2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Oh I know you are.

enjoy Cobb county

1635354618507.jpeg

“Eastern Band Principal Chief Richard Sneed told the AJC that if the Braves consult with him, he’ll say that he has no problem with the team name — which honors the warrior spirit — but it’s time to hang up the tomahawk chop.”

Even the nation the Braves pay for PR so that their fans can use them as talking points says the chop should go.

Braves fans on their Dan Snyder bull****.

:lol:

I’m from East Atlanta. I don’t have any issue with his opinion no matter where he is from. But it is just his opinion.

do you think changes need to be made?

and if so, what?

i assume you’ll continue to be a fan if they were named after an animal like the hawks and falcons

“Eastern Band Principal Chief Richard Sneed told the AJC that if the Braves consult with him, he’ll say that he has no problem with the team name — which honors the warrior spirit — but it’s time to hang up the tomahawk chop.”

Even the nation the Braves pay for PR so that their fans can use them as talking points says the chop should go.

Braves fans on their Dan Snyder bull****.

This is an old article.

More recently, the leader stated that he is not offended by the name Braves or the tomahawk chop cheer, but respects the opinion of those who feel differently.

These discussions were had after the article you posted.

and if so, what?

i assume you’ll continue to be a fan if they were named after an animal like the hawks and falcons

They gotta change to a bird and bring byke the Thrashers for the city synergy.

and if so, what?

I think they are doing the right thing and consulting the right people. I think the Braves certainly had some offensive imagery in the past that was changed.

Based on all that I’ve read, especially with the statements from the leadership of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, I am comfortable saying #ChopOn

If their guidance changes, my stance will. These discussions were had for this reason.

Give it a rest man…this is the MLB Playoff thread.

Save the antics for the Political Discussion thread, or even better, just relax altogether.

I asked you about your baseball team

I’m not surprised that the person who couldn’t acknowledge trumps blatantly racist acts is comfortable

Back
Top Bottom