2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

“Most likely both have yellow jackets”:lol:

Smug *** tryna be humble :rofl:
:lol::lol:

Legit though it's cause I'm not 100% sure if Welker gets in cause it's always been super tough for WR's until just recently

I'd say yes personally off the strength of being probably the first great slot WR/the prototype but I'm biased as hell so who knows if his lack of titles makes it tough for him. He's got a better shot than Edelman imo.

Thinking the 5 out of 6 seasons of 100+ catches pushes him over the edge

CFEF390A-1E45-439D-B95C-C02DBBF89B1B.png

Legit though it's cause I'm not 100% sure if Welker gets in cause it's always been super tough for WR's until just recently

I'd say yes personally off the strength of being probably the first great slot WR/the prototype but I'm biased as hell so who knows if his lack of titles makes it tough for him. He's got a better shot than Edelman imo.

IDGAF about his 40 or the scheme; this is nasty.
47025F63-A1F3-49AC-B6B5-8269E40FCA25.jpeg

IDGAF about his 40 or the scheme; this is nasty.
47025F63-A1F3-49AC-B6B5-8269E40FCA25.jpeg

Yea I kind of think the way Megatrons candidacy goes might have an effect on his chances in terms of guys who didn't really have too much longevity but had some of the most productive years and peaks ever during their primes. Same idea for a dude like Patrick Willis who's damn near a lock imo

Yea I kind of think the way Megatrons candidacy goes might have an effect on his chances in terms of guys who didn't really have too much longevity but had some of the most productive years and peaks ever during their primes. Same thing for a dude like Patrick Willis who's damn near a lock imo
Yup.

Willis should be first ballot IMO.

Walker is gonna get in but I could see him waiting a long *** time simply because he’s not that physically dominating outside presence. There’s no true “slot receiver” in the hall right now if you think about it.

I said years ago that there's no way Welker doesn't make it to the HOF. He has a ton of NFL records, including some tied with Cris Carter and Jason Witten. Does suck that he's 0-3 in the Super Bowl, but I think he'd get in fairly easily

rolaholic rolaholic DeadsetAce DeadsetAce getback getback

Mailbag question on Simms & Lefkoe pod today. Brady, Welker & Moss or Brady, Edelman & Gronk. Which would you take?

That's a really tough one. Almost a wash TBH. I'd probably lean towards Moss and Welker. Arguably the best deep ball receiver ever to go along with Welker, who caught over 100 balls five different times for us and is one of the most reliable slot guys ever. I guess I just like the spacing with those two better. Edelman and Gronk probably win the sure handed category.

Welker should get HOF consideration IMO.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.40.51 PM.png

this is tough...i kind of want to go Edelman and Gronk just because i feel Edelman and Welker is close enough a wash while Gronk also adds to the run game. you're nowhere near as explosive without Moss, but Gronk (healthy Gronk) is as much a matchup issue as Moss. i think it's easier to take away Moss and Welker's impact on the game v Edelman and Gronk's. again, this is all based on the assumption that they're all healthy.

but i'll say this, and this is purely from just what i remember watching and feeling during games, the offense was never as versatile, deadly, and smooth as it was when we had Gronk and Chico running wild and catching balls. 2010 i think was their rookie years PLUS we had Moss and Welker, but then Moss talked about his contract publicly and got traded a couple weeks into the year. that offense would have been INSANE. it was without Moss and we can only imagine if Moss played the year out in NE what could have been.

Y’all getting anything for your significant others on Valentine’s Day? Need some ideas.

Don’t help the wife got a bday 10 days later :smh:

Y’all getting anything for your significant others on Valentine’s Day? Need some ideas.

Don’t help the wife got a bday 10 days later :smh:

Probably flowers & I'll cook dinner. Not trying to make a rez somewhere for an overpriced prefix.

I’m down for AAF or XFL, treat it as it should be. Feeder league for training camp. Place to send late round draft picks and such. (Think NFL Europe)

Neither league will be any type successful if they can’t figure out how to get points on the board. I’ve been watching though, got a sickness.

I’ll be watching tomorrow too.

The lack of at least average QB play is gonna hurt for sure. Game hasnt been half bad doe

Game hasn't been drowned by flags so that helps

Agreed... but having these QBs try and throw these 30/40 years throws is silly. They have to have strong RBs, screen games, and must be innovative with play calling.

These terrible TEs, put a guard or tackle at the end of the line and split them out as a slot WR. Something else, can’t be Mike Martz running Mike Martz Rams offense.

Can’t have two QBs who are both West Coast timing QBs dropping back like they were.

Other than QB play, it was actually entertaining, looking forward to tomorrow’s game.

Back
Top Bottom