2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I would appreciate if someone can share the entourage SB release date please.

May is what I've heard, but at this point I think that date is put speculation and rumours. I don't even know anymore. It'd make sense if it is May though, because April's QS will be those Premier lows

For the most part SBs don't get release dates, since it's all a bunch of disconnected shops Nike SB hasn't ever really clamped down and set hard release dates on QS, most shops will sell through as soon as the UPS guy drops off the inventory. There's been a few attempts to rein this in, the 420 releases being a prime example (with the first one going off without a hitch and the second one almost getting scrapped before coming out a few weeks later) I think they also tried this with the RESN (Guicci dunks) back in 09 it seems like a lot of shops across the US released on the same date.

If you want to know when your local shop is going to sell them, I'd suggest calling or actually going to the store, even then since shops hate the shopper that only comes in when they're getting a hot QS don't expect them to be particularly forthcoming with the info if you're not a regular.

For the most part SBs don't get release dates, since it's all a bunch of disconnected shops Nike SB hasn't ever really clamped down and set hard release dates on QS, most shops will sell through as soon as the UPS guy drops off the inventory. There's been a few attempts to rein this in, the 420 releases being a prime example (with the first one going off without a hitch and the second one almost getting scrapped before coming out a few weeks later) I think they also tried this with the RESN (Guicci dunks) back in 09 it seems like a lot of shops across the US released on the same date.

If you want to know when your local shop is going to sell them, I'd suggest calling or actually going to the store, even then since shops hate the shopper that only comes in when they're getting a hot QS don't expect them to be particularly forthcoming with the info if you're not a regular.

They need to do something with the sb line. All sbs I'm even interested in purchasing are pre 2007. Come on Nike get it in gear

They need to do something with the sb line. All sbs I'm even interested in purchasing are pre 2007. Come on Nike get it in gear

^ seriously. sounds hella hypebeast when people just throw out a year and say "oh id only mess with shoes that released from december 31st 2007 and before" like get off that hype seriously like what happened did nike just get up and make some kind of dumb new years resolution in 2008 that made you wanna hop on their nuts cause of when a shoe was made? lame..

^ seriously. sounds hella hypebeast when people just throw out a year and say "oh id only mess with shoes that released from december 31st 2007 and before" like get off that hype seriously like what happened did nike just get up and make some kind of dumb new years resolution in 2008 that made you wanna hop on their nuts cause of when a shoe was made? lame..

Originally Posted by jordan3cement

laugh.gif
 right.

Shooot, I can name like 9,10 pairs of SB's that dropped after 07 that were fire.

laugh.gif
 right.

Shooot, I can name like 9,10 pairs of SB's that dropped after 07 that were fire.

How many times will this argument pop up on here? I haven't even been here for that many years and I've seen it come up more times than I care for. I honestly haven't picked up too many recent dunks, but more for a lack of getting into my local shop before the few 11.5s they get in are gone. I'll put it out there that I like the retooled dunk sole, whatever that material is in the midsole feels better than the old sole.

How many times will this argument pop up on here? I haven't even been here for that many years and I've seen it come up more times than I care for. I honestly haven't picked up too many recent dunks, but more for a lack of getting into my local shop before the few 11.5s they get in are gone. I'll put it out there that I like the retooled dunk sole, whatever that material is in the midsole feels better than the old sole.

Yeah, that whole argument is pretty lame. Sure, the quality of releases may have declined a bit, but there have been some blue box shoes that are fire and are comparable with pink/silver/orange box releases. Guys who make that argument would probably pay double for a pair of blue boxers if they came in a silver box. 
roll.gif

Yeah, that whole argument is pretty lame. Sure, the quality of releases may have declined a bit, but there have been some blue box shoes that are fire and are comparable with pink/silver/orange box releases. Guys who make that argument would probably pay double for a pair of blue boxers if they came in a silver box. 
roll.gif

laugh.gif
 right.

This. Coped a number of SB's post '07!

laugh.gif
 right.

This. Coped a number of SB's post '07!

Originally Posted by igniteandexcitee

roll.gif
^
I think this is more along the lines of how dude felt. No disrespect intended here, I know a lot of people felt like the SB line went downhill these past few years and I think that's what people generally mean when they say they would only get shoes from a certain time period. I'd say it was more of flooding the market with too many colorways (look at the increase in dunks from each box color series), and if this is the case it just makes the real "heat" more appreciated IMO. This has been tested through the time of the SB line. Every time a new colored box comes along, the same comments pop up. I remember when people in the buy/sell forums would be like "as for trades, none of that new black box or gold box crap" obviously referring to the times when these were the new kicks in town. Typical mindset of a sneakerhead 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by igniteandexcitee

roll.gif
^
I think this is more along the lines of how dude felt. No disrespect intended here, I know a lot of people felt like the SB line went downhill these past few years and I think that's what people generally mean when they say they would only get shoes from a certain time period. I'd say it was more of flooding the market with too many colorways (look at the increase in dunks from each box color series), and if this is the case it just makes the real "heat" more appreciated IMO. This has been tested through the time of the SB line. Every time a new colored box comes along, the same comments pop up. I remember when people in the buy/sell forums would be like "as for trades, none of that new black box or gold box crap" obviously referring to the times when these were the new kicks in town. Typical mindset of a sneakerhead 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom