2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
In the '80s it was one pair per year; the 2nd pair was last year's beaters (if they still fit!). My Jodans always passed the "need non-marking outsoles for the gymnasium", so as long as they weren't dirty, one pair was sufficient. Then there was the annual shoe shopping with Mom who split the cost with me; then Dad getting upset, saying that no kid needed a pair of shoes that expensive.... I had the 4 thru 8 , plus in-between when there was no Jordan available (maybe the new model hadn't released yet?), where I got the Air Trainer SC High Raiders (SCII at the time I believe). Loved those as much as the Jordans; were those between the Jordan 5 and 6?

Oh man so true.. I had play clothes too actually lol. Kids now dont even go outside.. they just come home and change into their internet clothes :lol:

‘Internet Clothes’ sounds like a cool streetwear brand targeted at IG fashion influencers :lol:

Oh man so true.. I had play clothes too actually lol. Kids now dont even go outside.. they just come home and change into their internet clothes :lol:

tenor.gif

As for the school shoes and play shoes, who didn't. But luckily by the time I started getting Jordans I was in high school so I could get a few more pair of other lower end Nikes to have a little variety, but like it mattered, you only ever wanted to wear your Js. Basically the new model was for sporting and the old model was for balling. I remember my OG infrared 6s finally got so bad the clear sole by the air pocket physically broke off playing outdoor ball. I threw them right in the trash but kept the box. I really wish I would have kept the shoes, but oh well.

Hey man I dig Target gear, lol.

Then again I'm 36 and 90% of my non work clothes are pushing a decade old and just shoved to the far sides of my closet. Like some sad old relics, dusty and shaped like whatever hanger they've draped around since my last vacation... But hey the lights stay on at the crib and my wife and kids are insured. Oh and I can afford to buy Jordans lol.

i’m pretty sure most of us could make a pretty good case against our parents for the fact we spend thousands of dollars a year on shoes lol. A couple pairs of Airs for birthdays/back to school/Christmas growing up, and now we’re stuck spending the rest of our lives rebuying all the same shoes over and over riding the nostalgia high. I left the hospital day one of my life in a pair of baby white/infra 6s, followed by 9s and 10s and so on. Now each model brings back memories of certain periods in my life, i’m sure a lot of you can relate. The cool thing is my parents kept all my baby shoes so i still have most all my baby jordan’s

Remember how everyone used to like the new Jordan then hate on the old model after loving it the previous year? Lol. I remember liking 7 more than the 6 for example back in 1992, but if you asked me now I’d say no 7 can touch Infrareds.

:lol: Fall ‘1997, this dude in my hood got clowned because everyone who has it was wearing the white/blk XIII’s, yet he was still wearing the white/blk XI’s. My how times have changed.

i’m pretty sure most of us could make a pretty good case against our parents for the fact we spend thousands of dollars a year on shoes lol. A couple pairs of Airs for birthdays/back to school/Christmas growing up, and now we’re stuck spending the rest of our lives rebuying all the same shoes over and over riding the nostalgia high. I left the hospital day one of my life in a pair of baby white/infra 6s, followed by 9s and 10s and so on. Now each model brings back memories of certain periods in my life, i’m sure a lot of you can relate. The cool thing is my parents kept all my baby shoes so i still have most all my baby jordan’s

Spoiled lil boy you were. :lol:

my first pair of nikes were flights in the early 90s and it was so worn i was actually able to see the air bubbles since my pair didn't have the "windows" that shows the bubbles. but by the time it was worn it was the most comfortable thing! yes,1 pair for the whole year.

Hey man I dig Target gear, lol.

Then again I'm 36 and 90% of my non work clothes are pushing a decade old and just shoved to the far sides of my closet. Like some sad old relics, dusty and shaped like whatever hanger they've draped around since my last vacation... But hey the lights stay on at the crib and my wife and kids are insured. Oh and I can afford to buy Jordans lol.
target has some nice gear. my office clothes are mostly from target. they merona stuff is decent.

when i was young, i didnt get to have Js at all. heck, 95% of the time i didnt get to choose the exact shoes i wanted. it had to be a compromise between whatever my parents could afford and approved of. if my momma wasnt feelin white kicks (im assuming cause she thought i woudnt keep them clean), guess what, i wasnt rocking no white kicks bros.

the day they finally said ok to some crispy white uptowns, i was GEEEEEEKED back then.

thats why now im going nuts and buying whatever i want. i blame my parents. its all their fault.

Bruh, I STAY checkin on Target stock man. Can almost always find some pieces to add for a layering. Shiiiiiit, I just bought a baseball-style windbreaker pullover a couple weeks ago. Super dope!

Fits the current trend of 90's style, considering it's the old-style track suit..... without it being OVERKILL on loud color or have "CHAMPION" all over it. Also bought a couple pairs of their Goodfellow & Co. denim. Target, FTW at age 36! Hahaha!

when i was young, i didnt get to have Js at all. heck, 95% of the time i didnt get to choose the exact shoes i wanted. it had to be a compromise between whatever my parents could afford and approved of. if my momma wasnt feelin white kicks (im assuming cause she thought i woudnt keep them clean), guess what, i wasnt rocking no white kicks bros.

the day they finally said ok to some crispy white uptowns, i was GEEEEEEKED back then.

thats why now im going nuts and buying whatever i want. i blame my parents. its all their fault.

Your parents and my parents are alike. They never got me everything I wanted. They tried to save their money for more important things besides $100+ sneakers. My parents never wanted to buy me the most expensive sneakers but they did want me to be happy and have good stuff once in a while. I got one pair of Jordans when I was a kid. They were the grape 5s. I had to save my money to get whatever other sneakers I wanted which ended up being some $75 Reebok pumps. I was lucky to get some Air Maestro 1s and the OG Huarache basketball shoes in high school. Parents like ours taught us how to save and work to get what we want and those lessons are valuable.

Your parents and my parents are alike. They never got me everything I wanted. They tried to save their money for more important things besides $100+ sneakers. My parents never wanted to buy me the most expensive sneakers but they did want me to be happy and have good stuff once in a while. I got one pair of Jordans when I was a kid. They were the grape 5s. I had to save my money to get whatever other sneakers I wanted which ended up being some $75 Reebok pumps. I was lucky to get some Air Maestro 1s and the OG Huarache basketball shoes in high school. Parents like ours taught us how to save and work to get what we want and those lessons are valuable.

amen.

yeah my parents were like this too. Now that i'm a parent, i'm trying to find a balance of giving my kids things i didn't have as a kid, but to also not spoil them.

Mind you they're 5 and 18 months, but it's hard! L OL

Target clothes are overpriced. Theyre only a little bit more stylish then walmart.

Id rather buy boxers and tees at walmart and nice clothes elsewhere. I especially dont see the merona appeal when I can find name brand clothes on the sale rack cheaper at gabes, tj max etc.. unless they come down on their prices lately.

Last edited:

Same here, preach brother

Back
Top Bottom