2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Yeah I don't get why MLB didn't schedule the Opening Day series in Japan after the exhibition games. Flight from Tokyo to Seattle isn't bad, doubt it's that much longer to Oakland either. Plus these guys are flying PJs, not like it's commercial airlines haha. Anyways I'm all for the Japanese fanfare and Ichiro getting his send off, dude is a legend.

WELP
E787D210-0940-4330-A8AD-82A239F3CE0C.png

This didn't age well..

Congrats to Trout. We used to joke about could he/should he get half a billi, he damn near did. :lol: :pimp:

Angels still owe him $66.5 mil on his current deal. Add that to the 12 yr contract he signed - $496.5 mil. Yep, pretty much there lol.

I had no idea the season “started” tomorrow. Stadiums I wanna visit this year:

Safeco
Nats
Brewers
Astros

You ever get to it, Minute Maid is a pretty nice park. Very small and intimate type of feel. Not really a bad seat in the house. Houston fans don't really show up in droves unless its playoffs though. When teams like the yanks or red sox come here during the regular season, the crowd is pretty 50/50 split.

Stadiums I want to get to are:

Wrigley
Camden
Coors
Pirates
Giants
Phillies
Twins
Fenway.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Not missing anything here in DC man - not big on it at all.
It’s a perfectly good stadium to watch a game. It’s easy to navigate, has above average food (pricey though) and pretty much all the seats have a good vantage point. Snagging tickets isn’t difficult either. Surrounding neighborhood is nice as well.

If you’re looking for weird quirks like the Green Monster, it won’t be at Nats Park. You won’t get the charm of a Camden Yards/PNC, but it’s also not a dump like the Coliseum/Tropicana or full of boardroom stiffs and finance bros like Yankee Stadium.

i still have to go to citi field and yankee stadium... i went to yankee stadium last year but for nyu graduation not a game and i never been to either the old yankee stadium or shea and im from nj lol... only 1 stadium i been to was oakland when they played the yanks... that stadium is terrible

Sounds like my kind of place.

I want to visit every single ballpark.

I want to visit every single one as well.

I've checked off:
Astrodome, as well as, Minute Maid (Astros) live here.
New and old Yankee stadium (fav Team)
Texas Rangers (Although they're supposed to open a new stadium soon)
Chase Field (Arizona)
Comerica Park (Detroit)
and if they didn't open their new one, I made it to Turner Field (Atlanta) before they closed it.

So how will this work in say 7 years when he's possibly washed up/injuries creep up and is set to retire? Is all that money guaranteed? His contract is through 39 years old. I don't pay too much attention to baseball contracts and such. I haven't seen a real breakdown

Other than Albert (39), the oldest player on the active roster is 33 years old. I guess they're really hoping for the best.

Baseball contracts are fully guaranteed.

So how will this work in say 7 years when he's possibly washed up/injuries creep up and is set to retire? Is all that money guaranteed? His contract is through 39 years old. I don't pay too much attention to baseball contracts and such. I haven't seen a real breakdown

Other than Albert (39), the oldest player on the active roster is 33 years old. I guess they're really hoping for the best.

I’ve checked off:
Riverfront (loves those days)
Great American Ball Park
Wrigley (‘98 home run chase against McGuire and Cards)
Fenway Park (‘15 vs Yankees, loudest boos I ever heard for Arod)
Turner Field

Hoping to catch a rangers game this season now that I’m stationed in Louisna

This didn't age well..

Angels still owe him $66.5 mil on his current deal. Add that to the 12 yr contract he signed - $496.5 mil. Yep, pretty much there lol.

You ever get to it, Minute Maid is a pretty nice park. Very small and intimate type of feel. Not really a bad seat in the house. Houston fans don't really show up in droves unless its playoffs though. When teams like the yanks or red sox come here during the regular season, the crowd is pretty 50/50 split.

Stadiums I want to get to are:

Wrigley
Camden
Coors
Pirates
Giants
Phillies
Twins
Fenway.

No sir. The 66.5 is included in the 12 year deal. It's a 10 extension so to speak. It's not 12 years on top of the 2 he still has to fulfill.

It's essentially a 10/363 "New" deal plus the remaining 2 years and 66.5 he already had = 12/430.

Back
Top Bottom