2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bosh has never in his career been close to the best at his position in the league.

AD got 4 All NBA selections. And 2 1st team All 1st team defense selections. And the vast majority of that was in New Orleans. He has also proven to be maybe the best Robin in the league on a title team, while Bosh was going scoreless in G7 of a conference finals.

I think something should be done to slow down the highest spenders. The minimum to keep disgruntled owners satisfied. Because the last thing I want to see is enough owners getting behind a full hard cap and forcing a work stoppage.

There should be exceptions for extending players you drafted. Teams shouldn't get punished for good drafting and player development. So the luxury tax hit for extending Wiggins should be much harsher than the one for extending Poole.

I dunno, just guessing on the solution. Small market and cheap owners are always the ones causing the most trouble come CBA time. Gotta be proactive about this issue

Gotta pay the cost to be the boss. Can't be partaking in revenue sharing while reaping the benefits of that from those big spending type teams while simultaneously complaining they have an unfair advantage. The tax penalties are punitive enough but if those owners got it, so what. Half the league ain't trying to compete anyway.

1657647726763.gif

Chaos is on the way :emoji_fire:

To put in perspective how insanely wealthy Ballmer is, the Clippers payroll + tax bill this season will be around $335M. Which is the equivalent of someone with a net worth of $10,000 spending $38.

If Ballmer's shares of Microsoft stock dropped 2%, he would lose more than Lacob's entire net worth.

my God....

This how the yankees ended up winning 27 championships :lol:

At least with basketball there is some Management/Ownership savvy required in the NBA and NFL because there is a salary cap. The Yankees been bankrolling All-Star teams for most, if not all,
of our lives :lol:

Ben Simmons all nba tour on the way

All-NBA what? :lol:

At this point, I do not think anyone can reasonably predict what Benjamin will look like on the court. Out of his first 6 seasons he has missed 2 entirely due to injury :wow: . His most recent season was his worst at 14/7/7 and he is 16/8/8 on his career (3X AS, 2X All-Defense, 1X All-NBA).

It really depends on who is on the roster but if it stays as it is today, he’ll be like 13/8/6. He may average less points and more assists than that because the shots would not (and should not be) there for him with KD, Kyrie, Seth and Patty Mills.

At least with basketball there is some Management/Ownership savvy required in the NBA and NFL because there is a salary cap. The Yankees been bankrolling All-Star teams for most, if not all,
of our lives :lol:

All-NBA what? :lol:

At this point, I do not think anyone can reasonably predict what Benjamin will look like on the court. Out of his first 6 seasons he has missed 2 entirely due to injury :wow: . His most recent season was his worst at 14/7/7 and he is 16/8/8 on his career (3X AS, 2X All-Defense, 1X All-NBA).

It really depends on who is on the roster but if it stays as it is today, he’ll be like 13/8/6. He may average less points and more assists than that because the shots would not (and should not be) there for him with KD, Kyrie, Seth and Patty Mills.
If the take foul is all but eliminated, the 1 man Simmons FB might be a real thing. He might finish instead of passing to avoid the foul

ad doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be generational. He’s probably the best finishing big man I’ve seen. He’s also a better defender than most if not all “#1 options”.

Just because he doesn’t have the ball in his hands constantly and doesn’t create much for others like Jokic doesn’t mean he’s not generational.

That’s the beauty of basketball there are different styles and ways to impact the game. He doesn’t need to put up Jokic numbers to be as good as him. I’ve seen AD outplay Jokic plenty of times.

He is though. He changed his name to Karl Anthony Towns.

Did a quick look at Shard’s prime-ish years (02-03 to 08-09) against KAT’s year 2 through last season and that comparison isn’t far off. Biggest difference is rebounding (KAT is way better) and I think their shot profile. KAT had 2 more FGA per game but he also had 2 more FTA and shot 8 percentage points better on 2PA so I assume KAT is banging more/getting “easier” shots off.

Adjusting to the modern era, Sweet Lew is definitely commanding a max in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom