2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there ever been an anthropological study into white moms obsession with Jayden? Jaylen?

My theory is they feel pressure to give their kids a "black" sounding name
but they don't want it to be "too black"
and trigger their racist dad who just got over the fact that his daughter with a black guy.

like Jayden Jaylen, he can just call him Jay and not feel too bad about it
but if you named him like Barkevious and he may have a stroke.
Yea. There was only one Jalen around prior to Jalen Rose at Michigan. There was the rise in the name post 1995

Yea. There was only one Jalen around prior to Jalen Rose at Michigan. There was the rise in the name post 1995

Well yes, I know that,

I'm talking about why white moms seem so attracted to that name.

I know 3 Jaylens/ Jayden's they all black dad white moms.

Well yes, I know that,

I'm talking about why white moms seem so attracted to that name.

I know 3 Jaylens/ Jayden's they all black dad white moms.
While you do see it a lot with interracial relationships, I think in general younger women black and white seems to like those names for some reason. I’ve seen tons of black kids named Jayden, jaylen jalen etc. it’s just a popular sounding name

Now a name like Kaden is 100% from a white parent lol

Nets want both picks.
Lakers only want to give up 1 (with the uncertainty around Harris).

Show will probably end up caving especially if they can get the Nets to give up Seth as well.

Unfortunately this is the norm. It’s not enough to be a fan of an NBA player or team-you have to actively put others down. We need to change that as fans.
People aren't fans of sports, they are a fan of spectacle. Never gonna stop saying it.

Reactions: HIM
BallSack strikes again
dame2.png

I can and I will. Everything improves with time. You gonna sit here and tell me that a car from 1955 is better than a car now? a TV? A house? A plane?

I'm sorry you love old people but the facts are what the facts are. Dudes out here shooting like that Hey Arnold episode and I am supposed to be impressed... Nah

Blind Shot Hey Arnold GIF - Blind Shot Hey Arnold Tucker Wittenberg GIFs
to be fair as an old head food doesnt taste as good as it use to

THEY won't like this.

People make the ridiculous argument that Steph ruined basketball but tbh, he ruined 2k. video games were already exaggerated versions of the real thing (even the most sim games), but when there’s a real NBA human player who can shoot the way Steph does, what do you do in the game? You have to allow gamers to replicate that(and some) in the game. So now you have millions of 2k builds that can shoot 90% from 34 feet out. Rec has been unplayable for years, unless you have four teammates in a party who understand how to play basketball.

People make the ridiculous argument that Steph ruined basketball but tbh, he ruined 2k. video games were already exaggerated versions of the real thing (even the most sim games), but when there’s a real NBA human player who can shoot the way Steph does, what do you do in the game? You have to allow gamers to replicate that(and some) in the game. So now you have millions of 2k builds that can shoot 90% from 34 feet out. Rec has been unplayable for years, unless you have four teammates in a party who understand how to play basketball.
Reminds of when everyone used to use Michael Vick on Madden back in the day.

I remember the year that 2k added in Steph Range to the game. Legit felt like I was playing NBA street. I have been picking the Warriors as my 2k team since Stephs rookie year (playing ranked with Bad teams>Playing with good ones) and that year was the year I stopped using GSW, also the last year I really played 2k like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom