2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it... but he's 12 and I knew what he meant.
As did you bruv.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-colin-kaepernick-as-jameis-winston-backup/

Deferring to others the question of whether Colin Kaepernick and his 16 touchdown passes against four interceptions with 11 starts would have been a better choice for the Buccaneers than Ryan Fitzpatrick’s 12 touchdown passes against 17 interceptions with 11 starts, the question for now is whether the Buccaneers actively considered both players before signing Fitzpatrick. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, they did not.

And so the reported one-year, $3 million deal between the Bucs and the former Jets starter happened without Tampa Bay negotiating with Kaepernick as an alternative to Fitzpatrick, at $3 million or maybe even less. It’s for the Buccaneers to explain why they deemed Fitzpatrick to be a more desirable understudy to Winston than Kaepernick. A persuasive case could be made for either guy, depending on what the Buccaneers were looking for.

If the Bucs wanted to find a mentor for Winston, Fitzpatrick makes more sense. If the Bucs wanted a guy who will be in the best position to help the Bucs win games if Winston is hurt, Kaepernick may have made more sense.

Regardless, the Buccaneers made their choice without even using Kaepernick as leverage against Fitzpatrick.

Now tell me Kaep ain't being blackballed!

A mentor for a a guy who is entering his 3rd season and has started every possible game? They sure weren't thinking about a mentor when they offered $8 Millon a year to the less experienced Mike Glennon; a guy who has PLAYED in 7 fewer games than Jameis, ONLY 4 years older, and who has NEVER won ANYTHING?

BUT, BUT, BUT.... It's about fit........ Hell even PFT knows Kaep is better and more experienced that Fitztragic and Glennon.

.....And what exactly can Fitz "teach" Jameis? If I throw more interceptions, Imma make it look sexy *Kendrick voice*....

If ANYTHING, Jameis & Kaep have both faced off-field criticisms and he could benefit from the adversity Kaep has endured.

You're so ******* delusional you're not even worthy of a real response. "It's for the Bucs to explain why Fitzpatrick was more worthy than Kaep of their backup position".....get the **** outta here. Fitz is the perfect backup to Jameis and I had been preaching to sign him all summer.

As I said...the year before last Fitz was busy leading his team to a 10-6 record throwing for 4,000 yards and 31 TD's while Kaep was busy getting benched for Gabbert by Tomsula. You dudes are legitimately preaching about Kaep's 16 TD's in 11 god damn games where he won 1 total game as the reason he needs to be signed. Do you not see a problem with that....? All of you are letting your emotions take ahold of your actual opinion in this case. Stop ******* crying about this dude whose style of play fits on only a select few teams and one of them has already publicly expressed their interest.

ive never deadlifted because ive always been afraid of ******* my back up. But it also seems like its the best back workout there is.

**** rodney harrison, HGH using, egotistical **** head.

**** tedy bruschi, **** Ty law, **** their best RB ever BenJarvis Green Ellis, **** boston

giphy.gif

Last edited:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...er-colin-kaepernick-as-jameis-winston-backup/

Deferring to others the question of whether Colin Kaepernick and his 16 touchdown passes against four interceptions with 11 starts would have been a better choice for the Buccaneers than Ryan Fitzpatrick’s 12 touchdown passes against 17 interceptions with 11 starts, the question for now is whether the Buccaneers actively considered both players before signing Fitzpatrick. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, they did not.

And so the reported one-year, $3 million deal between the Bucs and the former Jets starter happened without Tampa Bay negotiating with Kaepernick as an alternative to Fitzpatrick, at $3 million or maybe even less. It’s for the Buccaneers to explain why they deemed Fitzpatrick to be a more desirable understudy to Winston than Kaepernick. A persuasive case could be made for either guy, depending on what the Buccaneers were looking for.

If the Bucs wanted to find a mentor for Winston, Fitzpatrick makes more sense. If the Bucs wanted a guy who will be in the best position to help the Bucs win games if Winston is hurt, Kaepernick may have made more sense.

Regardless, the Buccaneers made their choice without even using Kaepernick as leverage against Fitzpatrick.

Now tell me Kaep ain't being blackballed!

A mentor for a a guy who is entering his 3rd season and has started every possible game? They sure weren't thinking about a mentor when they offered $8 Millon a year to the less experienced Mike Glennon; a guy who has PLAYED in 7 fewer games than Jameis, ONLY 4 years older, and who has NEVER won ANYTHING?

BUT, BUT, BUT.... It's about fit........ Hell even PFT knows Kaep is better and more experienced that Fitztragic and Glennon.

.....And what exactly can Fitz "teach" Jameis? If I throw more interceptions, Imma make it look sexy *Kendrick voice*....

If ANYTHING, Jameis & Kaep have both faced off-field criticisms and he could benefit from the adversity Kaep has endured.

You're so ******* delusional you're not even worthy of a real response. "It's for the Bucs to explain why Fitzpatrick was more worthy than Kaep of their backup position".....get the **** outta here. Fitz is the perfect backup to Jameis and I had been preaching to sign him all summer.

As I said...the year before last Fitz was busy leading his team to a 10-6 record throwing for 4,000 yards and 31 TD's while Kaep was busy getting benched for Gabbert by Tomsula. You dudes are legitimately preaching about Kaep's 16 TD's in 11 god damn games where he won 1 total game as the reason he needs to be signed. Do you not see a problem with that....? All of you are letting your emotions take ahold of your actual opinion in this case. Stop ******* crying about this dude whose style of play fits on only a select few teams and one of them has already publicly expressed their interest.

Says I'm not worthy of a response and gives me 2 full paragraphs hours after my post :lol:

Calm down Whitlock. I promise Kaep or Fitzpatrick won't keep you from making fantasy football playoffs.... or give the Bucs to a chance to make them....

Last edited:
ive never deadlifted because ive always been afraid of ******* my back up. But it also seems like its the best back workout there is.

Go super duper light and get that technique down first.. could screw your back up quick

That's why a ton of crossfit folks get hurt.. focused primarily on speed and technique goes out the window

Says I'm not worthy of a response and gives me 2 full paragraphs hours after my post :lol:

You're really not.

But as I've proved to you before your dumb ignorant *** has no response when I bring up facts. All you speak with is your emotions. You and Ballerific speak about Kaep like he's your inspiration for all you do in life when one year ago today you gave zerooooo ***** about this dude.

Why is it so hard to understand that people have a newfound respect for kaepernick, for standing up for issues that negatively impact the disenfranchised 

I didn't give a damn about Michael Bennett before reading about the hard work he does for our communities.. 

perspectives change b

Another NBA game I'm glad I'm not watching.. even clearing the notifications on my phone feel like a bother

Changing perspective of Kaep as a person and standing up for what he's done for society / communities is certainly warranted.

My hang up is that this board clowned him so hard for being bad at football a year ago. His name was Sackorpick and this board ate it up. Having a newfound respect for Kaep as a person doesnt have anything to do with football. Him being a good person doesnt make him a better football player.

^ jokes are jokes.. but obviously dude still deserves to be in the league

We clowned other dudes relentlessly too.. and they got jobs

I keep saying KC, cause dude needs to sit and learn.. like Reid did with Vick

Last edited:
I think he deserves to be in the league too. But people are demanding that he starts and gets paid as such because of something that has nothing to do with playing football.

The fact of the matter is i dont think any of us know what he's looking for with his role and his salary so its muddying the waters.

Last edited:
My hang up is that this board clowned him so hard for being bad at football a year ago. His name was Sackorpick and this board ate it up. Having a newfound respect for Kaep as a person doesnt have anything to do with football. Him being a good person doesnt make him a better football player.

I think he deserves to be in the league too. But people are demanding that he starts and gets paid as such because of something that has nothing to do with playing football.

The fact of the matter is i dont think any of us know what he's looking for with his role and his salary so its muddying the waters.

Repped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom