2023 Official MLB Season Thread

He has the highest fielding percentage of all time because he had great hands and average range. You wanna talk eye test? Tell me what makes what you saw from Omar better than what you saw from players like Andrelton Simmons, Rey Ordonez, Rey Sanchez, etc. Because those guys were routinely making outs on plays that would bounce past Omar into the outfield.

And if they had the longevity and numbers that Omar has they'd 100% be on future ballots. I think that's what you're missing lol.

Is there really an argument that Beltré shouldn’t be first ballot? Not too many players been better than him since he came into the league.

IMG_4051.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

And if they had the longevity and numbers that Omar has they'd 100% be on future ballots. I think that's what you're missing lol.
Oh I am not advocating that they should be on future ballots. I just believe Omar has no business on them either. I couldnt imagine watching an Indians game back in the day where you had loaded teams with Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez, Kenny Lofton and thinking to yourself "Omar is the Hall of Famer in that group." Absolutely ridiculous.

Oh I am not advocating that they should be on future ballots. I just believe Omar has no business on them either. I couldnt imagine watching an Indians game back in the day where you had loaded teams with Albert Belle, Manny Ramirez, Kenny Lofton and thinking to yourself "Omar is the Hall of Famer in that group." Absolutely ridiculous.

You're arguing my same point. In this world of ridiculous ballots he belongs. Just wait til Dustin Pedroia is first ballot.

If players like Scott Rolen and Biggio are in Cooperstown, Jones and Vizquel belong.

You're arguing my same point. In this world of ridiculous ballots he belongs. Just wait til Dustin Pedroia is first ballot.

If players like Scott Rolen and Biggio are in Cooperstown, Jones and Vizquel belong.

I'm not though. Because you refuse to look at advanced stats and sabermetrics, and all of them say he doesnt belong. Even if you are talking about players like Rolen and Biggio. Their HOF cases were substantially stronger than Omar's.

Pedroia first ballot? LOL. He is another player that has no business in the HOF.....however, he is another that has a much better case than Omar.

I'm not though. Because you refuse to look at advanced stats and sabermetrics, and all of them say he doesnt belong. Even if you are talking about players like Rolen and Biggio. Their HOF cases were substantially stronger than Omar's.

Pedroia first ballot? LOL. He is another player that has no business in the HOF.....however, he is another that has a much better case than Omar.
Pedroia has a similar case to Mauer and you could say Buster too

Yet Omar received 37% of the vote in his first year compared to Rolen's 10% in his first year and Andruw Jone's 7%. So he's probably getting in eventually.

Pedroia being a first ballot was a joke, mocking the writers. But with a ROY, MVP and multiple WS titles best believe he's getting in today's hall of fame.

Yet Omar received 37% of the vote in his first year compared to Rolen's 10% in his first year and Andruw Jone's 7%. So he's probably getting in eventually.

Pedroia being a first ballot was a joke, mocking the writers. But with a ROY, MVP and multiple WS titles best believe he's getting in today's hall of fame.

Percentages also have a lot to do with who else is on the ballot. I'm glad Omar is trending down and wont ever get in. Not just because his on field accomplishments dont warrant it, but also because by all reports he is a s**t human being. He was at 17.7% this round, which is is down from 19.5% in 2023 and 23.9% in 2022.

Percentages also have a lot to do with who else is on the ballot. I'm glad Omar is trending down and wont ever get in. Not just because his on field accomplishments dont warrant it, but also because by all reports he is a s**t human being. He was at 17.7% this round, which is is down from 19.5% in 2023 and 23.9% in 2022.

Yeah if not for the off field stuff it would be inevitable that he'd get in.

Pedroia getting in too..

I am also what people consider a "small hall" guy. So if a player was not considered one of the best at his position for a decent period, I think they should not make the Hall. How can someone not even be one of the best in his era and now should be enshrined as one of the best ever? I cant do it.

With Omar, you are probably right getback getback that he probably would have made it without the off field stuff. I just disagree. 3 All Star appearances in 24 years doesnt say Hall of Famer to me. It says good player.

I am also what people consider a "small hall" guy. So if a player was not considered one of the best at his position for a decent period, I think they should not make the Hall. How can someone not even be one of the best in his era and now should be enshrined as one of the best ever? I cant do it.

This is where I stand on the topic. It's also why I rarely get into these debates because it's too convoluted and overall, pointless. MLB even moreso with the BBWA driving everything. So many of the truly all-time greats aren't in and may never get in. It's a joke. Then you got people saying if Whitey Willaby is in then you gotta put so and so in because they have better statistics. It goes on and on. :lol:

Omar became that coworker that worked the latter years of his career just so his pension would be a little better. Folks knew his time was up, but just let him be.

Back
Top Bottom