2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna go on record now and say I am in on the Timberwolves. Top 4 seed coming. No more Rudy Gobert Slander after this one now that there will be competent wing defenders around. DLO will look better. Gobert & KAT cover each others flaws well. Antman is the future.

THIS is 100% worth the risk to me.

Welcome aboard. It’s going to be a tremendous season.

Uh, he tore his acl lol before that he was always on the court blocking shots and getting rebounds

Not sure how that would be a miserable fit

He’s also improving his outside shot
He's had one season where he played more than 50 games. Hasn't played 70 games in the last three years.

Block rates never over 4%. He's not really markedly better as a rim protector at any point of his career than Christian Wood has been across most advanced metrics.

He's just not very good defensively and he's certainly not a high-level rebounder.
Blocking shots and getting rebounds?

Thomas Bryant? Must be two of em
x10000

This was the original post

3A83DD1D-D034-4C54-AF28-5C7C3BDE109A.jpeg

He was just caught up his team potentially winning. That’s all

I wanna go on record now and say I am in on the Timberwolves. Top 4 seed coming. No more Rudy Gobert Slander after this one now that there will be competent wing defenders around. DLO will look better. Gobert & KAT cover each others flaws well. Antman is the future.

THIS is 100% worth the risk to me. The Wolves should go get Hermangomez too and make some money off that. Its easy money sitting right there.

Welcome aboard. It’s going to be a tremendous season.

Phoenix, Memphis, Golden State and Dallas were the Top 4 seeds last season. Utah and Denver finished ahead of Minny (7 seed) last year by 3 and 2 games, respectively. I don’t think it’s that far fetched for them to finish Top 4.

He's had one season where he played more than 50 games. Hasn't played 70 games in the last three years.

Block rates never over 4%. He's not really markedly better as a rim protector at any point of his career than Christian Wood has been across most advanced metrics.

He's just not very good defensively and he's certainly not a high-level rebounder.

x10000
So you’d rather pay McGee the full mle and not take your chances with a center at vet min?

McGee is a nice backup I’ve said it since last season but giving him that slot doesn’t make sense to me

So you’d rather pay McGee the full mle and not take your chances with a center at vet min?

McGee is a nice backup I’ve said it since last season but giving him that slot doesn’t make sense to me
I think McGee's contract is imminently moveable if the need arises and I don't think there's a wing option out there that would move the needle if they split the MLE - which they would've had to do with Hardy's contract regardless.

What wing option has signed for a ~$5m starting salary or whatever this offseason that would've been a good add for you?

I don't see one.

Imagine being criticized for a documented history of racist, insensitive, scummy posts and describing it as a “hate boner”.

The nerve :smh:
If you have the time to dig through the post history of most of people in this thread you’ll probably find stuff that’s not kosher. I’m not perfect. But whatever.

THIS is 100% worth the risk to me. The Wolves should go get Hermangomez too and make some money off that. Its easy money sitting right there.

Still not buying KAT defending 4s full time. Defense wasn’t Minnesota’s problem. They could have used another playmaker and seeing what brogdon went for, I would have gone in that direction. Rudy the biggest scammer of all time

I think McGee's contract is imminently moveable if the need arises and I don't think there's a wing option out there that would move the needle if they split the MLE - which they would've had to do with Hardy's contract regardless.

What wing option has signed for a ~$5m starting salary or whatever this offseason that would've been a good add for you?

I don't see one.
House (minimum), Rubio, Brown and Ingles all signed for the 6.5 exception

I'm going to assume Dallas had no chance at signing them... but... McGee taking that slot... it kind of hurts seeing those other guys getting the same damb thing :smh:

Not to mention Drummond got the minimum... and Cousins still out there...
If McGee is traded for a wing then I take it all back

But seeing how everyone improved defensively last season , someone like Bryant wouldn’t surprise me to see his defense get even better too

Still not buying KAT defending 4s full time. Defense wasn’t Minnesota’s problem. They could have used another playmaker and seeing what brogdon went for, I would have gone in that direction. Rudy the biggest scammer of all time

I think 4’s are going to have a hard time defending KAT. Let’s look at the glass half full.

my guy bball paul is ready for some extended time this year.. obv its summer league but i think he is too good for it.. hopefully he only playing in this utah version of SL

I think 4’s are going to have a hard time defending KAT. Let’s look at the glass half full.
If he’s posting up, where is Rudy? Vanderbilt wasn’t a floor spacer either but he wasn’t playing more than 2 quarters. He wasn’t really closing games. You just didn’t trade 4 picks for a guy you can’t close with, right?

KAT going to be shooting 8 of them a game again but that’s fine

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: HIM
for KD yes
he only wants to play for #1 seeds
But they could be the new #1 seed. I just want to see how it looks with everyone back, to include Kyrie. I think that squad got robbed/robbed themselves of being that team, they had too many weapons, and if KD stays, they still do.

I agree he may struggle with quick 4s but his lack of rim protection was definitely an issue.

I agree he may struggle with quick 4s but his lack of rim protection was definitely an issue.

The twolves had Ja in hell, the most dominant paint scorer in the league. Twolves forced the most turnovers in the league last year.

Rim protection is almost overrated. At least the idea of a guy just blocking shots. Agree or not Rudy as a rim protector is overrated especially in the playoffs

House (minimum), Rubio, Brown and Ingles all signed for the 6.5 exception

I'm going to assume Dallas had no chance at signing them... but... McGee taking that slot... it kind of hurts seeing those other guys getting the same damb thing :smh:

Not to mention Drummond got the minimum... and Cousins still out there...
I just don't get the Bruce Brown love - specifically for what the Mavs need in a perimeter guy as a potential playmaker/ball handler. If your goal is "hey we just need bodies out there" or the desire is just a more athletic player profile, maybe. But he's not a good shooter. He's not a shot creator. He can't space the floor at any level... Where does he find rotation minutes in the playoffs with Tim/Dorian/Bullock/Luka/Dinwiddie? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if I see it.

Regardless, the Mavs couldn't have offered the full TPMLE to Rubio or Brown or Ingles anyways. Some of that money HAD TO BE earmarked to sign Hardy to a multi-year deal and avoid the Brunson UFA nonsense all over again.

I just don't get the Bruce Brown love - specifically for what the Mavs need in a perimeter guy as a potential playmaker/ball handler. If your goal is "hey we just need bodies out there", sure. But does he crack rotation minutes in the playoffs with Tim/Dorian/Bullock/Luka/Dinwiddie? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if I see it.

Regardless, the Mavs couldn't have offered the full TPMLE to Rubio or Brown or Ingles anyways. Some of that money HAD TO BE earmarked to sign Hardy to a multi-year deal and avoid the Brunson UFA nonsense all over again.
Brown could absolutely crack Playoff rotation for Dallas, he's a versatile player/defender. I'd 100% rather have him than McGee

McGee on the other hand might not be playable past the 1st or 2nd round...

Didn't know Rubio or Ingles couldn't be offered? Interesting

Dallas needs an on ball guy but if there aren't any, I'm not gonna throw my only bullet away at a pure center. I'd rather even throw a dart at Lonnie Walker

Sign a pure center with your vet minimum and hope Kidd can get him to play defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom