2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea Lauri is the goods. Might be inconsistent but he’s better than the Kaminskys and Olynyks. I’m convinced some players just have the wrong agents.

the few times I've watched the Bulls in the last year or so it didn't seem like the coaching staff believed in him very much. They'd throw him in the game and if he made 1 or 2 bad plays he was pulled. For a young guy who should be developing and scores almost 15 points in 25 min a night, you'd think he'd get way more burn.

5ipxzu.jpg

Last edited:
Bro nobody is losing significant dollars over this. This happened a million times with all the injuries this past season.

I remember seeing Schroeder himself on one 😆

Long term brud.

And if Schroeder was on one, that meant LBJ and AD were both hurt and other than Laker fans, who's tuning in to see Schroeder ball?

Let's be real.

Long term brud.

And if Schroeder was on one, that meant LBJ and AD were both hurt and other than Laker fans, who's tuning in to see Schroeder ball?

Let's be real.
Probably not alot of course :lol:

As an owner I'm trading Ben and still collecting my profits long term. We see it different and that's cool

I'll leave it at that because I don't want to burn anymore keystrokes on Ben while he's probably face down somewhere in Maya Jama without a care rn :smh:

The Spurs should have gone after Markkanen, instead they wanted young and first round pick to take on that other guy……

Cs, blazers, jazz, clippers should all be looking at Markkanen, he can play had some back luck with injuries. Can def see this guy level up

And it's not that hard to understand that despite his deficiencies, Ben has helped the Sixers get to the playoffs and be a considerable threat every year he's been there.

Does getting Malcolm Brogdon and 2 picks guarantee a title?

Likely not. So we're going to be doing the same winning that we did WITH Ben but maybe be on TV less, sell less merchandise, have less of a profile, and draw less fan interest for ticket sales and such?

Get me another all-star to replace Ben and I'll pull the trigger in a heartbeat. But I'm not doing Brogdon and 2 picks.

Why is THAT so hard to understand?

I’m not sure if it was you but we’ve talked ad nauseam about Ben’s poor playoff performance. Just last year Brogdon put up 22/4/10 in the playoffs. He put up 21/5/6 this regular season. Compare that to Ben’s 14/7/7 this season (which are actually regressions from his previous seasons. Then he puts up 12/8/8 on 62/0/34 splits this postseason. You’ve got to be kidding me that Brogdon is a regression, man. Ben hasn’t gotten better in the regular season since he’s gotten in the league and he’s been consistently trash in the postseason bro.

Again, a lot of you are speaking from a fan's perspective and NOT taking into account that a lot of these owners are businessmen and could give a **** about "winning".

Yeah, they will take winning if it comes their way. But this is ultimately about the almighty dollar for the majority of them at the end of the day.

Even meth came in here and said the exact same thing.

Telling a businessman that he's focused on the wrong thing (money) and to go focus on winning is hilarious bro. :lol:

Yes, Benjamin is an all-star but you’re acting like he’s some big draw. Philly fans have given up on him because they know the jig is up. Look at who the Bucks just won with outside Giannis. It’s about putting the pieces in place to compete for a championship, not this “star power”. And Benjamin ain’t even a star like that.

I was going to challenge your post until I did my due diligence and saw this
1628201036490.png

Well I’ll be damned.

Any thoughts from anyone on what the Sixers record would be if Malcolm Brogdon led the team with no Joel Embiid? :nerd:

Nobody is being short sighted :lol:

I'm sorry but to think the Sixers fall off a cliff if they replace Brogdon with Ben is crazy. Bottom feeder? Cmon man :lol:

To think that team without Ben Simmons loses significant financial projections (even with Embiid missing games) is crazy. They are still selling merchandise and playoff tickets without him.

Ben is nice, solid piece. He isn't worth 4 first rounders and a star player to boot. It's delusional to keep believing that

I'm starting to get back to knowing who's who in terms of practical posting and I think you're one of the better posters.

So for you to not see where I said the Sixers COULD become bottom feeders if they traded Ben for Brog AND if Embiid gets hurt and/or leaves......

Meaning the Sixers just have a roster of Tobias, Brogdon, Danny Green, Shake, Seth, Drum .... you really think that's above heading to being a bottom feeder franchise?

Depending on where Simmons lands I think there’s a good chance he isn’t even an all-star next year.

Barely made it last year with Doc vouching for his ***

I'm starting to get back to knowing who's who in terms of practical posting and I think you're one of the better posters.

So for you to not see where I said the Sixers COULD become bottom feeders if they traded Ben for Brog AND if Embiid gets hurt and/or leaves......

Meaning the Sixers just have a roster of Tobias, Brogdon, Danny Green, Shake, Seth, Drum .... you really think that's above heading to being a bottom feeder franchise?

You right I’d be cool being less than 500 record with Ben payigg him between 35-40 mil to average single triples and choke during playoff series . Rather play Malcolm as pg and have theyblulle onthe defensive side for 10-15 mill cheaper. I’m taking the guy who’s steadily improved through out the years over the guy who got worse throughout the years . One of the worst playoff appearances in nba history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom