2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I don't know if it's biased or not...but what I took from the article is that everyone talking about "bad fit" is overexaggerating the issue BUT making it work is still a challenge, but its a challenge Brown hasn't figured out yet.

And this whole Butler fiasco is a non-issue, it's just media fishing for stories.

Brand better find support for this trio as soon as possible.

Nah not biased at all. It is a "bad fit" due to the fact that it hasnt worked out great.

Biggest problem is that the offense is centered around JJ's spacing. Once this is adjusted to where we can get good looks regardless of that spacing, league = ****ed lol but its dependent on Ben's jumper and "He Who Shall Not Be Named" Shoulder

It’s not a perfect fit but it’s not as bad as people are making it out to be either, the offense is still top 10 in the NBA since Butler got to Philly. I’m much more worried about the D, if we had the same D as last year, we would be a problem. Definitely need to do better in implementing Butler into the O and keep him happy though.

It’s not a perfect fit but it’s not as bad as people are making it out to be either, the offense is still top 10 in the NBA since Butler got to Philly. I’m much more worried about the D, if we had the same D as last year, we would be a problem. Definitely need to do better in implementing Butler into the O and keep him happy though.

What do you think is the biggest difference with the D? I don't know why that intensity is gone.

Nah not biased at all. It is a "bad fit" due to the fact that it hasnt worked out great.

Biggest problem is that the offense is centered around JJ's spacing. Once this is adjusted to where we can get good looks regardless of that spacing, league = ****ed lol but its dependent on Ben's jumper and "He Who Shall Not Be Named" Shoulder

The biggest person who would need to adjust would be Ben. He's definitely the most awkward fit because he needs to have a team built around him like Giannis and LeBron. Basically, if you want to make the most out of Ben, you'd have to turn Embiid into Chris Bosh.

With that being said, there's still no system in place for the entire team to buy into. It's something that's still being figured out.

Also, anyone thinks we should have jumped into nabbing Patrick Mccaw?

I’m not trading Ben for anything short of a deal involving AD or some ****

Now Jimmy on the other hand...if the Nuggets wanted to swing for the fences and throw us something like Gary Harris, Barton and Lyles then sign me up

Or if we could get Josh Richardson and Olynyk from the Heat

There’s some deals that would definitely make some sense for Jimmy

The biggest person who would need to adjust would be Ben. He's definitely the most awkward fit because he needs to have a team built around him like Giannis and LeBron. Basically, if you want to make the most out of Ben, you'd have to turn Embiid into Chris Bosh.

With that being said, there's still no system in place for the entire team to buy into. It's something that's still being figured out.

Also, anyone thinks we should have jumped into nabbing Patrick Mccaw?
Pass on McCaw. Getting Reggie Jackson vibes.

Definitely don’t want Embiid as the Bosh. That should be Jimmy but Ben lack of a jumper has Jimmy/Embiid needing to do more

I’m not trading Ben for anything short of a deal involving AD or some ****

Now Jimmy on the other hand...if the Nuggets wanted to swing for the fences and throw us something like Gary Harris, Barton and Lyles then sign me up

Or if we could get Josh Richardson and Olynyk from the Heat

There’s some deals that would definitely make some sense for Jimmy
Jimmy and Chandler for J Rich, Olynyk/JJ and Bam

Also, our defensive scheme needs to change. Putting too much pressure on Embiid to step up on PnR when our guards are constantly chasing having him not protecting the rim and even when he does come out, no one rotates back in

You can tell it frustrates him as he has to carry the offense half the time

Seriously? Jimmy has been nothing short of a complete professional, a team player and a clutch performer. He adds a completely new dynamic to our team, why would you want a trade like that where he's clearly the best player in the deal.

Why are we even entertaining this?

Pass on McCaw. Getting Reggie Jackson vibes.

Definitely don’t want Embiid as the Bosh. That should be Jimmy but Ben lack of a jumper has Jimmy/Embiid needing to do more
/QUOTE]

Haven't watched Mccaw at all, but it seems like he's known for his defence and shot decently as a rookie. I don't know much about his personality but you're right, totally selfish vibes from everything he's been doing.

And yeah, i get it, i was just saying that a player like Ben has a specific blueprint on how to build a team around. It's basically Giannis and LeBron.

Seriously? Jimmy has been nothing short of a complete professional, a team player and a clutch performer. He adds a completely new dynamic to our team, why would you want a trade like that where he's clearly the best player in the deal.

Why are we even entertaining this?

Josh Richardson might low key be just as good, is 5 years younger, on a cheap contract for another three years and is a better shooter. Getting Olynyk/James Johnson and somebody like Ellington would also make us much better.

I’m not saying we SHOULD trade Jimmy but if we were to then there’s some deals out there that could improve our team both now and later.

Yea I’m only saying move Jimmy if absolutely necessary. Same with Fultz and Simmons

I’m only making moves if it makes us better in the long run

What do you think is the biggest difference with the D? I don't know why that intensity is gone.

It’s definitely the scheme, all the switching constantly puts our worse defenders on the opposing team’s best players. Switching in theory is a great idea but we don’t have the players to do it. We’re half way through the season and it still hasn’t gotten any better but BB is too hard headed and takes forever to adjust.

This team is honestly some trash right now outside of our top 4 players. We just happen to have three top 20ish players and a top 5 shooter in the league. Everyone outside those top 4 players should be looked into trading if we want to actually win a round or two in the playoffs.

Let’s be real here, I LOVED the Butler trade but it’s taken all of 7 weeks for him to start his bull**** already

Defense is super trash right now. The dribble penetration was always an issue but teams just seem like they can get whatever they want now.

Idk about y’all but I have a huge problem with Ben saying the team played soft last night

This the same dude who avoids contact, doesn’t want to set picks or screens, play post defense. The same dude who says you need to take pride in not letting guys score on you over and over but doesn’t rotate to play help defense when they get beat

Starting to get real sick of his bull**** of calling everyone else out but he can get a pass because he gets triple doubles. He’s the soft one

So I guess our new thing is build a 20 point lead and almost blow it instead of a 15 point lead and blow it, I’ll take it!

If Butler is staying in Philly and wants to win, he has to shoot more 3s. No reason for Joel to be attempting more than him.

Hopefully Covington is healthy enough to play on Tuesday, he deserves a loud reception from the home crowd along with Saric.

Oh look, another Ringer article bashing the Sixers...shocker.

source.gif

A Rational Conversation About the Self-Destructing Philadelphia 76ers

Back
Top Bottom