2023 Official MLB Season Thread

IMG_20191024_072909.jpg
He should have never stolen 3rd base off rip in the first inning :smh:

the dugout dancing is awesome

makes the game fun for fans as well
I'm surprised MLB hasn't said anything, talking bout some "unwritten rules"

When the story came out I thought it was this guy being excited and stupid about the win and the pitcher. But damb he straight up shouted directly at these women about a guy known for domestic violence? Am I reading that right?! Good riddance.

When the story came out I thought it was this guy being excited and stupid about the win and the pitcher. But damb he straight up shouted directly at these women about a guy known for domestic violence? Am I reading that right?! Good riddance.

That's correct. It was more directed towards one reporter who has been pretty outspoken about domestic violence and he has taken issue with it in the past.

Never really post in this thread, but lurk alot. My schedule is too busy to keep up with all of the MLB games other than highlights, and box scores and frankly I feel a little lost (if not for Astros talk). I really wanted to comment on this though. Taubman had a dream job, and was a complete idiot plain and simple (drunk celebrating, taunting, just plain sarcasm, or not) it should not have happened especially with his foul language. I do think the Astros organization made a huge mistake by not getting in front of this by dealing with it as soon as it happened and issued a "real" apology days before the World Series started. Or at the very least they should have suspended him without pay until after the season or pending an investigation...then canned him. The day the WS started that's all sports radio here in Houston talked about (by far not what I wanted to hear) it just dampened the mood. Of the three channels I listen to none hardly even talked about game one matchups, strengths, and weaknesses of either team. IMO it became somewhat of a distraction (not an excuse for the Astros play) more for the fans of the game, and the Astros moreso than the players even. This should not have been looming over the club's head before the WS opening pitch. Not to defend the Taubman in the least, he's a muppet and should have known better, and definitely shouldn't have used the language he used for a game women and children are just as into as men. That said I really dislike this age of social media and PC, you literally cant fart without someone getting offended anymore and starting a campaign against you. I have to be missing something, because what he said from my understanding, it really wasn't directed at anyone, and he didn't flat out say "I support DV" it was just tasteless and idiotic and he should have known better. Should it have cost him his job I think so, if not serious pubishment (just not at the bad timing the Astros decided they "had" to do it). If this were to have happened 10 years ago which I'm sure it did, or had it been all male reporters we probably wouldn't have even heard about it. Sorry for the rant, I'm just sick of hearing about this idiot who had a job we'd all love and doesn't even play the game every time I turn on sports radio. Instead of hearing about the biggest baseball series of the year, and now I'm sure I'll be hearing about this until the series is over. Flame away if anyone disagrees, I have no intention of starting a war or responding, just venting.

I have to be missing something, because what he said from my understanding, it really wasn't directed at anyone, and he didn't flat out say "I support DV" it was just tasteless and idiotic and he should have known better.

He was taunting and directing it right at her by all the reports I’ve seen. They somewhat have a tense past from what I’ve heard from the local ESPN radio shows here. She’s pretty outspoken about domestic violence and took issue with the Osuna acquisition on Twitter when it happened and he didn’t take to kindly to the criticism.

That’s probably as bad, or an even worse look to be honest.

jjs07 jjs07 must be mad as hell right about now :lol:

Why would I be? I got no problem w/ the Nats :lol: I'm all about good vibes for the city, mane.

My issue is SOLELY with the crab *** ex-fans of the Orioles who completely abandoned the team to put everything into Nats.

Reactions: HIM
Never seen Rendon swing at so many first pitches.

for the first time in awhile, Nats looked like they were pressing. Trying so hard to get that hit that sends the crowd into a frenzy.

Back
Top Bottom