2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
People typically are referring to a higher level of talent when they say this. Still may not even get out of the first round with these guys.
Don't get me wrong, it'll probably end up in flames.

But having a 25 year old perennial All Star under contract for years is generally a good thing.

People typically are referring to a higher level of talent when they say this. Still may not even get out of the first round with these guys.

That's moreso what I was thinking/wondering. That team would seem to have a ceiling of a 1st round squad. Would it not be more prudent to try and cash in those picks/players on a higher level star player than Donovan? There's multiple disgruntled ones every offseason.

Woah woah woah what's with all this Knicks focus?
Let's go back to making fun of DC

Bruh. Not sure if it’s what you were going for but this reminds me of the classic Chappelle skit about white people not wanting to talking about who they voted for and always trying to change the subject

Dave: So Bob, who ya gonna vote for?
Bob: Whoa whoa whoa, Dave, take it easy now. Take it easy. So anyway, umm, I was ****ing my wife in her ***, right, and it was something else!

:lol:

That's moreso what I was thinking/wondering. That team would seem to have a ceiling of a 1st round squad. Would it not be more prudent to try and cash in those picks/players on a higher level star player than Donovan? There's multiple disgruntled ones every offseason.
My sense is they were saving said assets for Zion, but then he missed the whole season and decided to take the max from the Pelicans.

The other two CAA guys frequently mentioned when Leon Rose took over were Book and KAT, who just signed supermax extensions.

Reactions: MVP
My sense is they were saving said assets for Zion, but then he missed the whole season and decided to take the max from the Pelicans.

The other two CAA guys frequently mentioned when Leon Rose took over were Book and KAT, who just signed supermax extensions.

My only thought/question is, obviously timing played into how this is shaking out but would they better positioned if they didn’t sign JB and then acquired Spida? So essentially taking what they have now and swapping JB for Spida then they could maybe use Randle/Fournier + draft assets later down the line?

Reactions: MVP
Yup, Nets should be fine with Simmo under the same circumstances

Both Benjamin and Zion missed the season but at least with Zion we have seen footage of random dunks and doing pre-game workout drills. Benjamin’s only memorable footage from this season was him doing defensive slides during practice in sweats with a cellphone in his pocket and getting yelled at by rowdy fans while boarding the Nets bus in a Louis Vuitton hockey jersey :lol:

Two of NT NBA’s favorites

He read the debate yesterday :smokin . Considering he’ has been shooting 23% from 3 since the Bubble, almost anything would be an improvement :lol:

Two of NT NBA’s favorites

He read the debate yesterday :smokin . Considering he’ has been shooting 23% from 3 since the Bubble, almost anything would be an improvement :lol:

To be fair, he got bullied into the gym by “fans” months ago

Facts. I'm so over these summer workout videos.
Unless you're a Bron, Steph, or Giannis..
mememe_96a9dc261582d55ff5e0187e117e1be0-1.jpg

Knicks have no real motivation to field a good basketball team because they are so valuable and loved. Have one of the worst records over last 15 years but still at the top when it comes to value and fake NYers will pay whatever the owner asks for tickets regardless of the teams sucksess :lol:

Knicks have no real motivation to field a good basketball team because they are so valuable and loved. Have one of the worst records over last 15 years but still at the top when it comes to value and fake NYers will pay whatever the owner asks for tickets regardless of the teams sucksess :lol:

Yup, exactly like the Toronto Maple Leafs - just have a fan base that will pay top dollar for 'hopes and dreams'.

For better or worse, they have to go all in.
Completely disagree. The Knicks issue has been straddling the line between the slow build and then getting antsy and wanting to swing for the home run. Just keep the slow build going and then capitalize when opportune. $200mill in Brunson and Mitchell just gonna put y’all in purgatory. Leon Rose gets fired in a few years and the next guy has to clean up the mess down 8 first rounds. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom