2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is still one of the most baffling things I’ve seen in the NFL. Obviously Cam cares enough about playing football, since he wouldn’t destroy his body every weekend for no reason. But why he stopped like that during the Super Bowl is unbelievable to me.

See this what I gotta wonder.. how much does cam really really care?

I don't expect colleges to actually train guys beyond their benefit to them, so cam could get away with his sh at Florida and auburn

But would think even if the panthers didn't try and get him some to work on his technique.. he could go out on his own and do it, if just to save himself and extend his career

Like one of the things our coaches saw with wentz was a similar thing where is footwork wasn't right and lead to balls sailing on him.. so they worked on that and it helped his accuracy.. but now his knee threw a wrench in that a bit

"Item 4. Fumbled or Muffed Ball Goes Forward. The fact that a fumbled or muffed ball goes forward is disregarded, unless the act is ruled intentional. If it is intentional, a fumbled ball that goes forward is a forward pass (8-1-1), and a muff is a bat (12-5-1)."

As said previously, spot of lost possession. Business as usual. Really shouldn't be hard imo. The fact that the endzone is nearby shouldn't be an obstacle

If you fumble through the endzone, you give no one a chance to recover. What's stopping every player from "intentionally" fumbling out of bounds near or through the goaline so they get the ball automatically spotted at the 1? That would be a definite strategy. It would me more ridiculous to give them the auto spot at the 1 every time. You can't control, which is why it's a touchback. It makes sense.

They kinda did cause it. And the goaline is where the field ends. If you fumble through a zone that is outta play, the other team getting the ball isn't an issue, in my opinion.

Teams fumble the ball out of play all the time thou.. just weird to have different rules for that specific instance of something that happens elsewhere on the field

Shoulder problems just making it more obvious now.. but he always had bad footwork and throwing off his back foot

No clue what lead to his shoulder injury.. but if he going continue with that motion, things ain't looking good
Extending the ball for a few meaningless yards on second down in Tampa :rofl:

If you fumble through the endzone, you give no on a chance to recover. What's stopping every player from "intentionally" fumbling out of bounds near or through the goaline so they get the ball automatically spotted at the 1? That would be a definite strategy. It would me more ridiculous to give them the auto spot at the 1 every time. You can't control, which is why it's a touchback. It makes sense.
summa deez cats needa stop watchin football dawg..:lol:

If you fumble through the endzone, you give no one a chance to recover. What's stopping every player from "intentionally" fumbling out of bounds near or through the goaline so they get the ball automatically spotted at the 1? That would be a definite strategy. It would me more ridiculous to give them the auto spot at the 1 every time. You can't control, which is why it's a touchback. It makes sense.

If they've made it all the way to the one when they reach for it that's the defense's fault they had 74+ yards in most cases to do something about it :lol:

I see what you're saying tho. Make it a penalty send it back 5 yards that's more than fair imo

Teams fumble the ball out of play all the time thou.. just weird to have different rules for that specific instance of something that happens elsewhere on the field

Look at the circumstance I just said...It would be so out of place to reward the offense for throwing the ball through the endzone knowing it won't hurt them in any way. The endzone easily different from any other spot on the field.

If they've made it all the way to the one when they reach for it that's the defense's fault they had 74+ yards in most cases to do something about it :lol:

I see what you're saying tho. Make it a penalty send it back 5 yards that's more than fair imo

A turnover is a turnover no matter how far you've gone. A 5-yard penalty just placates to the fantasy generation ****. We don't need more of that. Agree to disagree, I guess, but I like the rule. I think in its place, it makes a lot of sense.

Very true.

IMO Every player on the field should know the rule and should know they better not fumble out of the endzone....simple as that.

Look at the circumstance I just said...It would be so out of place to reward the offense for throwing the ball through the endzone knowing it won't hurt them in any way. The endzone easily different from any other spot on the field.

Rewarding the team in my view would be allowing the team to advance off of a forward fumble (so fumblerooski)

Very true.

IMO Every player on the field should know the rule and should know they better not fumble out of the endzone....simple as that.

It was definitely a dumb risk on his part.. the rule could still be stupid

Not mutually exclusive

651akathepaul 651akathepaul I feel you. The rule i quoted also does state that any intentional forward fumble would be counted as an illegal forward pass so there is that going against it.

It'll be interesting to see if they address it in the off-season

651akathepaul 651akathepaul I feel you. The rule i quoted also does state that any intentional forward fumble would be counted as an illegal forward pass so there is that going against it.

It'll be interesting to see if they address it in the off-season

I just don't know how you can officiate that; differentiating between intentional vs. not intentional. Lots of subjectivity, which refs already have a problem with as it is. I doubt it's something they address, cause it hasn't raised a big stink. They need to focus on a vision plan being added to their insurance is what the NFL needs to do, cause these dudes can't spot a ball or recognize a holding/PI for ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom