2023 Official MLB Season Thread

What are Cubs doing? No wonder Theo jumped ship :lol:

I been sayin when we couldn't get Harper. Ricketts closed his wallet. Yu was our last signing........only because the cheating Astros destroyed his market, we got him "cheap" at 6/126.

I'm positive it had somethin to do with Theo leaving.

C CP1708 Why the Cubs “broke” all of a sudden?

Ricketts. We "saved" money FOR YEARS in 2011-2015. Payroll was nothin. Then built starting with Lester. Spent heavy for 3-4 years, but we couldn't get to Harper's number, I knew we were in trouble.

Issues with TV deal, now Covid, he's got the excuses he needs.

Now he won't extend Bryant I bet. Fanbase gonna riot. :smh:

Hold on TB let go 2 of their best pitchers this off season? How do they plant to get back to the WS?
That Padres front office is doing a great job. What a starting rotation they are going to have :wow:

What are the Rays doing?

Also, watching the Padres load up their roster, while the Giants sign Anthony DeScalfani. :smh:

Farhan's plan better pay off.

Ricketts are trash!
Writing was on the wall when Boras and KB were crying about money and contracts due to that extra year of control.

KB was coming off a ROY, MVP, & WSMVP. Cubs should’ve locked him up for life!
When they didn’t I knew they were full of isshhh with all that “money don’t matter, we’re committed to winning” talk.

Hindsight is 20/20 but they sacrificed all those cost controlled years for a championship. Payed a lot in pitching and gave away valuable pieces (Eloy, Gleyber, Soler, etc).

Cubs are gonna have a Marlins type fire sale the next couple of years and keep Baez as the face going forward, while Jed mans a slow rebuild without Theo.

Dodgers need to up the ante and go after Trevor Bauer now with the eternal rival Padres gunning for them by loading up on pitching. Bauer is an absolutely great countermove. Andrew Friedman must get aggressive now!

Don’t think the Dodgers would do that. I mean they have cash but how many big contracts you going to hold. That repeaters tax is something they’ve try to stay as close to or under. Plus their rotation is pretty good and David Proce probably comes back this year.

oh man id be very jealous if the mets go on and snag lindor

would be a hell of a pick up to add to that lu

Back
Top Bottom