2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that account for streaming services? It would be interesting to track how many TVs started with the game and then turned it to something else in the second half.

At least on paper this had all the makings of an all time great but it was mostly decided by halftime.
streaming was up, which makes sense. Thats causing the dip.

Its just so odd to me. Being on the TV advertising side, I get why streaming is up because thats the popular wave for a big demo.

But man, we're in quarantine for the most part. What else are you doing if not watching the game?

Its scary to see numbers for live programming dipping at a time a lot of people are essentially home for the most part. 10 years ago, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel with advertising rates we could charge.

Hate to admit it but those Trumplicans who said they are taking a hard stance against the NFL and NBA really are going through with it.

He juuuust signed that fat *** deal. He knew how (inept) the organization/front office was, but he said **** it and still went ahead to sign the deal. Surprised the Texans aren’t caving in and I hope they continue to do so.

He vouched for Bill O’Brien after they blew a 24-0 lead with a chance to host an AFC title game. THAT was the time to address how abysmal things are ran. He had the inside track to give to start fixing the problems and give the boot O’Brien (and thus, not trade Hopkins), but he chose to firmly back him, and now, here we are.

streaming was up, which makes sense. Thats causing the dip.

Its just so odd to me. Being on the TV advertising side, I get why streaming is up because thats the popular wave for a big demo.

But man, we're in quarantine for the most part. What else are you doing if not watching the game?

Its scary to see numbers for live programming dipping at a time a lot of people are essentially home for the most part. 10 years ago, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel with advertising rates we could charge.

Hate to admit it but those Trumplicans who said they are taking a hard stance against the NFL and NBA really are going through with it.

How are cable subscriber numbers though? I'd imagine covid might have more people cutting the cord and opting to stream instead.

How are cable subscriber numbers though? I'd imagine covid might have more people cutting the cord and opting to stream instead.

I just went back to cable. Some of the deals now are cheaper than what I was paying for my internet and youtube tv.

continues to dip. I figured Covid would do the opposite and attract people back to the cord, unless you lost your job.

I think it’s a matter of time before NFL turns into the NBA with guys “controlling their career.”

until they get rid of franchise tags, ain’t going really happen

plus fans are loyal-er to teams in nfl.. plus harder to make up money off field

but depends on guy and how far they’re prepared to go.. like elway and eli in draft or leveon

Also in the NFL players generally opt for the biggest bag as opposed to taking less to play with each other or in a certain city. Generally. There's always exceptions, but in the NFL your literal life could be altered in one play. Secure the bag first and foremost.

Last edited:
Dont know if your in character or not but agreed. Can't let nfl turn into the nba and now Russell throwing his line under the bus smh

The NBA became a year round sport these last few years because of free agency and trades.

What ya'll rather these owners continue cheating players like property?

And we need to stop using "well you took the money" as a way to tell players be quiet. Of course he took the money it's the NFL, owners got all kinds of ways to do players dirty, low ball them, release them whenever. These players are who sell tickets, jerseys, drive up TV ratings. They should have some say in their careers. Last week **** Vermil said something like Deshaun seemed like a good kid coming out of college, he's disappointed in Deshaun or whatever. So because he's not allowing himself to be controlled that's a problem? Even Brett Favre the biggest diva QB we've ever seen had the nerve to criticize him. He's on a subpar franchise that's only getting worse and he wants out. If Deshaun turned into a underperforming QB what would the Texans do with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom