2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

@John00

Question #1) I think blogs are necessary for many people. You'd never know a shoe was coming out unless you know the nike rep or whatever. However, it does create hype, and thus, shoes sellout faster than they ever used to. That being said, magazines used to do what blogs do today, just more easily accessible and quicker information dispersion. 

Question #2) I choose KoF regularly because I work for them and I think they have some of the most reliable info. Although, I don't really follow the blogs like other people do, I prefer to talk to NT'ers about SB releases and such.

Question #3) It would be a Walking Dead Dunk High.

1) Walking Dunk
2) "Walkers"
3) The rear of the shoe would have long hair-like material coming off of it, possibly with blood spatter. The midsole would be dirty, almost muddy (speckled, not colored). It would be yellow-ish with brown speckles. The outsole would be blood red, like Crimson. The toe-box would be entirely covered in a 3d Brain like texture (almost like the Brainwrecks inside). The middle of the shoe would have gashes and all sorts of 3d texture working up towards the brain material in the toebox where the toebox would almost look exposed. The toebox would be really soft and padded while the middle of the shoe would be really high quality leather to mimick the texture of skin. Each tongue would have an eye on it that looks like a Walker eye, bloodshot, cloudy pupil/iris etc. You can squeeze the eyeballs and they would send blood to different parts of the shoe through tubes (maybe to the toebox where the "brain" is). The tongue itself would be made of guts looking material that would be similar to the toebox. This shoe would be absolutely disgusting, and would not be for everyone, but that's also why it would be cool and unique. The insole would simply be crimson red like the outsole. The inner material would just be grey, like the grey matter of the brain.
4) The inspiration would be obviously the zombies from the show.
5) The release would be staggered, and totally random. It would release one day in Cali, the next in Florida, etc etc so it would be like the "outbreak" of a disease and it wouldn't be as hyped since the release dates would be revealed the day before to the general public. If you wanted them, you could get them but if you were trying to resell it'd be more difficult.

@John00

Question one: I don't think there's really any sort of way that we could punish the blogs for the false information so I kinda just deal with that one. I think th bigger problem with sneaker blogs are the insane amount of hype they generate by constantly delivering pictures of shoes everyone has seen before and showing casual people there's money to be made.

Question two: lately most of my news comes from here although i do follow most of those blogs on twitter. I try to take everything I see with a grain of salt though.

Question three: the first thing I though when I say this was Seinfeld.

The cut would be a low
The color way would be mostly white due to Jerry's love of mostly whit sneakers
The toe box would be a white mesh like you would normally see on a running shoe
The swoosh would be a superman blue with a red outline and yellow contrast stitching due to the superman references throughout the show.
The nike SB logo on the tongue and on the heel would be in the colors of the logo

Outsole would be a translucent red that would be inspired by the neon sign of the coffee shop they always hung out at.
The side panels will also be mesh but the toe cap and area around the laces and all that will be white tumble leather
Tongue will be white and the default laces would be white but it'd also come with blue, yellow, red
Insole would be white with the nike SB logo again being reminiscent of the shoe logo.
I can't rationalize making a shoe limited so just a normal gr distribution

Last edited:

Question #1.) What does everyone think about blogs and the way they report their info? Should there be consequences for blogs that report false info?   

Question #2.) If you HAD to choose one sneaker blog to get news from which one would you stand by as the most credible over all the rest?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB for your favorite sitcom television series what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:
1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?
2.) Nickname of dunk?[/SIZE]
3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)
4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.
5.) How would it be released?

Q1) I think that the blogs serve a purpose, but because everything comes from anonymous sources there's the inevitable fake info that's going to be passed around. It's not like you can call up the sneaker manufacturers and get confirmation of their release schedule plan 9 months in ad*****. I can't think of consequences for sites that continue to pump out false info, other than them going out of business because their click throughs fall. My bigger pet peeve is when blogs do a terrible job of proofing and fact checking info on older releases. The other day sneaker news had some bit on the last decade of air max releases and the writer glossed over the AM360 retro (as the AM 2006) despite having written the piece on that release 1.5 years ago.

I can deal with bad info about upcoming releases, as long as the blogs own up to the bad info once it's confirmed to not be happening. I can't deal with bad info on released stuff.

Q2) I get my news from here now. I used to frequent the blogs, but then I realized that most of it was just rehashed info from these forums. If I had to go with 1 place to be a clearinghouse for the info that I miss on here, it'd probably be Sneakernews.

Q3)
1.) Dunk High Pro
2.) Can't Stands Ya aka Costanza
3.) Primarily a Navy/White Dunk, it'd have all kinds of materials being used on it, the flaps would be Blue Velvet, Blue Nylon Tongue, Blue Suede toe cap, White Gortex Swoosh, White Midsole with Navy Stitching, Black outsole. Laces would be White. Insole would have 00 as in OOH OOH AH AH. The pull tab would have be blue, but have a red dot that looks like it's not supposed to be there, like on the cashmere sweater he got for Elaine.
4.)This would be a dunk that tries to capture the many moods, the shades, the many sides of George Costanza. It'd also crib off the Cortez he wore on so many episodes, while tossing a nod at the ridiculous Gortex jacket from that one episode.
5.) GR, although it would be late getting there.

Last edited:
Can we do not a sitcom? I was thinking a Game of Thrones Themed line of Dunks- each dunk could follow the sigils of the major houses in the series. If they could do a good Black/Red Chroma option on some dunks for the Targaryen's I would be all over that. 

Can we do not a sitcom? I was thinking a Game of Thrones Themed line of Dunks- each dunk could follow the sigils of the major houses in the series. If they could do a good Black/Red Chroma option on some dunks for the Targaryen's I would be all over that. 
Oops, i didn't read sitcom. Now my shoe is worthless haha.

Breaking bad dunk. Icy blue sole. Yellow swoosh for the suits they wore while cooking. Walt's members only jacket material for the panels. Sb in a chemical symbol box on the tongue. The desert on the insoles. You will have a perfect dunk.

That's an alright price. I almost bought some last year for about $125 in VNDS condition. Worn once in the house type VNDS condition.

Question #1.) What does everyone think about blogs and the way they report their info? Should there be consequences for blogs that report false info?   

Question #2.) If you HAD to choose one sneaker blog to get news from which one would you stand by as the most credible over all the rest?

Question #3.) If you were Nike SB and you could create a SB for your favorite sitcom television series what would it look like? Describe what the Dunk SB would look like using the format I've provided. (You can do as many different SB dunks as you want)

FORMAT:

1.) Name of  dunk and is it a dunk high or dunk low?

2.) Nickname of dunk?

3.) Brief description of materials used and coloring on side panels, toe cap, heel, tongue, laces, sole and insole. (I will accept Photoshop canvas picture.)

4.) Explain the inspiration behind the Dunk SB.

5.) How would it be released?
1)  I really don't care about sneaker blogs. I don't visit them for info. That's what NT is for. Over half those blogs get their info from here anyways. I don't think there should be a punishment for false info either. Losing site visitors is punishment enough.

2) I really don't know. I don't visit them that much so I don't really trust any of them. Maybe sneakernews.

3a) This is a tough one. I love so many. But if I had to choose one it would be Seinfeld. A Seinfeld dunk low premium.

3b) Seinfelds Edit: They're based entirely on the cafe so they should be called Monk's instead. Nike SB "Monk's".

3c) The entire upper would be the highest quality full grain leather with the standard mesh tongue. The entire upper would also be blue with the exception of the swooshes which would be infrared. They would also have piping on them like the Ms. Pacmans that would be infrared and glow in the dark. Laces would be infrared too along with an infrared glow in the dark sole. Midsole and lining would be a whitish grey. Insoles would be the restaurant sign from Monk's cafe.

3d) Inspiration for these would be the cafe that they spent so much time in. That's where all the colors and the insole come from.

Restaurant.jpg

I'd want the piping and sole to look like this while glowing.

Red-LED-Flexible-Neon-Light-110V_7291639_9.bak.jpg

3e) There'd be only 172 pairs made. One for each episode. The quality would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. It would be distributed like the paranormans were except instead of photos you'd have to submit a paragraph (at least), or short video on what your favorite episode was and why. Shoes would be shipped to winners.

Whooooooooo that took forever
laugh.gif
Came up with too many ideas and rewrote this post over and over
mean.gif
Btw guys sitcoms are comedies. Hence the com at the end. Simpsons, seinfeld, arrested development, frasier, cheers, everybody loves raymond those are sitcoms. Game of thrones and Breaking bad arent
laugh.gif
feel free to keep coming up with ideas for them though. That BB one was good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom