2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
X_NIKE_AIR_180_04.jpg

Michael Jordan Promo.jpg

These have probably been posted here before, but oh well 😌

Mjo23dan did a video where he explained the details quite nicely. There were actually different production runs of the og infrareds. Some included the extra fabric on the tongue and some didn’t.
Definitely amazing I would pay 232 for that excat shape and material. Also some of the OGs have a 3ed eyelet and some dont.
Screenshot_20201216-115430_Instagram.jpg

Jumpman or Nike side up? What's better? Or keep each sneaker different?
Go for the asymmetrical look and do one each way.
Mjo23dan did a video where he explained the details quite nicely. There were actually different production runs of the og infrareds. Some included the extra fabric on the tongue and some didn’t.
It was the latter runs that had it. Apparently it was to address a durability issue around the stitching in that area.
We'll agree to disagree on that one. 19' has better shape, more accurate Infrared shade, 3m, and better materials.
WHAT?

Better shape? Better MATERIALS? :wow: You’ve got to be joking.

No doubt the ‘19 pair wins the 3M battle. Shape? How Sway? The shape is basically identical on the two pairs, neither of which properly replicate the OG. MATERIALS? Bruh... The ‘00 has proper durabuck that was soft with the white edged rands, the ‘19 has some sort of replica durabuck without the white edges. Neither of the two truly replicate the heel piece.

In my view, it’s extremely close between the 2000 and the 2019. After the notable differences, I give the edge to the 2000 because the Nike Air has the correct font and they had pure clear soles with no blue tint.

No hate for the ‘19, I ended up with 5 pairs :lol:, but they are the 1b to the 2000’s 1a.

It was the latter runs that had it. Apparently it was to address a durability issue around the stitching in that area.

WHAT?

No doubt the ‘19 pair wins the 3M battle. Shape? How Sway? The shape is basically identical on the two pairs, neither of which properly replicate the OG. MATERIALS? Bruh... The ‘00 has proper durabuck that was soft with the white edged rands, the ‘19 has some sort of replica durabuck without the white edges. Neither of the two truly replicate the heel piece.

In my view, it’s extremely close between the 2000 and the 2019. After the notable differences, I give the edge to the 2000 because the Nike Air has the correct font and they had pure clear soles with no blue tint.

No hate for the ‘19, I ended up with 5 pairs :lol:, but they are the 1b to the 2000’s 1a.

WHAT?

I agree with you, it seems like these narratives start and just keep going.

Just by LOOKING at the 2019 Infrared 6 you can tell the materials are off. The suede is too dark and has a different texture. The OGs were a lighter color and smoother.

The 2000s were way closer to the OGs when you compare the suede. (I know it's not suede, it's durabuck or nubuck, but that's another conversation.)

There's a similar narrative going around about the 2020 Fire Red 5s being just as good as the 2000 version. The leathers aren't even in the same ballpark, the 2020 is like plastic compared to the 2000.

I agree with you, it seems like these narratives start and just keep going.

Just by LOOKING at the 2019 Infrared 6 you can tell the materials are off. The suede is too dark and has a different texture. The OGs were a lighter color and smoother.

The 2000s were way closer to the OGs when you compare the suede. (I know it's not suede, it's durabuck or nubuck, but that's another conversation.)

There's a similar narrative going around about the 2020 Fire Red 5s being just as good as the 2000 version. The leathers aren't even in the same ballpark, the 2020 is like plastic compared to the 2000.

As someone who has owned both the 2000 FR 5 and 2000 Infrareds, as well as the 2019 Infrareds and this year's FR 5's, I think people have a rosy view of the earlier retros. I'd probably choose the 2000 FR 5 over the 2020 just cause the tongue was WAY better, had the course material that was more like the og's. The 2020 is still a great retro.

For the Infareds, I'm sticking with the 2019's all day. Easily. The shape isn't perfect but it's still much better than the 2000. The shade if red is closer to the og, and the lack of 3m on the 2000 just kills it. It's almost as bad as the 2001 bred 11's not having white edges on the patent leather. Plus, the 2000 cracked after about 10 years. The 2019 will unlikely crack , and even if it does it will last way longer.

The newer 11's are better than the 2000's as well.

Comparing 2000 to 2019 seems pointless to many knowing there is no chance of wearing the 2000 release anyway. Admittingly never owning the 2000 release, I still like the 2019 more based on looks alone. 3m is a must with these. The only thing I wish these had compared to the 2000 was the obvious heel contrast. This 2019 does have it, but not like the 2000 did.
Again, sizing and feel, I cannot speak on that.

Comparing 2000 to 2019 seems pointless to many knowing there is no chance of wearing the 2000 release anyway. Admittingly never owning the 2000 release, I still like the 2019 more based on looks alone. 3m is a must with these. The only thing I wish these had compared to the 2000 was the obvious heel contrast. This 2019 does have it, but not like the 2000 did.
Again, sizing and feel, I cannot speak on that.
I never had any og 6s but I had the 2000 pair and it wasn’t as great as people keep saying as far as comfort compared to the ‘19 pair. Still felt like boots. The materials were most definitely better, particularly the contrast heel and the grey edges, but the shape was off. It was kinda squat and leaned forward compared to the og. The ‘19 isn’t perfect as far as shape either but I do think it’s closer than the 2000.
So the way I see it, 2000 pair is better in terms of upper contrast and materials and crystal clear soles but the ‘19 pair has 3M, better shape, and better infrared color.
You could make an argument for either one being the best retro.

I never had any og 6s but I had the 2000 pair and it wasn’t as great as people keep saying as far as comfort compared to the ‘19 pair. Still felt like boots. The materials were most definitely better, particularly the contrast heel and the grey edges, but the shape was off. It was kinda squat and leaned forward compared to the og. The ‘19 isn’t perfect as far as shape either but I do think it’s closer than the 2000.
So the way I see it, 2000 pair is better in terms of upper contrast and materials and crystal clear soles but the ‘19 pair has 3M, better shape, and better infrared color.
You could make an argument for either one being the best retro.
I also had the 2000 retro and yeah I certainly wouldn’t think to describe wearing them as comfortable. But yeah the absence of 3M is huge for me.

As someone who has owned both the 2000 FR 5 and 2000 Infrareds, as well as the 2019 Infrareds and this year's FR 5's, I think people have a rosy view of the earlier retros. I'd probably choose the 2000 FR 5 over the 2020 just cause the tongue was WAY better, had the course material that was more like the og's. The 2020 is still a great retro.

For the Infareds, I'm sticking with the 2019's all day. Easily. The shape isn't perfect but it's still much better than the 2000. The shade if red is closer to the og, and the lack of 3m on the 2000 just kills it. It's almost as bad as the 2001 bred 11's not having white edges on the patent leather. Plus, the 2000 cracked after about 10 years. The 2019 will unlikely crack , and even if it does it will last way longer.

The newer 11's are better than the 2000's as well.
Its not a rosy-view we're just pointing out facts. The 2019s have their strong-points and are great.

I'm just commenting because I've seen people say things that just aren't true.

Back
Top Bottom