2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4839455f6b664362714e4c6b66513d3d2d3633303932363938372e313535353062373439346463336239353838333237303737313634302e676966

Sheed is a legend but Eagle $ needs to chill :lol:

If they sent Giannis back to Sheed era he’d be killing them all like the terminator.
knicksrasheedwallacecreditdavidliamkylegettyjpg-7cd7de084b96cc5c.jpg

283bbdc818ff0ef2544023c771ba593f_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:
So it was cool when the Warriors did it but not the Clippers?

What :lol: The original article cited the GSW $346MM bill from last season.

nick. nick. mentioned the Clippers upcoming bill of $335MM and made a comparison to show how small a portion of his net worth that bill is.

EYE defended BOTH the Clippers and Warriors spending in first post. EYE then went on to double down essentially saying that the league should not intervene with the owners who are spending and I explained why people talk about Ballmer’s wealth and how it affects the league/upsets folks despite them not winning.

Where in that sequence did I say that it was cool that GSW gets to overspend but not when the Clippers do it? I said that they both should not be punished for doing so. I also said that it has led GSW to championships and while Clippers have not won yet but they are lucky to be one of the favorites as a result.

Props to both Lacob and Ballmer for putting their money where there mouth is and doing the damn thing :pimp:

Can’t be Giannis without Giannis motor. Rasheed might be borderline overrated

By far one of the most overrated players in that era. Most of the appeal is for his talent and the idea of what he was capable of....not what he actually produced.

The way he's talked about you'd think he was on the same plateau as a Chris Webber...when he's actually closer to Juwan Howard.

What :lol: The original article cited the GSW $346MM bill from last season.

nick. nick. mentioned the Clippers upcoming bill of $335MM and made a comparison to show how small a portion of his net worth that bill is.

EYE defended BOTH the Clippers and Warriors spending in first post. EYE then went on to double down essentially saying that the league should not intervene with the owners who are spending and I explained why people talk about Ballmer’s wealth and how it affects the league/upsets folks despite them not winning.

Where in that sequence did I say that it was cool that GSW gets to overspend but not when the Clippers do it? I said that they both should not be punished for doing so. I also said that it has led GSW to championships and while Clippers have not won yet but they are lucky to be one of the favorites as a result.

Props to both Lacob and Ballmer for putting their money where there mouth is and doing the damn thing :pimp:
I actually believe there should be a hard cap.

But the attention Ballmer is getting when Clippers haven’t won anything is ridiculous.

Lacob smart, Ballmer just throwing money away but he got it to burn tenfold.

I struggle with this one. I think it is easy to say Ballmer is throwing money away since they have not won but they have had some tough breaks in the playoffs, admittedly along with some choke jobs. However, since he has taken over in 2014 they have consistently had an open window and he has done with two completely different eras/roster iterations (Lob City then Kawhi/PG) which is pretty impressive.

I struggle with this one. I think it is easy to say Ballmer is throwing money away since they have not won but they have had some tough breaks in the playoffs, admittedly along with some choke jobs. However, since he has taken over in 2014 they have consistently had an open window and he has done with two completely different eras/roster iterations (Lob City then Kawhi/PG) which is pretty impressive.

Proof in da pudding B. New owner, mo money, same ol Dippers.

Breh Bosh played in this era. That man was getting up 3s when Bron left Miami. He’s a older than Carmelo.
Last time he touched the court was over 6 years ago. Had time to get inducted and everything :lol:

Played most of his prime in the mid to late 00's-early 2010's era when bigs were still required to play a different role and the uber skilled perimeter bigs hadn't become the norm yet.

He'd be tailor made to flourish even more in this current era.

He's not making a dent in his personal fortune with the money he's putting into the Clippers, so even if them going heavy into the tax only marginally increases their chances of winning a title, can't call it "throwing money away". In his relatively short time as owner the team already has gotten further - to the WCF - than they ever did previously. What he's doing is working, but winning an NBA title is hard and takes some breaks and good luck, so they haven't gotten there yet. I'll take them continuing to be in the conversation.

He's not making a dent in his personal fortune with the money he's putting into the Clippers, so even if them going heavy into the tax only marginally increases their chances of winning a title, can't call it "throwing money away". In his relatively short time as owner the team already has gotten further - to the WCF - than they ever did previously. What he's doing is working, but winning an NBA title is hard and takes some breaks and good luck, so they haven't gotten there yet. I'll take them continuing to be in the conversation.

Not only is he not making a dent into his personal fortune…i find it hard to believe that he isn’t making a profit. Especially once the Arena is open.

To be clear - I was in agreement with everything you said :lol: I don’t understand why some people think winning a championship is formulaic or an easy feat/foregone conclusion. Since Ballmer has taken over, the Clippers have mostly assembled rosters that are as competitive as anyone and that is all you can ask for as a fans. It is also why other governors/fans keep “pocket watching” or whatever folks want to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom