2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

Can’t make this up...

2554213A-BD32-45DB-84CB-3D5E98537C8B.png

:lol:

I hope they get this right finally.

The vast majority of people, especially people of color, disagree with you. And I've called both places home.

What is there to disagree with?

it's a personal opinion.. having been to both places, cool enough to visit and experience, I just wouldn't want to live either place.. I've also been to Alaska, wouldn't want to live there either

People have a real time understanding that where you’re born and what you call home has a pretty big effect on your lifestyle preference.

People from gigantic cities seem to have the hardest time understanding why others think gigantic cities would suck *** to live in. But maybe it just seems that way because there’s more of them.

I really wanna visit New York but I already know it would be a nightmare living there for me.

Both over priced, over crowded and unfriendly cities.

Assuming the offers are similar IF I WAS A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE give me the place with the best weather, least taxes and lower cost of living

But yea I'm not a fan of big cities.. when I was over in England, hitting up London for a weekend once or twice a month was good to me.. another country/city I wouldn't want to live in

People have a real time understanding that where you’re born and what you call home has a pretty big effect on your lifestyle preference.

People from gigantic cities seem to have the hardest time understanding why others think gigantic cities would suck *** to live in. But maybe it just seems that way because there’s more of them.

I really wanna visit New York but I already know it would be a nightmare living there for me.
NYC is for the crazies.

Anytime I’ve traveled to much less dense places I start feeling uncomfortable. It’s like without the hustling, bustling and slight tinge of filth and danger I can’t function. Sat back and realized that that **** is not normal :lol:

The vast majority of people, especially people of color, disagree with you. And I've called both places home.

Where in Boston did you live? That's a big determining factor. City is pretty segregated geographically. If you lived in Mattapan or Roxbury, you'd have a very different experience than if you lived in Charlestown or Southie. The former is almost entirely black and the latter is almost entirely white.

What is there to disagree with?

it's a personal opinion.. having been to both places, cool enough to visit and experience, I just wouldn't want to live either place.. I've also been to Alaska, wouldn't want to live there either

My response to the whole Boston vs NY talk and why I think you didn’t understand what I was saying:

I think you’re misunderstanding my point, and the above convo about people in big cities not understanding why someone wouldn’t want to live in one has little to do with it.

You said you assumed he’d go to the Pats and followed that with “I don’t know why he’d want to go to the Giants.” I responded how I did because, well Boston/New England in general is not an attractive or particularly fun destination for people of color, millionaire athletes or not. For whatever reason, and I can give you a dozen, that is the case.

You’re the one who mentioned NY. I’m not sure why, considering that the Giants play in Jersey and from what I’ve seen most Giants and Jets players live in Jersey, CT, or if in NY, Westchester and LI, but then I responded to that statement with “well most people of color would disagree with you.” That’s just a statistical fact. More people of color migrate to and live in the NY metropolitan area than in Massachusetts.

Now to answer your question about WHY the Giants:

Golden wanted to stay in Pennsylvania and reached out to the Steelers. Pitt didn’t want him it seems. So he signed with another team that’s to be honest closer to Philadelphia in NYG (2 hour drive from the meadowlands.) He probably didn’t want to play with the Giants in division against his former teammates but I’m guessing the desire to not uproot his family again was stronger.

Where in Boston did you live? That's a big determining factor. City is pretty segregated geographically. If you lived in Mattapan or Roxbury, you'd have a very different experience than if you lived in Charlestown or Southie. The former is almost entirely black and the latter is almost entirely white.

I lived in Somerville and Cambridge

Omg Giants continue to push the limits, first we downgrade from Collins it Peppers and now we sign Tate to a ridiculous contract after letting go of OBJ

My response to the whole Boston vs NY talk and why I think you didn’t understand what I was saying:

I think you’re misunderstanding my point, and the above convo about people in big cities not understanding why someone wouldn’t want to live in one has little to do with it.

You said you assumed he’d go to the Pats and followed that with “I don’t know why he’d want to go to the Giants.” I responded how I did because, well Boston/New England in general is not an attractive or particularly fun destination for people of color, millionaire athletes or not. For whatever reason, and I can give you a dozen, that is the case.

You’re the one who mentioned NY. I’m not sure why, considering that the Giants play in Jersey and from what I’ve seen most Giants and Jets players live in Jersey, CT, or if in NY, Westchester and LI, but then I responded to that statement with “well most people of color would disagree with you.” That’s just a statistical fact. More people of color migrate to and live in the NY metropolitan area than in Massachusetts.

Now to answer your question about WHY the Giants:

Golden wanted to stay in Pennsylvania and reached out to the Steelers. Pitt didn’t want him it seems. So he signed with another team that’s to be honest closer to Philadelphia in NYG (2 hour drive from the meadowlands.) He probably didn’t want to play with the Giants in division against his former teammates but I’m guessing the desire to not uproot his family again was stronger.

Chief I don't care enough to read all of that.. I'm black and from the Bahamas

I don't want to live in New York, which is what I said.. you can continue your convo by yourself since you want to read more into a simple statement

And because I say "I don't want to live in New York" that doesn't mean I want to live in Boston either.. as I stated above, I wouldn't want to live in either

Chief I don't care enough to read all of that.. I'm black and from the Bahamas

I don't want to live in New York, which is what I said.. you can continue your convo by yourself since you want to read more into a simple statement

And because I say "I don't want to live in New York" that doesn't mean I want to live in Boston either.. as I stated above, I wouldn't want to live in either

Lol. Let me too long didn't read it for you since you have reading comprehension issues:

The New York Giants don't play in NY and Giants players don't live in NY. No one was talking about NY but you and even then, what does that have to do with not wanting to play with the Pats?

Congrats on the Bahamas.

Back
Top Bottom