2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I want all the defense, buc.

Honestly though it would be a cool little story.

But ONLY if it's on the cheap.

:lol: I wouldn’t be against it for the minimum

But we need a bench shooter and if we get somebody like Ellington and Iggy then our last two first rounders are gonna be competing for minutes with them

:lol: I wouldn’t be against it for the minimum

But we need a bench shooter and if we get somebody like Ellington and Iggy then our last two first rounders are gonna be competing for minutes with them

Haha fair enough.

What about Korver then?

Man speaking of shooters...

I remember being unreasonably happy when the Sixers signed Jason Kapono :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude was lights out before he came here and then was just hot trash :lol: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Haha fair enough.

What about Korver then?

That would be some destiny **** if Iggy and Korver both finished their career together in Philly and we win a championship :lol:

I feel like Philly native (and ex teammate of J-Rich) Wayne Ellington would be a much better move though

I really wanted to run it back with Jimmy. Also hearing that Ben wants the max or he's not returning pisses me off. Like bruh, work on your shot before demanding a max contract. I do like the Al Horford pick up though.

Man...yesterday was a weird day.
  • It's funny how we were all talking about getting JRich last year and debating between him and Butler (pre-minny trade) and now we have J Rich.
  • It's good that we got Tobi back, but we severely overpaid for a #3/ #4 option. I really don't like contract
  • I don't quite understand the Al Horford signing. It makes sense in some ways. I think he can really help Jonah Bolden. He seems like the perfect mentor for him.
  • I HATE that D'lo was available and we did not jump on that opportunity. Especially at $117!?!?!?
  • JJ will be missed, I was not a fan of Brown's over-reliance on him, especially in clutch situations, but regardless, he was a perfect running mate and his presence will be missed.
  • Unless we believe in Shake Milton, we REALLY need a backup PG. Sure, J Rich can handle the ball, but I don't think the team has a real PG unless Simmons improves his half-court offence to be more like a prime Rondo. As of today, all he does is stay on top of the key and hands over the ball to someone then goes to the dunker spot. Either watch 09/ 10 Rondo tapes, or be a playmaker from the post (especially when Embiid is out).
  • Simmons likes to score on the post so the Horford signing clogs up the paint even more. Don't know how Ben will adjust to that.
  • I think we have become a deeper team, but not necessarily a better team, that will heavily rely on the improvements of Ben, Jonah, Shake and Zhair
  • Until now, Elton Brand has not shown the ability to "win deals" I am disappointed at the price tag of Harris, I am also disappointed at the return for Jimmy. I like J Rich, but I think we could have nabbed at least one more player. Brand does not have good negotiation tactics and it's showing, even with the Thybulle trade at the draft. He has a LONG way to go to be in the level of top GMs.

Miami wasn’t going to throw in Winslow or Bam...that’s just wishful thinking. We easily could have gotten Olynyk, Derrick Jones or Dragic though but we wanted to preserve the cap space instead to sign Horford and still have a lil leftover. I’m fully satisfied so far but we still really need a good backup PG and a shooter off the bench. Plus another backup big man.

Seth, zhaire, Matisse, Scott, Bolden off the bench would be solid. Still not a lot of shooting but I think it can work.

And now that I think about it some more, we essentially turned Saric and Covington to Richardson and Horford.

Miami wasn’t going to throw in Winslow or Bam...that’s just wishful thinking. We easily could have gotten Olynyk, Derrick Jones or Dragic though but we wanted to preserve the cap space instead to sign Horford and still have a lil leftover. I’m fully satisfied so far but we still really need a good backup PG and a shooter off the bench. Plus another backup big man.

How much cap room do we even have? I think a backup PG should be priority #1.

Who would y’all like to see the Sixers go after now? I’m feeling Danny Green or Seth Curry.

I’m lowkey salty we didn’t go after D-lo for that price, dudes my favorite player. But I imagine one of the reasons we didn’t offer Jimmy the max (if the reports are true) is that we wanted Ben to go back to being the primary ball handler.

Really wanted Jimmy back, dude is the epitome of Philly. But if he don’t wanna be here then nothing we can do. The more I have time to digest the move, the more I like J rich. Similar type of player that’s younger, cheaper and has more room to grow offensively right now compared to Jimmy Butler. It’s certainly a gamble but I feel like having a young core of Embiid, Simmons, J Rich and Tobias for the next 4-5 years is going to set us up to contend year in and year out

Who would y’all like to see the Sixers go after now? I’m feeling Danny Green or Seth Curry.

I’m lowkey salty we didn’t go after D-lo for that price, dudes my favorite player. But I imagine one of the reasons we didn’t offer Jimmy the max (if the reports are true) is that we wanted Ben to go back to being the primary ball handler.

Really wanted Jimmy back, dude is the epitome of Philly. But if he don’t wanna be here then nothing we can do. The more I have time to digest the move, the more I like J rich. Similar type of player that’s younger, cheaper and has more room to grow offensively right now compared to Jimmy Butler. It’s certainly a gamble but I feel like having a young core of Embiid, Simmons, J Rich and Tobias for the next 4-5 years is going to set us up to contend year in and year out

af1 1982 af1 1982

Thybulle should be a very solid shooter from 3. Zhaire is still a WIP but dude seems like he has the work ethic to make it work

Thybulle should be a very solid shooter from 3. Zhaire is still a WIP but dude seems like he has the work ethic to make it work

Zhaire’s shot was looking a lil rough. But he’s athletic as hell and will battle. Hoping he has a big summer league.

upload_2019-7-1_13-33-42.png

:rofl:

Yea, Thybulle is really good FT shooter too and that’s usually a good sign for the 3 point shot to improve.

Can’t wait to see a Ben-Rich-Thybulle-Tobi/Scott-Al lineup on the floor. It will be similar to when Joel was out for the end of the 17-18 season and Ben flourished with all that shooting around him except this group can defend this time too.

Wes Matthew signed with the Bucks...on a min deal.

No idea why that couldn't be the sixers

Wes Matthew signed with the Bucks...on a min deal.

No idea why that couldn't be the sixers

He’ll start on the Bucks. He knew he’d be our 6th man here. Same reason he chose the Pacers over us this past year

Back
Top Bottom