2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6 games when you weren't charged though? I'm not saying he shouldn't be suspended but 6 games when you weren't arrested and charges weren't filed is bull****. It's a clear abuse of power. Clear cut evidence that the accuser is lying and you still get 6 games? It's damage control for how poorly they handled the Ray Rice situation and all the controversy it caused. The NFLPA is weak *** **** too.

Well considering it was 6 games or 0 as the league policy is a minimum 6 games now.

I'm assuming they have more evidence than the one text message string you posted above.

6 games when you weren't charged though? I'm not saying he shouldn't be suspended but 6 games when you weren't arrested and charges weren't filed is bull****. It's a clear abuse of power. Clear cut evidence that the accuser is lying and you still get 6 games? It's damage control for how poorly they handled the Ray Rice situation and all the controversy it caused. The NFLPA is weak *** **** too.

As a Cowboy fan this sucks. Still knew it was a possibility though with how bad Goodell is with punishment.

Well considering it was 6 games or 0 as the league policy is a minimum 6 games now.

I'm assuming they have more evidence than the one text message string you posted above.

I'm not buying the DV reasoning. The league is masking it behind that but I think it's for Zeke's behavior in general, which is why the 6 games will probably get reduced. Either way it's bull**** though. Players, owners, and fans should be worried. Pac and Tyson served prison sentences for **** like this.

I'm not buying the DV reasoning. The league is masking it behind that but I think it's for Zeke's behavior in general, which is why the 6 games will probably get reduced. Either way it's bull**** though. Players, owners, and fans should be worried.

ESPN is saying that the other two incidents had nothing to do with it, but ESPN sucks so that could very well be wrong.

:lol: at you dudes saying this is a complete witch hunt. Where have you been the last year?

This scumbag has a penchant for poor decision making. Put your pitchforks down.

Goddell is a terrible commish
Every case he has dealt with has always been the wrong decision

Why do the owners employ this clown

ESPN is saying that the other two incidents had nothing to do with it, but ESPN sucks so that could very well be wrong.

Almost positive it's a cumulative effect. It's like in court when the judge tells you to disregard the previous statement but you already heard it.

**** the NFL with the Keap ish and now Zeke m done with the NFL this season. I may see y'all next year. I don't think he hit that thot,but Jerry needs to really reconsider drafting all these talented dudes with character issues. The talent ain't worth th draft pick if they can't stay on the field because they're always suspended. Zeke's dad said he was worried about Zeke's judgement when he was drafted. Jerry needs to get him a baby sitter like Dez had his early years in the league.

I thought Elliott nneeded to be suspended to wake him up. 6 games is a little much. I thought 4 games would've been good. I aint mad tho

Almost positive it's a cumulative effect. It's like in court when the judge tells you to disregard the previous statement but you already heard it.

I'm just going by what ESPN is reporting:

"Before disciplining Elliott, the NFL considered the domestic violence allegations from February and July 2016, as well as the St. Patrick's Day incident in which he pulled down a woman's shirt, though that did not factor into the league's decision on discipline."

tenor.gif

Anyone seen Roger?

Tell your grandfather to chill with these suspensions. It's one thing when it's a convicted cheater, it's another when it's all hearsay.

:rofl:

it is funny to see people change their tune and flip flop about Goodell and the league office depending on how it affects their team

I'm just going by what ESPN is reporting:

"Before disciplining Elliott, the NFL considered the domestic violence allegations from February and July 2016, as well as the St. Patrick's Day incident in which he pulled down a woman's shirt, though that did not factor into the league's decision on discipline."

I understand that, but the actual likelihood it wasn't taken into account is slim. Otherwise the amount of games doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom