2017 NFL Offseason Thread - jetpacunlimited enters the Witness Protection Program

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

• Dallas Cowboys

• Atlanta Falcons

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• New York Giants

• Green Bay Packers

• Miami Dolphins

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Oakland Raiders

• Houston Texans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard on the radio that the defensive coordinator for Dolphins is being interviewed for the broncos head coaching job..... Can anybody explain to me why he would be desired based on the results of this year?

Aside from Suh, Wake, and Reshad Jones this was a defensive unit that severely lacked talent. Reshad Jones went down early in the season, and many other players were riddled by injuries. Essentially, Vance Joseph did a decent job with a bad defense. That's why he's being considered for HC gigs.

Riiiiight.

why else would I point out that he's 24 and it's only his 3rd year in the league?

I don't have the mutant power to read between the lines of vague statements...so I dunno, you tell me?

I took it as you questioning his maturity or saying that he should be above it due to being in his 3rd year in the league.

i explained it above.. not sure what you didn't understand

you said the game was over.. i said his age and short length of his career, because as i said above: his career is far from over

athletes have injures all the time that change the trajectory of their careers.. see griffin III, robert

you are assuming a lot from the very very very little i have said.. all of which are very very very simple statements of facts

So, I'm supposed to understand all of that from this:

2w402g4.png

Bruh, this is vague as hell.

I heard on the radio that the defensive coordinator for Dolphins is being interviewed for the broncos head coaching job..... Can anybody explain to me why he would be desired based on the results of this year?

When he was hired he was being talked about as a future HC.

He had the Dolphins defense playing well with practice squad players up until week 15/16. I've heard about the Broncos thing for a couple weeks now.

What I really like about him is he adapts and holds himself accountable. I think it might be too early, but he could be ready.

Aside from Suh, Wake, and Reshad Jones this was a defensive unit that severely lacked talent. Reshad Jones went down early in the season, and many other players were riddled by injuries. Essentially, Vance Joseph did a decent job with a bad defense. That's why he's being considered for HC gigs.

When he was hired he was being talked about as a future HC.

He had the Dolphins defense playing well with practice squad players up until week 15/16. I've heard about the Broncos thing for a couple weeks now.

What I really like about him is he adapts and holds himself accountable. I think it might be too early, but he could be ready.

Fair enough. Thanks for the responses guys. If he's a good guy, I hope the broncos hire somebody else. I want to see them back in the basement of the AFC.

You know what's awesome?

Your VP randomly showing up to let you go because of budget...
First the Dolphins lose then I lose. Good times.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if I did something wrong... but I didn't. Place has been a sh-t show for 5 years until I got there. And now that it's stable they want to get rid of my salary. Scary dudes could even look me in my eye when doing it.

End of rant. Just pissed right now.

Sorry man :smh:

Unfortunately people don't care, they'll drain you for much as they can and once you fixed their errors, your gone :smh:

Hopefully you land on your feet :smh:

What field if yoj don't mind me asking?

Not at all.

I've been a warehouse and site manager going on 10 years now.

Appreciate that brethren, this is why I'm still on NT. Only for you guys and this thread.

I have no doubt I will find something. I have all the skills, knowledge and know how. I've had a few head hunters already contact me once I put the word out, just want to find something that fits. It just is a horrible feeling to know you put so much time and energy into something to know in the end you were just a number, because I damn sure didn't do anything wrong and they said as much. But working that hard got me to where I'm at, just the way the ball bounces.
that's why you gotta follow the homie https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez?lang=en  on twitter

but really unless you got a vested stake in the company, you gotta be careful how much bending over backwards you're doing for non-personal gain reasons

cause really, they could see you just like how these NFL teams see special teams guys.. doing a shht load of work, but ultimately replaceable for another stooge

100% agree...
Places I've been I've always tried get stake in the company. To have something... difficult to have the skills I do and then start your own business. Just the game to play at the moment.

You know what's awesome?

Your VP randomly showing up to let you go because of budget...
First the Dolphins lose then I lose. Good times.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if I did something wrong... but I didn't. Place has been a sh-t show for 5 years until I got there. And now that it's stable they want to get rid of my salary. Scary dudes could even look me in my eye when doing it.

End of rant. Just pissed right now.

Hold your head bro. They don't deserve a dude like you especially since you took a chance working for them and then soon as they become respectable "you make too much" only good things will come out of this bro. Your next opportunity will be a situation where you can grow even further in the company and make even more bread. Keep pushing through my man.

Last edited:
2w402g4.png

his age and length of career are "vague as hell", after you said "the game was over"?

after i just said "his hands are kinda important for his trade"?

but somehow you were still able to gather this conclusion from the supposed vagueness:
I took it as you questioning his maturity or saying that he should be above it due to being in his 3rd year in the league.
you must have been a treat for your teachers in English lit classes..

seeing you blazed doesn't seem like it would be fun though

Last edited:
100% agree...
Places I've been I've always tried get stake in the company. To have something... difficult to have the skills I do and then start your own business. Just the game to play at the moment.
yup.. you just gotta remember the game and play it.. don't put it too much on yourself.. always keep things in perspective.. and use them while they're using you (to whatever degree you can)

2w402g4.png

his age and length of career are "vague as hell", after you said "the game was over"?

but somehow you were still able to gather this conclusion from the supposed vagueness:

Series of events:

1. OBJ punches hole in wall...I say it's no big deal

2. You say his hands are important.

3. I said the game was over (insinuating that he was frustrated that the season was over)

4. You then stated 3rd year and 24 years old...

WITH NO OTHER CONTEXT.

You seem to only make sense to yourself. How the hell was I supposed to know what you were getting at?

Instead of this pointless back and forth, did anyone one else NOT understand what he was getting at? I know I can't be the only one....

2w402g4.png

Series of events:

1. OBJ punches hole in wall...I say it's no big deal

2. You say his hands are important.

3. I said the game was over (insinuating that he was frustrated that the season was over)

4. You then stated 3rd year and 24 years old...

WITH NO OTHER CONTEXT.

You seem to only make sense to yourself. How the hell was I supposed to know what you were getting at?

Instead of this pointless back and forth, did anyone one else NOT understand what he was getting at? I know I can't be the only one....

you guys should take this to PM :rofl:

I don't have a problem with what Odell did, I'd be happy my player was that pissed after a loss
me either.. didn't care about the dancing or the other mess either..

but when it starts to seriously affect the team, like have a legitimate affect on the outcome of the game (like say he does something stupid in a close game to get a penalty or something.. or gets a significant play called back or something)

OR it impacts his level of play on the field (like say he's up late working on choreographed routines or something)

IF i were the coach in this situation, i would just mention that he should be careful cause he could hurt himself.. think before he acts.. he got a big pay day coming

100% agree...

yup.. you just gotta remember the game and play it.. don't put it too much on yourself.. always keep things in perspective.. and use them while they're using you (to whatever degree you can)

Definitely, appreciate it bud.

Apparently Jarvis Landry got an extension.

Edit: I read the quote wrong, nothing final yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

you could ask?

ever thought about that?

you admit above you made assumptions, that's on you buddy

as you pointed out, what i said was extremely simple.. not my fault you couldnt grasp that.. or be secure enough in yourself to ask a simple question

a simple "huh?" would have sufficed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom