2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Yeah that elbow is cooked. He had tommy john in 2018. This is about the time length to get another one. Time to learn how to play LF/RF…

Dang, what kind of contract are teams gonna offer him now? Come to our Dodgers Sho.
Would love him in LA still, but damn the Dodgers need that arm next season with May out, Kershaw likely retiring, and Urias bouncing in free agency. Not sure Ohtani loses as much money as people think because I’d imagine the teams that need him less as a pitcher next season will remain aggressive in recruiting/offering him $.

From my understanding, he definitely wanted all this playing time. I loathe Arte so much, but I can't put this on him.
Yeah but as management and an organization as a whole, you have to stop players from themselves. We can say Mike Trout's back issues are because of him, which is partly true, but is it a coincident now that both of their top players have run into something devastating injuries? Trout was brought back from the IL only to go back after a game...

There was a video recently that 3-4 years seems to be about when you need a 2nd tommy john. They mentioned like 5 current players.

Sho gonna come back throwing 105

Kinda tricky, both parties the player and medical staff have to decide. But ultimately it’s on the player to mention if anything is wrong and both sides go from there.

The main issue with Ohtani is every injury or slump gets attributed to pitching and hitting. Nevermind that this isn’t a unique circumstance. Does hitting hitting even affect the arm in the same way the way pitching does? I would guess no, seeing as how he can still hit.

That elbow was gonna go no matter what. I hope he doesn’t cave in and switch to only pitching/hitting. The more success he has, the more likely teams will allow other players to try to be 2 way players.

Kinda tricky, both parties the player and medical staff have to decide. But ultimately it’s on the player to mention if anything is wrong and both sides go from there.
The better organizations in MLB will recognize something is off and intervene imo. There's so much data and velo decline can be tracked easily, as well as biometric analysis to see if mechanics are being compromised due to a player potentially overcompensating (due to pain). It's a billion dollar industry so if an organization is waiting solely for a player to mention something before taking action, you have unfortunate outcomes...

The better organizations in MLB will recognize something is off and intervene imo. There's so much data and velo decline can be tracked easily, as well as biometric analysis to see if mechanics are being compromised due to a player potentially overcompensating (due to pain). It's a billion dollar industry so if an organization is waiting solely for a player to mention something before taking action, you have unfortunate outcomes...

Bingo

Can't say I'm shocked. It's disappointing, but this was always a big concern for any team that was about to drop half a billy on him. Just sucks for Ohtani the timing.

From earlier today

Ohtani been dealing with something for like two weeks now. Medical staff sounds inept letting him pitch till his UCL tore

Farhan has his "Prove it" contract offer ready to go.
IMG_4039.jpeg

When's the last time a trade deadline decision has been catastrophically stupid this fast?

Back
Top Bottom