2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I've been echoing this sentiment for years but services where you buy from an individual person and you can't see photos or communicate with them directly is disservice. I have sold many pairs to stockx and one to goat no problem but as a buyer I do not like to use them at all - unless it's a super lowball that gets accepted. Yes we blindly buy as retail consumers but those companies still have policies in place to ensure you get the product you ordered, that it's to your satisfaction, and/or your product gets replaced or compensated if it's not up to standard. You don't get that with goat or stockx. You get ignored. Even flightclub, for example, had an option that said brand new (conditional) for like older pairs that might be yellowed.

Most of my shoe buying and selling is done through ebay, facebook groups, and grailed in that order. This way we both know what we're getting. Obviously those systems are flawed as well, everything is, but after all these years of operating mostly that way the most I got got for was $6 that I gifted a dude for replacement SB laces.
Well said. I'm not familiar with fb groups, but I assume they have some rules to follow too.

pre-orders make sense from a consumer perspective, but not from a hype perspective. right now I'm debating getting something from NOAH that's currently a preorder...had it just been throw up on the site and been like this is limited, I probably would have just bought it (because i like it) rather than sitting and actually thinking about whether its a worthwhile purchase.

if there's no scarcity there's no urgency, and you miss out on potential sales.

Hype doesn’t drive as many sells as you might think...They sell more Monarchs and Team Jordan’s yearly than their hyped releases combined...

Sneaker collecting is still very niche, even though it’s getting more eyes on it than ever...This NT, SneakerTwitter, IG corner that we inhabit isn’t as big as it seems...

You want to know the reason they release limited edition hyped up sneakers? Because they know when Joe Schmo misses that hyped pair, he’s very likely to buy something else to make up for it...I missed those Dunk SB’s, but damn those Blazers that just dropped are kind of 🔥...How many times do people go down that road and don’t even realize it...This is why they won’t do anything about people who really want that shoe and end up missing out...

Feel like if Nike did pre-orders somebody would get greedy and spam the systems for an insane amount of pairs that Nike couldn't even produce. If they put a cap on the pre-order then it really wouldn't be a true pre-order and could lead to an even worse system (ala Nike ID dunks).

Makes sense for Nike to continue with their current system bc they plan out every production run for all of their products. "Nike make more" really may not be the answer bc there is a limited amount of factories, time, and money. The Dunk is one Nike product out of thousands.

Nike is a multi-billion dollar company but I'm pretty sure they are not at all interested in tying up their cash in making millions of pairs of Dunks. I'm not even sure their product runs are paid with company assets. We just gotta ride this sneaker craze out....the rich influencers will move along to something else and take their followers with them.

Last edited:
I really am digging this color way...
6F93A866-8358-49AE-AFC9-C20B302D20E5.jpeg
Temp to buy these and bleach them 🤔

Hype doesn’t drive as many sells as you might think...They sell more Monarchs and Team Jordan’s yearly than their hyped releases combined...

Sneaker collecting is still very niche, even though it’s getting more eyes on it than ever...This NT, SneakerTwitter, IG corner that we inhabit isn’t as big as it seems...

You want to know the reason they release limited edition hyped up sneakers? Because they know when Joe Schmo misses that hyped pair, he’s very likely to buy something else to make up for it...I missed those Dunk SB’s, but damn those Blazers that just dropped are kind of 🔥...How many times do people go down that road and don’t even realize it...This is why they won’t do anything about people who really want that shoe and end up missing out...
I'm guilty of this. I've had buyer's remorse.

7E7C23B9-DAD3-484E-AABE-B4120FF8504C.jpeg
Speaking of blazers. Has anyone seen these pop up anywhere yet? My girl (who never wears sneakers) says she is actually interested in these.
I dunno what the **** is goin on here.

I've been echoing this sentiment for years but services where you buy from an individual person and you can't see photos or communicate with them directly is disservice. I have sold many pairs to stockx and one to goat no problem but as a buyer I do not like to use them at all - unless it's a super lowball that gets accepted. Yes we blindly buy as retail consumers but those companies still have policies in place to ensure you get the product you ordered, that it's to your satisfaction, and/or your product gets replaced or compensated if it's not up to standard. You don't get that with goat or stockx. You get ignored. Even flightclub, for example, had an option that said brand new (conditional) for like older pairs that might be yellowed.

Most of my shoe buying and selling is done through ebay, facebook groups, and grailed in that order. This way we both know what we're getting. Obviously those systems are flawed as well, everything is, but after all these years of operating mostly that way the most I got got for was $6 that I gifted a dude for replacement SB laces.
i get where you're coming from here. I personally have never had a bad experience buying something DS from goat ever, but the first time I do will be the last time I use them probably. i think i've honestly bought more **** used on goat than DS though, because, like you said, you do see pictures there, so you have a good idea of what youre getting.

exactly. it's not just the hype behind a particular pair of shoes. it's the psychology of wanting to not feel like you missed out or wasted your time.

Man forget all the nike id talk,whats up with the Ambush,they giv8ng me travis vibes ,they not at any skate shops

Honestly,these ambush look way better than ow 1s,and travis 1s....why are the prices 1200 on ebay?i thought nobody would be on these sexy tings.whats yall thoughts on the black or fuschia?is this dunkmof year candidate ?

Ha. Not a fan, huh? The side panel torn away looks terrible. But aside from that I think they are pretty. Like I said they are for my lady. I’m just excited that she is remotely excited for a sneaker.
haha yea, i was mainly referencing that torn away panel. i feel you re: her bing excited for a sneaker. my wife is crazy for purple, so i've snagged her a couple pairs to start getting her into it.

What's good with these US UNLV raffles.. ready to lose and pay resell sub 200 already.
fr, i'm sittin here waiting to drop these entries for an 11 for you lol

is this dunkmof year candidate ?
no

its not even dunk of the month candidate lol

but yeah I don't know why both the ambush dunks are priced so high, it was crickets for that release in here
Because yall sleeping,,yoon ambush is the female virgil abloh,remeber when his first collab with jordan dropped did u think they would be 5k?

Because yall sleeping,,yoon ambush is the female virgil abloh,remeber when his first collab with jordan dropped did u think they would be 5k?

you right, PRICES FINNA SKYROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To each their own though, creativity and concept are there definetely but the colorways/materials do not help

thats where we differ my dude. i do not consider resale price as a reason for doty. i could a **** leas if these dunks are worth 200 or 2000.

also comparing her to virgil isn’t endearing to me haha. that dude is all the way up his own ***.

you do you though.

Back
Top Bottom