2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain more about this? You generally come off so reasonable and level headed. Your Westbrook appreciate legitimately has me mystified.

I liked him back in college. I thought his motor and intensity was great. I actually thought he would be a better defensive player than ended up being which you can probably blame to a lack of discipline cuz he should be an elite defender based on his physical abilities. I like that thunder team and Russ was the guy like the most. Some of the things you can do. Athletically were outrageous. He's one of the more physically gifted NBA players I've ever seen. And despite some of it being by design and some of it him hunting, the triple double season was impressive. His MVP season was impressive and generally the effort intensity that he always played with was impressive. And I think part of it is that I generally try to be more level-headed and but sometimes you Just have a guy you like. Even though he makes boneheaded plays and lacks discipline and typically shouldn't ever shoot a three pointer but he still shoots them. House. I think there's a bit of contrarian in me too that a lot of people turned on them and a lot just justifiably point out his flaws which is fair. But plenty of NBA players have huge flaws and I never excused them I just think the good typically outweight the bad and I appreciated what he was rather than what people wanted him to be. Of course, a point guard who doesn't take care of the ball doesn't shoot three-pointers well, should Of course, a point guard who doesn't take care of the ball doesn't shoot three-pointers well Is it an enormous problem and I can understand people's complaints on that

He's a very flawed and the a player but so are most of them besides the elites of the elites and even then they fall off Russ's fall off happened. Pretty dramatically in terms of his efficiency then they fall off Russ's fall off happened. Pretty dramatically but I still love the guy. Apologies for this long rambling speak to text diatribe on Russell Westbrook but he's the man. Let Rusty Russ no what the Russ b Russ I guess that works

that velocity that he generates with his arms
he definitely can be a qb or next great pitcher
lil bruh knocking someone out if they talking slick

that slap speed and force is elite. hope nobody tests his pimp hand in kindergarten.

So....

who really the daddy?
Screenshot_20220702-222638_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220702-222607_Google.jpg
joe koi and cassidy hubbarth his mom. literal paradox

Off-season, trade season, KD, kyrie, gobert

And we talking about a kid (Kidd’s) head size.

Kyrie trade is great for the Lakers considering their position. But why are the Nets doing this? Why are they taking back Westbrook? I don’t get it.

Kyrie trade is great for the Lakers considering their position. But why are the Nets doing this? Why are they taking back Westbrook? I don’t get it.
Market

Options for them seem to be:

1) Take Westbrook and the pick (in theory is a very very valuable pick bc it will be after the lebron era- and if you think of how bad laker management is, will be top 10).
Or
2) keep kyrie, have him mope, cry, whine all year and then he leaves.

Plus I think nets want to desperately come off of Joe Harris contract and lakers are desperate enough to take him. (His ankle might be done done)

Kyrie to lakers was never a possibility if kyrie was normal

Skepticism on Kyrie amongst the rest of the league.

Get rid of Kyrie headache (little to no trade value), attach Harris/Curry to get off more salary, he's a "name".

Market

Options for them seem to be:

1) Take Westbrook and the pick (in theory is a very very valuable pick bc it will be after the lebron era- and if you think of how bad laker management is, will be top 10).
Or
2) keep kyrie, have him mope, cry, whine all year and then he leaves.

Plus I think nets want to desperately come off of Joe Harris contract and lakers are desperate enough to take him. (His ankle might be done done)

Kyrie to lakers was never a possibility if kyrie was normal
Ok so the pick is great? I guess that explains it. Taking back that contract just seems hugely painful. I wouldn’t do that just to get off Kyrie.

Ok so the pick is great? I guess that explains it. Taking back that contract just seems hugely painful. I wouldn’t do that just to get off Kyrie.
It works for both parties. Doesn't make sense to have a player that doesn't want to be there. Nets have a player they don't want, the Lakers do as well. You get an asset in the form of a pick that can be exercised or used in a future trade. It's a no brainer.

Nets giving 73 mill dollars (with Joe Harris) over lifetime of contracts vs 47 of Westbrook.

Also Russ will drag you to 35 wins

Also agree with you. Bad trade overall for nets. But there are literally no other trade offers

That’s why I want the deal to go through asap so that the nets don’t realize it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom