (takes horrible shots, stops passing, has atrocious 4th quarters leading to collapses).  So by definition he could be playing a lot better for 4 quarters and giving his team a better chance to win.

That's all.

Russ averaging 6to's shooting 35% or something, king of 4th quarter collapses even the game they won he was bricking free throws and yet he can't do anything wrong there really isn't any point in discussing after that

Name ONE person who said he hasn't done anything wrong? Y'all chasing ghosts outchea.

No field goal attempts for Adams in the 4th. Granted they lost a lot of possessions when Roberson was being fouled. But still.

2 attempts for Oladipo in the 4th

The narrative surrounding Stephs 2015 NBA Finals is crazy.

Guy finished that series with 26-6-5 on 44-39-89 and the last three games he averaged 24-5-6 on almost 50-40-90.

He was balling that series.

Russ just needs to make better decisions picking his spots in the 4th to take over. He can't go into every 4th quarter thinking he's got to do absolutely everything. It never worked for Mike in the early days. It never worked for Lebron in the early days. It never worked for Kobe when he did that. For them to get over the hump and actually get a ring they had to rely on the team and picks the right spots to be selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom