2023 Official MLB Season Thread

How long was it ago when everyone was saying he didn’t have the same zip on his pitches that he used to, may be true but look at this award… I swear people on NT were saying, “He’s done.”

How long was it ago when everyone was saying he didn’t have the same zip on his pitches that he used to, may be true but look at this award… I swear people on NT were saying, “He’s done.”
A lot of the same dudes in here that write off games as being done after the 2nd inning.

He’s never looked finished to me, but rather “unfinished.” I always get the sense he has more to give but he’s always pulled before he empties the tank. I know it’s not his call but it’s always put me off for some reason.

I think the thing that ppl got frustrated with Snell was his inability to pitch deep into games. Pitched 7 innings one time last year but nothing past 6 innings flat other than that one occurrence. Like he has elite stuff but doesn’t attack hitters at times so he could go deeper into games if that makes any sense.

I think the thing that ppl got frustrated with Snell was his inability to pitch deep into games. Pitched 7 innings one time last year but nothing past 6 innings flat other than that one occurrence. Like he has elite stuff but doesn’t attack hitters at times so he could go deeper into games if that makes any sense.
I share similar thoughts. Snell is a good pitcher, but some questioned whether he was actually elite. As you mentioned, he doesn’t go deep much and walks a ton of folks. However, he’s deserving of the NL Cy. Just won’t have a lot folks putting him up there with Cole or other elite pitchers…

this sucks big time. As a kid I was able to go to Oakland when the giants were out to town to watch teams and players most of the country could never see person. Got to see Griffey, big hurt, Ripken, the yankees, and those loaded Indians teams. A’s playoff games were on a different level than the giants.

At this point I don’t even want the A’s to stick around and play at pacbell. Just go away.

Happy for A’s. It’s a tired act with them and their ownership. Hopefully they can gain some stability and actually retain players.

Seriously? :lol: Snell was looking washed again this year at the beginning especially coming off his washedness last year. It was fair criticism, then he went on a crazy run. He earned the CY.

Unless they’re an instant success like the Knights were, they’re just going to be another bad MLB team with a nice new stadium once the luster of having a MLB team in Vegas wears off. And MLB already has plenty of consistently bad MLB teams who play in nicer newer ballparks.

You can only rely on tourism and visiting fans so much. And let’s be honest. They’re not getting thousands of fans of teams like the Royals or Rays to drop the bread to go out to Vegas for a random 3 game series in July. They’re inevitably going to have to put out a quality product.

Even when the A’s were good, the fans didn’t go to regular season games. Happy to see them leave. Vegas will be dope.
That's not necessarily true. They were middle of the packish in the early 2000's and after during periods where they got competitive. End of the day, the ownership group purposely alienated the fans by being cheap af and trading away fan favorites constantly. At least their fans showed up during the post season when they made it, unlike the TB fiasco this past post season.

I get moving a team to Vegas, just saying it shouldn't have been Fisher and Co. that was awarded that privilege. It's disgusting...

That's not necessarily true. They were middle of the packish in the early 2000's and after during periods where they got competitive. End of the day, the ownership group purposely alienated the fans by being cheap af and trading away fan favorites constantly. At least their fans showed up during the post season when they made it, unlike the TB fiasco this past post season.

I get moving a team to Vegas, just saying it shouldn't have been Fisher and Co. that was awarded that privilege. It's disgusting...
Don’t get HIM’d fam. His posts get monetized for engagement… :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom