2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Wow can’t believe I finally have my first CCS win after paying for their annual membership 3+ years lol.

744FA3E3-CC09-4189-A259-2228F95E6A2E.png
I was in the same boat until I won the ugly *** eBay joints from them lol.

Luckily though…first hit on KCDC
Screenshot_20221220-120320.png

PXL_20221220_210834924.jpg

Beautiful

Very true.

I see this SOTY like a NBA MVP (stats+votes). What criteria you think would best determine SOTY?

Hard to say tbh this whole "sneaker culture" is so broad nowadays. But I'd like to see a panel of actual sneaker designers / reporters. Not some dude that got millions that can just get whatever they want. I really appreciated Aleali May being there tho.

Damn when did premier do their raffle? It was 15 minutes right... When do they draw it?

they did the raffle yesterday at 12pm EST for 15 mins. I think they already drew it since most people announced winners today and premier did the VIP drop which is usually the same day as the raffle winners.

I was in the same boat until I won the ugly *** eBay joints from them lol.

Luckily though…first hit on KCDC

Beautiful

funny thing is I never won from KCDC and first time I won was for the ebay dunks but found out the same night that I had the flu and couldn't pick up. Figured I was banned and didn't bother entering at KCDC for the lobsters.

This Complex SOTY thing has gone waaay outta hand. After hearing DJCK talk down on the Panda dunks, all I thought was…

1. The Panda dunk and the White AF1 (his fav shoe) serve the same purpose.

2. DJCK proud about his opinion of fresh, but if you would ask that audience, they would say he is the worst dressed on that panel

3. DJCK only votes on shoes he personally has or else he’s salty and won’t consider a shoe in the Top 10.

Complex needs a criteria for SOTY, because clearly there is not. By analyzing the scope and trajectory of the Panda dunk, it should be SOTY, if not, then at least top 10. It’s a clean CW on a classic silhouette, versatile to wear, accessible and restocks constantly, and most importantly, fairly priced.

I don’t have a Panda Dunk, nor would I ever want to own one or wear, but the numbers and popularity don’t lie.

So by numbers stuff like Uptowns, Air Monarch's and Air Max 270's should be in sneaker of the year?

Your logic isn't any better than his.

This Complex SOTY thing has gone waaay outta hand. After hearing DJCK talk down on the Panda dunks, all I thought was…

1. The Panda dunk and the White AF1 (his fav shoe) serve the same purpose.

2. DJCK proud about his opinion of fresh, but if you would ask that audience, they would say he is the worst dressed on that panel

3. DJCK only votes on shoes he personally has or else he’s salty and won’t consider a shoe in the Top 10.

Complex needs a criteria for SOTY, because clearly there is not. By analyzing the scope and trajectory of the Panda dunk, it should be SOTY, if not, then at least top 10. It’s a clean CW on a classic silhouette, versatile to wear, accessible and restocks constantly, and most importantly, fairly priced.

I don’t have a Panda Dunk, nor would I ever want to own one or wear, but the numbers and popularity don’t lie.

Personally I view the Panda dunk the same way I view an all white AF1, vans old skool, black and white Chucks.

For that reason it could never make the list. SOTY to me is easily the L&F’s.

Other than the unique sockliners they all seem pretty GR and i dont understand how they get as much hype as they do.

Personally I view the Panda dunk the same way I view an all white AF1, vans old skool, black and white Chucks.

For that reason it could never make the list. SOTY to me is easily the L&F’s.
Idk about easily. From a creative aspect we've gotten Chicago's in some form nearly 4x in the last decade.

In the same way that people say Af1s, chucks, old skools etc shouldn't count, an argument could be made for those as well.

I could argue that the creative new take on a sneaker is better than a retro we've had before.

Its not sneaker of the year but I actually appreciate we the Voodoo 1 lows > the hype that is the L&F's (I'm also salty I don't have L&F's lol).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom