2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works for both parties. Doesn't make sense to have a player that doesn't want to be there. Nets have a player they don't want, the Lakers do as well. You get an asset in the form of a pick that can be exercised or used in a future trade. It's a no brainer.
Well you’re basically saying taking on the Westbrook deal is worth a FRP if Kyrie is a net zero asset. I don’t see Kyrie as a negative asset because they’re not saving salary there. And I don’t see Joe Harris as a negative (I.e. we have to pay to trade him) asset either even though he doesn’t make sense for the Nets, someone will be willing to take on a shooter. I get the reasoning and the outcome being ok for the Nets but I think they could do a little better.

west.jpg

I honestly don’t understand all the laughs that were and are coming the Knicks way over the last couple szns. RJ Barrett & Leon Rose, both learning the jobs so of course not perfect but immensely talented at what do, have steadied the boat in the Garden.
4th yr RJ. Team steadily more centered around him, his szn efficiency will start low but get better as months go on. His quickest way to his 1st AS game to run him primarily at 2 next to JB. Absolutely no more ball handling duties needed by Dubious Handle.

Obi Toppin looking like a better version of his Dayton self. Ppl cried at the situation between he & Randle, myself included, but in the long run Obi’s going to be better for it.

The 2021 draft picks to develop. Quentin Grimes, Deuce McBride, Joku & the freakishly athaletic Jericho Sims. All very possible additions to this longterm nucleus.

Mitch Rob locked up to anchor the defense on a very agreeable contract.

And a point guard ready to unlock them all today. Still Deuce gang but so many factors were up against homie that are out of son’s control. He’ll get his time to shine soon enough.

JB was a great bargain. No one will be laughing when the Knicks are flirting with the playoffs again & their best player still 22 yrs young.
Dubious Handle is kind of the x-factor.

While his days as a Knicks are numbered, the likelihood of it being before the szn starts is low.

Get him somewhere in between last yr & that MIP contract yr facade & dump him 1st chance.

With Russ you get a future hof'r who will play 75 games during the regular season and average 20-8-10. Plus you get an expiring 47 mil off your books, 2 first rd picks, and possibly even THT.

How can BKN say no when nobody else want Kyrie like that

Just a matter of time.
20220702_182446.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-212719_Chrome.jpg

Well kyrie to lakers rumors were fun while they lasted.
E92508D6-4BD8-464B-9C98-6582395195F0.jpeg

270502F7-7452-4841-9CB1-E47E6AED2CDC.jpeg
🤣

Like I said how do you know where Kyrie is going or who has interest?

Lets keep watching and talking in context of "IMO" ...

Im not saying Lakers don't have a chance but that trade proposal is booty and IMO the Nets can do better and there are other teams interested.

🤣

Most laker fans have been under assumption that our trade ONLY WORKS if kyrie has made it known he ONLY wants to play with lakers

Otherwise we know that our package of westbrick is garbage

Most laker fans have been under assumption that our trade ONLY WORKS if kyrie has made it known he ONLY wants to play with lakers

Otherwise we know that our package of westbrick is garbage
That assumption was made by some dude in Reddit and Brian. They force the narrative of Lebron KD and the rest of these clueless NBA insiders ran with it. Much like Ian Bagley from the Knicks.

That assumption was made by some dude in Reddit and Brian. They force the narrative of Lebron KD and the rest of these clueless NBA insiders ran with it. Much like Ian Bagley from the Knicks.
A) guys like windhorst said it too

B) it doesn’t matter who said it. We are making that assumption. It may not be 100% true but we are holding onto that hope. It costs us nothing as fans to do so.

It is what it is. I hope it’s true

🤣

Im not saying Lakers don't have a chance but that trade proposal is booty and IMO the Nets can do better and there are other teams interested.
It aint "IMO" when there are reports Kyrie said he wants to play with Bron in LA

Only one way to settle it:

MEYE $100 says Kyrie is traded to the Lakers.

Your $100 says Kyrie is traded to any team not named the Lakers.

Payable thru Venmo.

LMK asap bro

Last edited:
how bad is joe Harris ankle?

think windhorst said Tsai would rather have a gritty team fighting for the play in than deal with the current mess. One thing about Russ, he is going to play hard. Not sure if iq is there and athleticism has fallen off.

how bad is joe Harris ankle?

think windhorst said Tsai would rather have a gritty team fighting for the play in than deal with the current mess. One thing about Russ, he is going to play hard. Not sure if iq is there and athleticism has fallen off.
If they are desperately trying to move Harris, I imagine is real bad.

Earliest projections indicate he won’t be available to play til Feb

🤣

They did it on their little trade website app and it said good trade. NT GMs are in the know bro

If they are desperately trying to move Harris, I imagine is real bad.

Earliest projections indicate he won’t be available to play til Feb
if i am the lakers, i'm not letting that hold up the deal
nets going to wait them out and lakers get off to a slow start and they might have to sweeten the pot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom