2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

yea I saw… lawd ole girl on anchor for JA died hard

Bol and Klaver ran like 7 races each during this WC since Netherlands doesn't have depth to where they have to run the heats for multiple relays, they gotta find another couple of good legs to help them out

Bol and Klaver ran like 7 races each during this WC since Netherlands doesn't have depth to where they have to run the heats for multiple relays, they gotta find another couple of good legs to help them out

the anchor for JA must have been nervous as hell

with the lead she had, zero clue why she didn’t let them kill themselves trying catch her.. run controlled through first 200, build on the 3rd 100 and then kick down the stretch

hell pace the first say 250 and then pick it up for that next 100 and then save soemthing for last 50 just in case

He would’ve been correct had he said the NFL lol

he’s correct saying any of the national leagues in America who say world champions

it’s literally in the name

national basketball association

best soccer players go to Europe and they say winners or champions.. Americans the presumptuous ones to have ”national” literally in the league names and then turn around and call the winners “world champions”

Folks really turned on the best American sprinter in ages over something as innocuous as that take :lol::smh:

Folks really turned on the best American sprinter in ages over something as innocuous as that take :lol::smh:

and his point is so simple and straight forward

yes america has the best league, but it’s still an american League.. ain’t even like champions cup, which still calls the winner “winners” and not world champions

1693325023366.jpeg

and his point is so simple and straight forward

yes america has the best league, but it’s still an american League.. ain’t even like champions cup, which still calls the winner “winners” and not world champions

1693325023366.jpeg
They accurately call them the European champions even though everyone knows they're the best team in the world :lol:

This 'World Champs' thing for domestic competition/league winners is a uniquely American concept unsurprisingly

if I'm Jamaica, I'm putting Shericka in the 4x400 final, this is gonna be 1 of the weakest USA 4x400 women teams due to like 5 women not being available for various reasons. I'm going for it if i'm Jamaica.

he’s correct saying any of the national leagues in America who say world champions

it’s literally in the name

national basketball association

best soccer players go to Europe and they say winners or champions.. Americans the presumptuous ones to have ”national” literally in the league names and then turn around and call the winners “world champions”
While true and I do agree for the most part, the best bball players in the world are in the NBA. That’s how a washed Dwight Howard can go to Taiwan and have some 80 point 30 rebound game, but a dude from Taiwan is probably not even scoring 5 points in the D League. NFL is the opposite, where the majority of the league is Americans

While true and I do agree for the most part, the best bball players in the world are in the NBA. That’s how a washed Dwight Howard can go to Taiwan and have some 80 point 30 rebound game, but a dude from Taiwan is probably not even scoring 5 points in the D League. NFL is the opposite, where the majority of the league is Americans

completely understand the point about best individual players being in the NBA

the problem is, it is incredibly presumptuous to use the title for a national product

and you have actual world competitions that the US has rarely lost, but they have lost

Lyles just used the opportunity to prop himself up and so many took the bait. You can’t compare track and field to basketball and American football. Basketball and baseball were created in the United States and while American football started in England they essentially gave it to the U.S. as it was not popular/there were no leagues. With that being said I have a tough time understanding why it’s so bad for NBA, MLB and NFL champs being dubbed World Champs.

They are world champs because they are competing on the biggest stage in the World.

Sha’Carri racing in Italy tomorrow 1.30 Eastern. Continental Tour Bronze so it’s not on Peacock. Hmm I notice Nike athletes are really running a ton of races compared to the other shoe brands

Whew, she's on the precipice of the record.

Would be more than fitting if she got it in Paris next summer

Back
Top Bottom