2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
*I hate to be THAT guy*

Brogdon gives you a higher ceiling. -name redacted- gives you a higher floor. Yea I know it’s him but if you take Jo off the Sixers, that’s still a .500 team led by you know who

Amitt u taking brogdon and two firsts Rn for ben

I wish Benjamin would focus more on his future political aspirations as the future PM of Australia but he has to produce more on the floor to make that happen.

lol is this real

E8Dxet9VIAMLVdZ

*I hate to be THAT guy*

Brogdon gives you a higher ceiling. -name redacted- gives you a higher floor. Yea I know it’s him but if you take Jo off the Sixers, that’s still a .500 team led by you know who
I was going to challenge your post until I did my due diligence and saw this
1628201036490.png

Well I’ll be damned.

It’s kind of interesting because it makes me think of the argument you made about Mike Tyson not being Top 5 because he hasn’t beat other all-time greats in comparison to his peers that you consider Top 5. It makes me think about all the folks MJ stopped from winning a championship and all the people who Lebby has beat and lost too. It’d be interesting to compare and contrast.

On the boxing stuff, I was never trying to knock Mike Tyson, he certainly is one of the best and arguably the most influential boxer ever, but when you're comparing him to other all-time greats there are a lot of holes in his resume:

1) He was essentially washed by his late twenties. Compare this with other all-time great boxers who were still fighting at a high level well into their 30s

2) He never fought and defeated any other all-time great in their prime. This is why so many people have a Muhammad Ali as the GOAT. He was fighting during what many people consider to be the best era for the heavyweight division and ighting all-time greats like George Foreman and Joe Frazier in their prime.

This is also one of the criticisms of Floyd Mayweather. Yes, he's undefeated and had incredible longevity but he picked and chose who he fought and openly avoided certain opponents.

Yes, Mike Tyson was dominant for a period, but who was he defeating? The moment he fought the other greats from his era (Lennox Lewis and evander holyfield) he got destroyed and was completely outclassed.

Back to basketball, this is why some people knock LeBron's Finals runs in the east. They'll say "Yeah he made the finals every year but the East was weak"

Contrast this with Kobe and his Lakers runs. I think people underrate just how difficult of a path the Kobe/ Shaq and Kobe/ Pau Gasol Lakers teams had.

There were multiple Finals runs where the Lakers played four 50 win teams

Last edited:
An injury prone center who misses games frequently. Who in these very playoffs got hurt and looked like he would miss games and actually faded pretty badly in the 2nd half of most, if not all of the games in his elimination series.

You guys are being extremely short-sighted.

Sixers on the verge of becoming a bottom feeder if they **** around and get rid of Simmons for the **** trades some of you are proposing and then WebEmbiid (shout-out to I think nickman, great name) either leaves or misses significant time due to injury.
Nobody is being short sighted :lol:

I'm sorry but to think the Sixers fall off a cliff if they replace Brogdon with Ben is crazy. Bottom feeder? Cmon man :lol:

To think that team without Ben Simmons loses significant financial projections (even with Embiid missing games) is crazy. They are still selling merchandise and playoff tickets without him.

Ben is nice, solid piece. He isn't worth 4 first rounders and a star player to boot. It's delusional to keep believing that

2 1sts?

HONESTLY

in a heartbeat

I should have asked buddy who made up that trade proposal if these are unprotected firsts or not.

Because if they protected, I'm definitely not doing that deal.

If it's 1 unprotected and 1 protected, I'm still not doing that deal.

Two unprotected , I'm thinking that one over for sure.

And that's MY honest answer to you in return.

I hate Clippers management rn. I'm marveled how Rob managed to signed 17 ****** to a 1 year, 1.6 million dollar contract.

The Clippers don't have any cap space and I don't think they can make many moves until they re-sign Kawhi (which makes him waiting to sign even more mind-boggling and inconsiderate).

If they had Kawhi Leonard signed they might have some more maneuverability and might be able to create cap space to make certain moves but until he signs, the Clippers are just playing the waiting game.

I just don't understand what he's waiting for. He's already going to get the max and he's only hurting his team by prolonging this.

Last edited:
We constantly give Myrie **** for the odd things he does but Kawhi has made his fair share of mind bottling moves, which are all actually basketball related, throughout the years.

Nobody is being short sighted :lol:

I'm sorry but to think the Sixers fall off a cliff if they replace Brogdon with Ben is crazy. Bottom feeder? Cmon man :lol:

To think that team without Ben Simmons loses significant financial projections (even with Embiid missing games) is crazy. They are still selling merchandise and playoff tickets without him.

Ben is nice, solid piece. He isn't worth 4 first rounders and a star player to boot. It's delusional to keep believing that
If you get rid of Embiid and -name redacted-, yes that’s a bottom feeder with just brogdon.

literally replace -name redacted- with a dude who can throw an entry pass

We constantly give Myrie **** for the odd things he does but Kawhi has made his fair share of mind bottling moves, which are all actually basketball related, throughout the years.

Kawhi Leonard is arguably the least criticized all-time great athlete from this era. If you think about it, he didn't really start getting criticism of any kind until he got to the Clippers.

Kawhi Leonard is just as cold, calculated and demanding as LeBron and Durant He's just quieter about it.

Winning is going to have a greater impact on your bottom line than Ben Simmons and his jersey sales, pictures in promos for nationally televised games or being linked to Kardashians/Jenners. Brogdon gives you a better chance of winning than Benjamin. It’s not that hard to understand where everyone is coming from.

And it's not that hard to understand that despite his deficiencies, Ben has helped the Sixers get to the playoffs and be a considerable threat every year he's been there.

Does getting Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks guarantee a title?

Likely not. So we're going to be doing the same winning that we did WITH Ben but maybe be on TV less, sell less merchandise, have less of a profile, and draw less fan interest for ticket sales and such?

Get me another all-star to replace Ben and I'll pull the trigger in a heartbeat. But I'm not doing Brogdon and 2 picks.

Why is THAT so hard to understand?

Can someone who watched Lauri Markkanen regularly explain to me why nobody aside from the hornets is trying to sign him? The kid is only 24 years old, put up almost 14ppg last season on 48% FG, 40% from 3, and 82% from the FT line. Not saying he's putting up star numbers but much worse players are already signed

Can someone who watched Lauri Markkanen regularly explain to me why nobody aside from the hornets is trying to sign him? The kid is only 24 years old, put up almost 14ppg last season on 48% FG, 40% from 3, and 82% from the FT line. Not saying he's putting up star numbers but much worse players are already signed

Simple he wants to much money

Yea Lauri is the goods. Might be inconsistent but he’s better than the Kaminskys and Olynyks. I’m convinced some players just have the wrong agents.

Bro numbers don’t lie y’all worried about the wrong thing winning comes first and then numbers after . I am trading a guy who just averaged 9 points and 33 from the line who ain’t improve in 5 years . You paying brogdon 21 mill next season he averaged 21 last season . You paying Ben 33 mills he’s shooting 33 from the line . Ben Simmons ain’t Luka Zion marketable brogdon and two firsts gets it done majority of Philly fans are taking this trade trust me he literally fits philly team perfect

Again, a lot of you are speaking from a fan's perspective and NOT taking into account that a lot of these owners are businessmen and could give a **** about "winning".

Yeah, they will take winning if it comes their way. But this is ultimately about the almighty dollar for the majority of them at the end of the day.

Even Methodical Management Methodical Management came in here and said the exact same thing.

Telling a businessman that he's focused on the wrong thing (money) and to go focus on winning is hilarious bro. :lol:

Last edited:
If you get rid of Embiid and -name redacted-, yes that’s a bottom feeder with just brogdon.

literally replace -name redacted- with a dude who can throw an entry pass
Yeah if Embiid misses majority or all the season for sure. I'm just saying that roster could probably stay afloat for the shorter injury stints Embiid tends to have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom