2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
To me having the worlds number one shoe company while its named after you with your silhouette as the logo is a slightly bigger deal than 6 rings and a few mvps. His priorities are dumb.

I get that he's 'retired' but he really isnt in real life. He's in his early 50s and he owns (and runs?) all this. Most 99.9 percent of humans would take that role extremely seriously or hand off the responsibility to someone who will if they dont have the energy for it.

Its almost like Mike just feels like he's entitled to to the sales because of his legacy, not because of the product. And his right hand man is telling us its raining when theyre pissing on our legs.

It's not a bigger deal by any means and you only feel comfortable saying that because you're nowhere close to his orbit. What he accomplished laid the groundwork for you having a complete melt down over the quality or perceived lack thereof of his shoes.

Like someone already said, its YOUR MONEY and you're entitled to spend it however YOU see fit. But you also have the option to take your dollars elsewhere.

If he doesn't win 6 rings and 5 MVP's, there is no Jordan Brand, there might still be Nike but nowhere near its current level and there is definitely no NikeTalk.

Also keep in mind that Mike has never been involved on the manufacturing side so as long as the business if profitable (ie you keep buying the shoes) what is it to Michael Jordan?

This isn't like Truit Cathy maintaining the legacy of his fried chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A...where if the quality of the sandwich fell off, the brand could go completely extinct.

This Jordan thing as we know it started off as an endorsement and grew into something so much bigger.

To know what we know about Michael and expect that he's gonna be some type of QC Nazi is absolutely ridiculous.

Contrast is definitely sprayed on. Some pods have excess residue. Probably rushed, which is why some pairs have it very visible, and many vary from kinda visible to non existent no matter the light. My left shoe that doesn’t have it at all, and it doesn’t have defined ridges or ankle pod. This release was definitely rushed. I still love these, but I believe some of the complaints about QC have merit.
IMG_20190216_090329.jpg
Same thing with mine.

Contrast is definitely sprayed on. Probably rushed. My left shoe that doesn’t have it at all also doesn’t have defined ridges or ankle pod. This release was definitely rushed. I still love these, but I believe some of the complaints about QC have merit.
they probably read the posts in this thread and scrambled to address it late in the process by spraying some angelus gloss on em right quick. Possibly took place in Gentrys garage on a butthurt weekend not too long ago

Yeah I really like this release a lot myself but they were making it seem like NIKE made a time machine went back to 91 and brought them back for this release :lol:

It might not be stitch for stitch but it comes extremely close. Like I said before even the scent out the box is the same. The overall shape, infrared hue, and the 3m are all super close if not identical. The material is a bit different but close enough that it keeps the overall same aesthetic.

My ndc pair came out ok except that the outsole wasn’t glued flush with the midsole. Gonna wait for the fta pair to come in so I can mix n match a better pair

3182FE27-E2A0-4B40-8BB2-BD3DCF5558DB.jpeg

It might not be stitch for stitch but it comes extremely close. Like I said before even the scent out the box is the same. The overall shape, infrared hue, and the 3m are all super close. The material is a bit different but close enough that it keeps the overall same aesthetic.

Oh yeah I know. And all of that makes me very excited to get my pair tomorrow. :nthat:

Contrast is definitely sprayed on. Some pods have excess residue. Probably rushed, which is why some pairs have it very visible, and many vary from kinda visible to non existent no matter the light. My left shoe that doesn’t have it at all, and it doesn’t have defined ridges or ankle pod. This release was definitely rushed. I still love these, but I believe some of the complaints about QC have merit. I’ve never received a perfect pair of Jays from 2006-now. Even the 97 12s I had had different mudguard heights, bunch of glue, and other small flaws.
Some of the QC issues showcased here are definitely cringe worthy. There have also been a bunch of great pairs (I'm super satisfied with my pair and posted a bunch of pics earlier today.) J's in the last year or so have been pretty good, so much better than the cardboard Fire red 5's and others from that same period.

It's not a bigger deal by any means and you only feel comfortable saying that because you're nowhere close to his orbit. What he accomplished laid the groundwork for you having a complete melt down over the quality or perceived lack thereof of his shoes.

Like someone already said, its YOUR MONEY and you're entitled to spend it however YOU see fit. But you also have the option to take your dollars elsewhere.

If he doesn't win 6 rings and 5 MVP's, there is no Jordan Brand, there might still be Nike but nowhere near its current level and there is definitely no NikeTalk.

Also keep in mind that Mike has never been involved on the manufacturing side so as long as the business if profitable (ie you keep buying the shoes) what is it to Michael Jordan?

This isn't like Truit Cathy maintaining the legacy of his fried chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A...where if the quality of the sandwich fell off, the brand could go completely extinct.

This Jordan thing as we know it started off as an endorsement and grew into something so much bigger.

To know what we know about Michael and expect that he's gonna be some type of QC Nazi is absolutely ridiculous.
I understand that this is essentially a Michael Jordan fan forum but come on man. No business man would argue my point. His crown in that world is just as unparalleled but absolutely more valuable in every aspect. The dude has his own shoes and is the top selling shoe brand in the world. No one would take 6 nba rings over that.

it goes without saying that the first part is required for the latter, thats not the point im making. Im saying he should value this particular crown more than the athletic one. And it clearly seems like he doesnt when you look at his work ethic and care involved in each venture.

What is it to Jordan? Continued respect for his name when the generation that knew him from his basketball days fades away and his brand and kids are left with people who only know him for his shoes and crybaby face. If its known that Jordan Brand produces a great product consistently that only builds reputation and longevity. Look at In-n-Out Burger. Right now Jordan isnt known for producing a great product and is actually known to produce the opposite. But we all put up with it because of the hype. Hype fades.

Ive been around long enough to see my fair share of 'cool s**t' become despised by the general consumers en masse. Things become lame and its a very slippery slope from there. Jordan isnt immune or impermeable to this. He might want to start focusing on the ever growing legacy of his product instead of the ever fading legacy of his playing days before its too late and people stop caring about both.

ShoePalace pair from saturdays order came in today, they look better then my Champs pair. Heel contrast is much more noticeable on the ShoePalace pair. Love both pairs though! Super glad I doubled up, one of my favorite Jordan's ever.

Contrast is definitely sprayed on. Some pods have excess residue. Probably rushed, which is why some pairs have it very visible, and many vary from kinda visible to non existent no matter the light. My left shoe that doesn’t have it at all, and it doesn’t have defined ridges or ankle pod. This release was definitely rushed. I still love these, but I believe some of the complaints about QC have merit. I’ve never received a perfect pair of Jays from 2006-now. Even the 97 12s I had had different mudguard heights, bunch of glue, and other small flaws.

I imagine the spraying is due to them wanting to replicate it with nubuck.. durabuck isn’t actually made anymore so that’s out of the picture.

They’re replicating what I think was a factory defect on the heel panel due to limitations of materials and manufacturing at the time.

When you look at it that way, whoever was responsible for this release really did their best with this.

Im saying he should value this particular crown more than the athletic one. And it clearly seems like he doesnt when you look at his work ethic and care involved in each venture.

I've never been into trying to determine what should be more valuable to people that I don't even know. That's where the conversation turns weird and ridiculous.

I think the average Jordan buyer is satisfied with their purchase of Jordan retros specifically ---and let's not ignore the fact that the majority of enthusiasts in this thread are satisfied and doubling and tripling up. Proof is that not everybody who wants a pair can always get a pair when they have the money in their pockets.

The environment that your melt down is occurring in, is MUCH more sympathetic to your nitpicking and complaints than the general buying public who makes up the majority of Jordan Brand sales.

If you brought the majority of the Jordan buying public in here to read your comments you'd get laughed into oblivion.

I've been in the shoe game for quite some time and if I know one thing its that most people buying the shoes do not care as much about the details as the people in this thread do.

And please save that bogus businessman talk. Other shoe proprietors wouldn't disapprove of the job being done by JB to the level that you are. If anything they'd admire how Nike/JB has been able to cut costs/corners and still maintain this level of popularity and relevance 30 years after the fact.

Last edited:
My pairs finally came in and I made a good choice buying 2. Was able to match up a perfect pair from my snkrs and ftl order. Only thing really wrong with the non perfect pair is the fact that the collar is bumpy. Overall I'm content with these and the contrast heel is noticeable for sure but visibility definitely depends on lighting and angles. (Excuse messy bed I was studying before they arrived)
20190220_134015.jpg
20190220_134643.jpg
20190220_135008.jpg
20190220_134816.jpg

And last but not least my humble Nike Air collection thus far. :blush:
20190220_153008.jpg

In 3rd pic down looks like right one has contrast while the left doesn't. Just lighting?

Back
Top Bottom