2023 Official MLB Season Thread

So owners should sit around and make less money because fans don’t wanna come even when the team IS good?

Ignorance in one hand, stupidity in the other.
You think he didn't spend money cause fans didn't go? As fans think it was vice a versa. Growing up, it was an accepted truth that to be an As fan meant being a minor league club for the rest of baseball. They turned up the dial since the 2012-2013 ish clubs, and cranked that bish to 10 the last 2. Almost like they were purposely trying to sabotage their status amongst the fans. Putting out a dollar general version of moneyball year after year ain't it.

Man I would have thought by the way a couple fans in here talked the A’s have been bottom feeders of the league for forever. Except they’ve been .500 or better - 16 seasons since 1999. Even some of those below .500 seasons were 70+ wins (4 seasons; 68 and 69 win season mixed in there).

Trading their best players away continuously has been mentioned here, yet what keeps being ignored is that they were still very much competitive during that time. I’ll give y’all the last two years, but at that point the writing was on the wall.

What keeps being ignored is the attachments people grow to have with players. I kept going cause I knew how they operated, with the only assumption being that theyll never resign the really good ones. Maybe some people had enough over the years. It's just a bad situation for almost everyone involved. But complacency and disinterest go hand in hand, and both sides of the oakland story had their roles.

That’s not being ignored at all actually. During those highly competitive years the A’s ranked in the bottom 15 in attendance for the AL.

Yes, it’s absolutely on both sides - owner and fans, but y’all didn’t really show up when y’all were good.

That’s not being ignored at all actually. During those highly competitive years the A’s ranked in the bottom 15 in attendance for the AL.

Yes, it’s absolutely on both sides - owner and fans, but y’all didn’t really show up when y’all were good.
Neither did the owner, which makes you wonder. Did the chicken come before the egg? It's hard to judge which was a product of which.

Neither did the owner, which makes you wonder. Did the chicken come before the egg? It's hard to judge which was a product of which.
I’ve acknowledged that it was the owner as well. But like the numbers show, since 1999 y’all had more years being good and competitive, than actually being bad or a bottom feeder. During those good years, they were in the bottom of attendance. Small market team with fans barely showing up. Had to know what was coming.

Again, large part on the owner. Everyone in here has acknowledged that. But there’s a significant portion on the fans whether you agree on it or not.

Your still going on about attendance when I'm giving you possible reasons for why attendance was ⁶the way it was? The Athletics, as a business, couldn't capitalize on the 6th largest market in the country is what those numbers show me. I never even said it wasn't fans to blame. This is what blows my mind, that people get so stuck in a certain mindframe, they don't ask the next question. Is it the customer or the business, when both play a role? I was merely giving viewpoints as a customer.

Your still going on about attendance when I'm giving you possible reasons for why attendance was ⁶the way it was? The Athletics, as a business, couldn't capitalize on the 6th largest market in the country is what those numbers show me. I never even said it wasn't fans to blame. This is what blows my mind, that people get so stuck in a certain mindframe, they don't ask the next question. Is it the customer or the business, when both play a role? I was merely giving viewpoints as a customer.
I’ve routinely said both. All I’ve said is they both played a factor. It wasn’t/isn’t one over the other.

I’ve routinely said both. All I’ve said is they both played a factor. It wasn’t/isn’t one over the other.
And I as well, which is why I didn't get the agree or not part. It just seems like people are disinterested in why the attendance was so low, and don't want to actually get through the first layer. I know attendance was low cause people didn't go. Why didn't they? Can't pretend to know for sure, only for me and people i know. But that's mlbs problem to worry about.

1700542829557.png

It’s about time they brought back teal as a main color and not just an alternate jersey.

I mean the roads unis and white home unis are completely different than the ones they wore this season :lol:

They’ve been primarily a black/red/sand(tan) color scheme. Using the teal color sparingly in an alternate set. They’ve dropped the sand/tan color completely and brought back teal full time.

Coulda gave me 100 guesses, woulda had no idea those uni's diff than any other they've worn.

Yeah, the template and main colors all looked the same, if not very familiar. I didn't have a keen eye on this one and now I can't not notice the teal, but it's just a tease of a re-implementation.

I like teal..it looks good-ish and bad-ish at the same time on these because I'm not sure it fits with that base red and black combo, but whatever...these things grow on me sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom