2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
If KD is really serious about his trade request (assume he is)- his trade value only decreases as time goes on.

Small or an obvious big injury. Less motivation and downgrade in play being misunderstood as Father Time catching up to him. More toxicity from him since he’s emotional etc. all these things will decrease is value. Not to mention you get him early in summer to shape your roster around missing pieces. All these things are the reason why it’s absolutely foolish to think nets should just bring him back to wait for a godfather offer. I get waiting weeks but to think they should wait til March or next summer is dumb.

Teams trading superstars never win the trade on paper. Nets gotta realize that. It’s just damage control right now.

Nice one but the public opinion shifting on AD is only due to his health. Which is justifiable. I can’t argue too much he just needs to play.

Nice one but the public opinion shifting on AD is only due to his health. Which is justifiable. I can’t argue too much he just needs to play.

AD rushed back form an injury, and played thru it….and STILL was called “soft” by a certain segment of fans.

I remember when Bosh was called “soft” too. Seemed to happen in Miami. Dudes were calling him “Christina”. Similar certain segment of fans.

While he was incredible as a 3rd option, and really sacrificed to help his team win. But alas

I think people are just disappointed a bit by AD's career and it's causing them to underrate him.

same dynamic happens with Shaq.

AD rushed back form an injury, and played thru it….and STILL was called “soft” by a certain segment of fans.

I remember when Bosh was called “soft” too. Seemed to happen in Miami. Dudes were calling him “Christina”. Similar certain segment of fans.

While he was incredible as a 3rd option, and really sacrificed to help his team win. But alas
lol

KD gave Steve back to back championships and his achilles and the Steve-hive still ran him off.

winning back to back FMVPs over their golden child was too much for them to stomach lol

He told one of my favorite Larry Legend stories.

Before Mamba Mentality, there was Bird Behavior.

Damn, great story. His hangover comment made think about it and one thing I find really interesting is the shift around how player partying is portrayed in this era. The way the stories have been told, Jordan was out there more than James Harden but I guess he actually won and there were not cameras around (except for some legendary pics/gifs) so it was fine :lol:

But all the stories like the Flu Game being a hangover, Jordan taking limos from NYC to AC and drinking all night then going to the Garden the next day and beasting, drinking 18+ beers while playing multiple rounds of golfs on game day, going on days long benders while making a playoff push, etc….they just don’t happen anymore or we don’t hear about them which is somewhat hard to believe.

Bron trying to bring it back with his Lobos satchel, though :smokin

lol

KD gave Steve back to back championships and his achilles and the Steve-hive still ran him off.

winning back to back FMVPs over their golden child was too much for them to stomach lol

426B36C9-386A-4203-B1E8-48186BD12162.gif

You sat back, typed that..and hit send…thinking you were doing it :lol:

“Steve” “No Finals mvp” talk does not hit the same in 2022.

Do better. Be original. Try harder.

Damn, great story. His hangover comment made think about it and one thing I find really interesting is the shift around how player partying is portrayed in this era. The way the stories have been told, Jordan was out there more than James Harden but I guess he actually won and there were not cameras around (except for some legendary pics/gifs) so it was fine :lol:

But all the stories like the Flu Game being a hangover, Jordan taking limos from NYC to AC and drinking all night then going to the Garden the next day and beasting, drinking 18+ beers while playing multiple rounds of golfs on game day, going on days long benders while making a playoff push, etc….they just don’t happen anymore or we don’t hear about them which is somewhat hard to believe.

Bron trying to bring it back with his Lobos satchel, though :smokin
speaking of Jimbo, I might see him next Sunday again lol

Last edited:

Laugh now. Cry later.

Sean Marks is some years Ahead of the curve, but will be proven right down the line :pimp:

They called Mark Jackson crazy for suggesting the splash bros were the greatest shooting backcourt ever in 2013. I see the vision.

I think the better argument is best players in their peak-primes. Mike is always going to be #1. Steph is in that convo for the next spot (as are all the other top 10 guys).

It will be televised.

I think people are just disappointed a bit by AD's career and it's causing them to underrate him.

same dynamic happens with Shaq.

I believe 1000% in ADs talent being generational but man his history of just leading teams to the playoffs is too spotty

Might be a tad controversial, and someone can pull numbers of other Top players through their first 10 year, but I saw something that said AD has missed like 27% of the games in his career excluding the playoffs. That is legitimate cause for disappointment, the monikers such as Street Clothes or Always Disabled and the perception of where he ranks being lower than maybe where he should be.

Even with his limited playoff success, if he had a better health record (ie missed fewer games) then I think the narrative around him would be different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom