2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in the NFL players generally opt for the biggest bag as opposed to taking less to play with each other. Generally. There's always exceptions, but in the NFL your literal life could be altered in one play. Secure the bag first and foremost.

Yep,you could end up in a Dak situation with a bad injury

I feel there's no doubt Easterby is going to get that gig. Nice knowing you here in Houston Deshaun.

The NBA became a year round sport these last few years because of free agency and trades.

What ya'll rather these owners continue cheating players like property?

And we need to stop using "well you took the money" as a way to tell players be quiet. Of course he took the money it's the NFL, owners got all kinds of ways to do players dirty, low ball them, release them whenever. These players are who sell tickets, jerseys, drive up TV ratings. They should have some say in their careers. Last week **** Vermil said something like Deshaun seemed like a good kid coming out of college, he's disappointed in Deshaun or whatever. So because he's not allowing himself to be controlled that's a problem? Even Brett Favre the biggest diva QB we've ever seen had the nerve to criticize him. He's on a subpar franchise that's only getting worse and he wants out. If Deshaun turned into a underperforming QB what would the Texans do with him?

as a fan, I think there should be a balance between the nba contract situation and what the nfl has

like shouldn’t be a franchise tag.. but you could have transition tags.. or have restricted free agency for rookies where teams can choose to match offers made in like year 4 or guys can decide to play on the 4th year of deal

also don’t think rookie deals should be 5 years.. let all rookies be eligible for extension after year 3, hell let them be eligible after year 2.. and then year 4 is the restricted year where guys can kinda be free agents

but guys should be negotiating player options, then if teams are doing BS they have power

Last edited:
The NBA became a year round sport these last few years because of free agency and trades.

What ya'll rather these owners continue cheating players like property?

And we need to stop using "well you took the money" as a way to tell players be quiet. Of course he took the money it's the NFL, owners got all kinds of ways to do players dirty, low ball them, release them whenever. These players are who sell tickets, jerseys, drive up TV ratings. They should have some say in their careers. Last week **** Vermil said something like Deshaun seemed like a good kid coming out of college, he's disappointed in Deshaun or whatever. So because he's not allowing himself to be controlled that's a problem? Even Brett Favre the biggest diva QB we've ever seen had the nerve to criticize him. He's on a subpar franchise that's only getting worse and he wants out. If Deshaun turned into a underperforming QB what would the Texans do with him?
Deshaun knew that organization/front office was trash and still decided to resign. I’m all for them getting paid and and getting their bag, but don’t sign your deal and less than a year later cry that you wanna get traded because you’re not happy.

If you’re willing to sign a deal, be prepared that you may have to live that contract out. If you don’t want that and want to “bet on yourself,” keep signing minimal deals. I understand it’s the NFL and one play can change your career, but you can’t just be signing your name on long term deals then get mad you’re in a long term deal :lol:

Deshaun knew that organization/front office was trash and still decided to resign. I’m all for them getting paid and and getting their bag, but don’t sign your deal and less than a year later cry that you wanna get traded because you’re not happy.

If you’re willing to sign a deal, be prepared that you may have to live that contract out. If you don’t want that and want to “bet on yourself,” keep signing minimal deals. I understand it’s the NFL and one play can change your career, but you can’t just be signing your name on long term deals then get mad you’re in a long term deal :lol:

Bruh, rarely is anybody gonna turn that money down as a NFL player. Get your bread and deal with everything else later.

QB trade rumors bout to heat up in the next few days as these GMs get hot and bothered with the approaching long weekend :nerd:

Cousins situation is different because the skins ain't wanna make that type of investment in him. Deshaun got the deal QB's dream about. That type of money and you can be a UFA still in your prime.

i know.. just trying think of anyone who turned down money.. cousins and dak never really got market price deals, both the WTFs and dallas tried to get discounts

dallas and other people still trying sell people on dak accepting a deal because what other people can pay him for just playing for the cowboys

Bruh, rarely is anybody gonna turn that money down as a NFL player. Get your bread and deal with everything else later.
I get that. Get your money. But if you’re knowingly and willingly signing a contract with a ****ty organization, be prepared that you may have to live out that deal. If they don’t trade you at your request, don’t ***** and moan about it

Screenshot_20210210-101325_Photos.jpg

Yeah I'll agree with this sentiment when NFL teams move to guaranteed contracts. Until that happens **** ****ty run organizations. If they can randomly get out of a long term contract whenever they please it should be a two way street. If a player can get cut for no longer performing and not get his money then a player should also be able to dictate if he wants to leave if an organization isn't living up to its part. It's just an excuse for lazy organizations to continue to be lazy and not make necessary changes to get better.

Last edited:
as a fan, I think there should be a balance between the nba contract situation and what the nfl has

like shouldn’t be a franchise tag.. but you could have transition tags.. or have restricted free agency for rookies where teams can choose to match offers made in like year 4 or cause can decide to play on the 4th year of deal

also don’t think rookie deals should be 5 years.. let all rookies be eligible for extension after year 3, hell let them be eligible after year 2.. and then year 4 is the restricted year where guys can kinda be free agents

but guys should be negotiating player options, then if teams are doing BS they have power

you took the words out my mouth with the balance between the nba and nfl contract situations.

nfl contracts are non guaranteed so I don’t blame players for taking a hardline approach and doing what’s best for their career given how short a nfl career can be and how these organizations will just discard of a player when their production declines or expect them to restructure the deal signed in “the best interest of the organization”. Owners can’t have their cake and eat it too with non guaranteed contracts. If a player doesn’t perform he gets cut. The flip side of that is if a player over performs or they’re not satisfied with their organization and they have the leverage to demand better, they’re within reason to do what’s necessary for their best interest

in all honesty though. The NFLPA needs to stop bending over and taking it with no lube when these collective bargaining agreements are almost up and it’s time to negotiate. The NBA has had two lockouts since 1998, the nhl missed an entire season and half of another season since 2004, mlb had the strike in 1994. Point being. The players in these respective leagues were willing to miss games in hopes of landing favorable terms when negotiating.

Until NFL players collectively are wiling to do similar and the NFLPA does something to hold down lesser paid players so they don’t go into panic mode once those checks stop coming, the owners are going to dog walk them at the negotiating table every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom