2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Guess I'm in the minority. Oh well. I love them and think they are unique. Though I'm also the one who wants the Eagles to bring back kelly green SO BADLY as an alternative.

Don’t expect the Iverson jerseys as long as Chris Heck is in charge

|l

"And so the two of them grew up in the era of Allen Iverson and the black uniforms. And I hated that uniform. Absolutely despised it. And the reason is that it wasn’t traditional, it was that ridiculous silk, the ridiculous larger collar…

UW: When you say “silk,” you mean the dazzle fabric..?

CH: Yeah, the shine to it or whatever. And then the blasphemy of having gold and silver in the 76ers’ logo, on top of it being a black uniform. I know I’m going on and on here…"

I'm not a big fan of the jerseys personally. Boathouse Row just isn't that intriguing to me. I'm sure part of it is me being disappointed we aren't bringing back the Iverson era jerseys. It's wack that they made it seem like that's what they were teasing too.

As a person who's never been to Philadelphia, I find it hard to see what's so relevant about Boathouse Row tbh...

As a person who's never been to Philadelphia, I find it hard to see what's so relevant about Boathouse Row tbh...
I'd put it in the same category as the rocky steps or liberty bell or any other "touristy spot", even less so. Philadelphians know it's there, but it's also not, if that makes any sense. If you drive on the major highway here that runs through the city(I-76/Schuykill) chances are you've seen the lights at night. It is a nice view though, especially during the holidays.

I'd put it in the same category as the rocky steps or liberty bell or any other "touristy spot", even less so. Philadelphians know it's there, but it's also not, if that makes any sense. If you drive on the major highway here that runs through the city(I-76/Schuykill) chances are you've seen the lights at night. It is a nice view though, especially during the holidays.

Plus you have to add in, the real reason for the history of Boathouse Row, the Dad Vail Regatta. The country's oldest & largest collegate rowing competition. It started in the mid 30s but was officially in Philly in '53 racing on the Schuylkill.

I didn't really get crew but my wife had tickets back in like 2010 or so (can't remember the year) to a luxury box given to her when she was at her prior job. We went down that day, and I gotta say, the energy was pretty cool. Great seats along the river, really good food in the box (which was a large seating area with a roof on the water), and they gave everyone an event umbrella (which I still have. It's a nice umbrella). It was actually pretty cool. People got into it with all the schools competing.

But yeah, it's always shown during sporting events when they need B-Roll footage for coming back from commericals (Sunday/Monday Night Football). I like how it looks at night. Really cool.

I like Curry, but it's also a solid move for Dallas. I think Josh was just put in a bad spot with Brown and the team structure.

Do you guys think Alec Burk or Robinson are coming back? We probably need a backup center now unless Pelle is it.

C: Embiid, Pelle
PF: Harris, Scott, Quinn
SF: Danny Green, Thybulle
SG: Seth Curry, Korkmaz
PG: Ben, Shake, Neto, Maxey

Questions marks:
GRIII, Burk

DLeaguers:
Shayok, Zhaire

• Should Ben go back to PG with this new makeup?
  • Will Doc ask Ben to post up more?
  • Can we sign Aaron Baynes? Maybe a sign and trade?
  • Can Harris and Ben become 20pt scorers?
  • Can Ben become a 20, 8, and 8 guy?
  • Do we see less 3s from Embiid?

C: Embiid, Pelle
PF: Harris, Scott, Quinn
SF: Danny Green, Thybulle
SG: Seth Curry, Korkmaz
PG: Ben, Shake, Neto, Maxey

Questions marks:
GRIII, Burk

DLeaguers:
Shayok, Zhaire

• Should Ben go back to PG with this new makeup?
  • Will Doc ask Ben to post up more?
  • Can we sign Aaron Baynes? Maybe a sign and trade?
  • Can Harris and Ben become 20pt scorers?
  • Can Ben become a 20, 8, and 8 guy?
  • Do we see less 3s from Embiid?
Neto probably gone. Pelle/Kork gone as well to get under the tax line to use the full MLE me thinks

Scott stays as trade filler. Joe takes Kork spot.

Harris is a 20 pt scorer already, he just gotta make his bunnies -.- Ben can score 20 as well if he’s aggressive. 23-10-10 isn’t out of the realm of possibility with the shooters now, less clog and we have a guard in Curry who can throw him entry passes when he’s on the block

Do you guys think Alec Burk or Robinson are coming back? We probably need a backup center now unless Pelle is it.
Doubt it on GRIII. Unhappy in Philly as his minutes and role were reduced. Publicly voiced his displeasure, think GRIII gone even with new regime. GSW reunion makes sense, played his best ball there.

FO needs to focus on finding a quality back up for Jo, ideally someone who can run up and down the court and stretch the floor. I think a guy like Meyers Leonard is possible and would fit well.

We being linked to a possible Nerlens Noel return.

⭐
FA297217-ECDA-48F9-BBC9-6686BE77FD52.jpeg

Watching film from Tuesday and its obviously early but I’m nearly confident Tisse loses his spot in the rotation. Dude just does not have the feel or awareness for the game

Watching film from Tuesday and its obviously early but I’m nearly confident Tisse loses his spot in the rotation. Dude just does not have the feel or awareness for the game
I agree and that’s also fine. Let Furky build that trade value and flip him at the deadline

I won't make any judgements on him until Jan.

1-0

Embiid and Shake were absolutely ballin today. Shake’s D looked much better, did a very respectable job when checking Russ or Beal.

Back
Top Bottom