2019 NFL Draft Thread

Skip was pushing that on Undisputed this morning. Were you watching?
I honestly said it in jest :lol: and I didnt even know Kliff said he would take him 1st back in October but it seems like a legit move now

Tommie Frazier could've been a successful NFL quarterback in today's game. I don't blame Murray one bit nor can I doubt him.

Tommie Frazier could've been a successful NFL quarterback in today's game. I don't blame Murray one bit nor can I doubt him.

The NFL is the obvious choice for him... He ain’t gonna get one of those 200+ mil deals in baseball. He ain’t that type of player.

Charlie Ward maybe, but the stuff Tommie was great at doesn't translate to today's game at either the pro or college level really. He was a great option QB, and in today's era that skill has been really devalued even in college. The blood clots would've been an issue too.

That's not to say that there still aren't athletic run first QB's because there are, but today's spread options don't prioritize the option the same way offenses like Nebraska's and Oklahoma's did back in the day. Nebraska and OU viewed the option game as essentially their "passing game", so making the correct reads were vital to offense working at all. Spread options rep the option but not the same way those traditional offenses did because the passing game is a lot more important to those schemes.

A guy like Tim Tebow while being a great athlete, wouldn't have been a great option QB honestly because at UF there were plenty of times he made the wrong read in the option game and got away with it because he was a superior athlete. That stuff is a lot harder to do under center because the reads come a lot quicker and it's a lot more congested.

Charlie Ward maybe, but the stuff Tommie was great at doesn't translate to today's game at either the pro or college level really. He was a great option QB, and in today's era that skill has been really devalued even in college. The blood clots would've been an issue too.

That's not to say that there still aren't athletic run first QB's because there are, but today's spread options don't prioritize the option the same way offenses like Nebraska's and Oklahoma's did back in the day. Nebraska and OU viewed the option game as essentially their "passing game", so making the correct reads were vital to offense working at all. Spread options rep the option but not the same way those traditional offenses did because the passing game is a lot more important to those schemes.

A guy like Tim Tebow while being a great athlete, wouldn't have been a great option QB honestly because at UF there were plenty of times he made the wrong read in the option game and got away with it because he was a superior athlete. That stuff is a lot harder to do under center because the reads come a lot quicker and it's a lot more congested.

Bro...it was hyperbole. :lol: Chill.

I wanted to come up with the most disparate QB to drive home the point that it seems like every rook Q is hitting these days, no matter size, stature or perceived abilities or inefficiencies.

Hard to get a handle on it to the point where I think I know how Murray should turn out in the NFL, but I don't really know now.

Number grows with every season, it seems. Again, hyperbole, but the game has changed so much no one knows anymore.

Just 1st rounders?

Cause I ain't a big fan of Mitch other than as a running QB.. and I'm not overly a fan of any of the dudes from last draft (and wasn't going into the draft)

Although I'll admit I was wrong on baker

It's easier to play Q that it's ever been because of the rule changes. As long as you don't have an absolute rag for an arm, if your accurate, and process things quickly, you're going to have a chance. Arm strength isn't nearly important as it once was.

Couch (the first Air Raid guy) probably pans out today, and Flutie could have definitely been a starter in this league.

Andre Ware and Anthony Calvillo are "what ifs" too probably.

Very close to the staff at Stanford and did not hear about this, wild stuff.

Kid is a true warrior but I wonder if he should be a 4th-5th round pick at this point, stash him and see where he is health wise next year.

He hasn’t been healthy in 2 years but when he is he is a game changer

Just another reason you should leave when you got a shot to go.. would have gone in the 1st or 2nd last draft

As in tradition a packer fan who wants a badger.

But srs I want TJ Edwards. Im seeing him going in mid-rounds. He's been a damn good MLB and great in pass coverage.

Kyler has huuuge bust potential. But some team in the top 10 will take the chance on him.

#HotTake (but not really that hot) he's going to regret going to the NFL.

#HotTake (but not really that hot) he's going to regret going to the NFL.

This pretty much guarantees he is going to be a good NFL QB.

I honestly have no clue how to project this dude though. One on hand he will probably be in shotgun like 75% of the time so I dont know how much size really matters.

I cant imagine he is worse than Rosen or josh Allen in their first years though

Back
Top Bottom