2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

Only RBs I paying barring injury are Zeke and Saquon.

Best believe that if you have an elite RB, some team will pay him.

The guy that championed never paying a RB had his own team pay a RB. So that tells me all I need to know about how teams and GM’s think about that silly narrative

Define pay?

Like more than gurley and setting a new standard? or paying over 10 mill per?
Similar to what Gurley got paid sensitive to the times of course ie Saquon will be looking at more money than Gurley largely due to the time he’ll be getting it.

Similar to what Gurley got paid sensitive to the times of course ie Saquon will be looking at more money than Gurley largely due to the time he’ll be getting it.

id pay saquon.. but given what WRs especially slot WRs are making now, i'd be willing to pay CMC in the teens

Agreed.

Why not Zeke?

i c zeke like more a real traditional RB than CMC or even saquon.. like i look at those other 2 guys in different ways to zeke, you can do different stuff to kinda save them while still getting them their touches

for zeke i think you gotta do some more traditional things and let him go at it, like with marshawn.. i just wouldnt want to bet long term on it.. i mean i'd pay him his second deal, but you gotta pull the year early move with outs after 2 years (so essentially it's a 3 year deal, where you can dump money into the bonuses the 5th year.. while spreading out cap hits)

like with zeke i'd try to get to 8 years with him getting his heavy carries

i c zeke like more a real traditional RB than CMC or even saquon.. like i look at those other 2 guys in different ways to zeke, you can do different stuff to kinda save them while still getting them their touches

for zeke i think you gotta do some more traditional things and let him go at it, like with marshawn.. i just wouldnt want to bet long term on it.. i mean i'd pay him his second deal, but you gotta pull the year early move with outs after 2 years (so essentially it's a 3 year deal, where you can dump money into the bonuses the 5th year.. while spreading out cap hits)

like with zeke i'd try to get to 8 years with him getting his heavy carries

That’s the fault of the cowboys playcallers tho. I think Zeke is fully capable of catching 60 balls.

zeke playing it real cool not holding out like gordon

offense has to look better this year

no where to go but up

That’s the fault of the cowboys playcallers tho. I think Zeke is fully capable of catching 60 balls.

Well, he already has. :lol:

Cowboys can use Zeke more traditionally because it works. Garrett and co. aren’t creative at all, but if they used Zeke like CMC, it would be stupid when you consider that Oline, who the QB is and how improved the defense is. Their style of play makes sense with how Zeke is used, but he can definitely do some of these other things. He’s proven it.

i'm not saying he's not capable of it, but i think he has more of a physical running style than those other 2 guys and more of a traditional TB with receiving ability.. like i think you're taking away from him if you're not giving him around 20 carries per and more in more important games

but with saquon and CMC i could easily see keeping them in the 15 carries per range and then throwing in 5-10 receptions per.. so they'd get their 300-350 touches that way

zeke is the only TB right now that i think it's worth roster-ing a FB rather than keep an extra TE

Wait David Johnson is 27 and getting paid?

I thought he was just drafted 3 years ago.
Redshirted and then did 4 years at UNI.

Calvin Ridley and Eddie Jackson are probably the next two guys that could be affected by their age causing them to only get one significant payday.

tumblr_pqp0euDwsH1s5bkp1o4_250.gif

Josh Norman jumping over bulls was easily the best thing I have seen on the Internet today and it is only 1 PM CT.

Back
Top Bottom