2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically where does Shroeder go? OKC in tank mode so I doubt they want him.

He now has to fire his barber and his agent .

why not brogdon coming of his career best season . He fits the team and is traditionallpg . Guy averaged 21 6 5 38 from three and 88 from the line . Add two first rounders and ur set

Bro, would you trade Dame for Brogdon and 2 picks?

Beal for Brogdon and 2 picks?

Even Julius Randle for Brogdon and 2 picks?

Kyrie? Levine? Book? PG? Any of them for Brogdon and 2 picks?

Y'all just being low-key disrespectful or maybe simply have clouded judgment and don't even realize it. :lol:

Brogdon puts up good numbers but has never even been an all star.

Whether you guys like it or not, Simmons is a name that generates fan interest and justifies ticket prices, gate attraction, and tv ratings.

Brogdon ain't doing none of that extra ****. This is a business and Brogdon's ROI is NOT enough to justify trading him for Ben. :smh:

And no hate, bc I think Malcolm is a pretty good player.

You still rockin with the NBA radio on XM? …I still got it cuz it’s basically free but I get annoyed after listening for more than 10-15 mins …Switched stations so fast when I heard Rick Kamla’s voice earlier today :lol: :smh:

Same. I rarely listen to NBA Radio anymore. Too many dudes I don’t like, including Kamla. Him, Termine, Amin El Hassan, all trash. And the ex-players they have on there like Rick Mahorn and Reggie Theus are just kind of whatever.

228446429_4958364490858702_3427555141948984654_n.jpg

Y'all just being low-key disrespectful or maybe simply have clouded judgment and don't even realize it. :lol:

Whether you guys like it or not, Simmons is a name that generates fan interest and justifies ticket prices, gate attraction, and tv ratings.

Brogdon ain't doing none of that extra ****. This is a business and Brogdon's ROI is NOT enough to justify trading him for Ben. :smh:

Ben isn't anywhere near as good or valuable as any of those other guys you named.

As for being box office...ppl coming through the turnstiles to see him pass up on a dunk when Trae Young in the paint, shoot 10 shots a game or shoot 40% from the line? C'mon man.

A very high majority of us don’t have to deal with that at all :lol:

I do.

My morning routine is doing breathing treatments for the mild case of Black Lung I have from the smog, fighting a horde of homeless people off with a stick to get from my porch to my car, checking the traffic report to figure out how I can avoid all the fires on the way to work and praying for there no to be an earthquake. It's rough out here in West Los Angeles!

None of those guys ever averaged 9 points in a series and shot 33 percent from the line stop it . Triple single Simmons got worse throughout the years stop it . All the people you named shoot better 3 pt percentage than Ben did on the ft In the hawks series . Dame and Beal lmaoooooooooooooo

which team was better? 2008 or 2012 team usa?
Supermax. Nah
Nah he’s out Process is over 5 years to shoot 40 percent from the line. But he got better at setting picks though bro
Embiid not turning down a supermax in top 5 market with them ticking time bomb knees.

People really need to stop thinking these black men in their 20s are going to turn down the Supermax to chase a championship. Dudes like Steph and Giannis are lucky they get their cake and can eat it too but if you can’t compete for a compete for a championship even a dummy knows the move is to secure the bag and if **** isn’t popping just force your way out mid-extension.

Yes, you have to waste a season or two but your can’t be turning down Supermax money during your prime of a career that only last like 15 years. I know folks were talmbout the endorsements and whatever you get for winning a title but it’s not making up for what you’re leaving on the table. Additionally, I believe you’re leaving a year on the table too when you have a career that could end/change in five seconds.

Ask John Wallet. PG is lucky in that regard that he bounced back like nothing happened. Adolf Hayward has just benefitted from OG colorway privilege.

Worst fans in the league

agreed, their teams success dictates their moods. it's weird how pro sports has an effect on them the way it does

Still hilarious to this day :rofl:

I love basketball and football as much as anyone but as I’ve gotten older, I have realized that a lot of folks take sports WAY too seriously. And that goes for both fandom as well as hating players. I feel there’s a large contingent of folks who care more about sports than their jobs. CEO bankrupts your company which puts you out of a job and people have no words for him. But let their squads QB throw 4 picks in a blowout loss and it’s all sort of “FU”s and “I hope you die”s. It’s weird to me.

I wouldn't exactly call it unfair like Robert horry is saying but it is weird.

What does Kawhi Leonard want? The Clippers are already offering him any type of contract he wants, why is he waiting to sign? Is he actually talking to other teams?

It just seems to me like he's trying to take advantage of the situation because he knows he has all the leverage. Maybe he'll get Steve Balmer to give him some Microsoft shares 🤷🏿‍♂️

I think it's funny that the 2004 Lakers are viewed as some type of abject failure and they've become kind of a punching line when describing older teams.

That team still made the NBA finals despite all of the injuries and dysfunction. Most teams would be lucky to make it that far.

Still one of my favorite Lakers teams ever.

lakers-last-stand-will-kobe-leave-whill-shaq-stay-will-phil-may-17-2004-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not going to go into a deep back and forth about it, but judging by the last few responses from multiple posters, I see that most of you couldn't care less about the big picture. :lol:

To deny that ESPN will put a picture of Simmons up to promote an upcoming NATIONALLY TELEVISED game..... or for 2020, Ben Simmons had the #11 jersey sales, for 2019 he was #9 (not in top 15 for 2021).... or that just in April, for 2021 he was ranked seventh on the top 25 under 25 list.....

And you throwing out multiple question marks as if the reasons I listed are sooooo ridiculous?

Yeah, aiight. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom