2023 Official MLB Season Thread

So Twins vs. Yankees most likely.

The two most prolific HR-hitting teams of ALL TIME, playing each other in Round 1. Juiced balls be damned.

Yankees - 298 HR (5 games to play)
Twins - 297 HR (6 games to play)

Twins fans.....question for you guys.

So I just heard that the Twins are investigating whether the Giants hid an injury when we traded Dyson to you guys. First off, I do feel bad for how that has worked out. Dyson was a stud for us this season, and was really good last year as well.

Lets for a minute operate under the assumption that the Twins are correct, that the Giants hid an injury. Why is that the Giants fault? Doesnt the blame fall with the Twins team doctors and training staff?

I will be the first to admit that this would be bad faith and a horrible way to conduct business, but I dont see how the onus would fall on the Giants. What exactly would be the point of investigating this? Even if the Giants knew all along and were being shady about it, what could the Twins possibly benefit from this?

Look at cp sending me money in the mail when he could’ve just kept it himself. Good for you cp. guaranteed to win at least $25

Twins fans.....question for you guys.

So I just heard that the Twins are investigating whether the Giants hid an injury when we traded Dyson to you guys. First off, I do feel bad for how that has worked out. Dyson was a stud for us this season, and was really good last year as well.

Lets for a minute operate under the assumption that the Twins are correct, that the Giants hid an injury. Why is that the Giants fault? Doesnt the blame fall with the Twins team doctors and training staff?

I will be the first to admit that this would be bad faith and a horrible way to conduct business, but I dont see how the onus would fall on the Giants. What exactly would be the point of investigating this? Even if the Giants knew all along and were being shady about it, what could the Twins possibly benefit from this?

He apparently had issues going back to around the All-Star game...teams are required to log everything, every detail, if a player receives treatment and it's made available to teams before a trade is finalized. If he received treatment, but it was not properly logged, that's on the Giants. No idea what goes into a physical with these guys to where the Twins medical staff missed this nor of a possible punishment, but it also sounds like Dyson may not have been honest about his condition either...****ty all around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom