2023 Official MLB Season Thread

It’s weird, is DC considered a small market? Living in the area I definitely wouldn’t consider it one but sports wise I think it gets lumped in?

It’s weird, is DC considered a small market? Living in the area I definitely wouldn’t consider it one but sports wise I think it gets lumped in?

It’s not. Baltimore is also a rich club because they also get a cut of the Nationals TV deal. It was a condition of the Expos relocation to DC. Orioles owner is shameless.

No such thing as small market teams anymore. Every team is worth over a billion. Some team owners are content with spending nothing and just collecting money. It’s easier to blame the big bad Dodgers and Yankees for overspending while the Pirates or Reds just collect money.

14193296-E166-4044-87BA-8CB0EB2D84D4.gif

Kinda crazy that it’s a 3 team race this late. Thought Texas would have run away with it by now.

Vazquez!

Having a good starting pitching rotation and leading the weak Central, hopefully gets our GMs (Falvey/Levine) to always invest in major, quality starting pitching, first time since Johan and Liriano.

Back
Top Bottom